MikeBeaver Treasure Trove

Very nice haul, no shovelware in sight!

Let me know if you'll be selling any of the games individually rather than as bundles. There's a few Dreamcast and GBC/GBA ones there on my wanted list.

3 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Very nice haul, no shovelware in sight!

Let me know if you'll be selling any of the games individually rather than as bundles. There's a few Dreamcast and GBC/GBA ones there on my wanted list.

Everything goes as individuals, unless you build a personal bundle ;)

I'm going through them and geting them all listed / tested, but I've started with the things I don't want to keep, so that more gets out of the way before I get soppy on things I "need" to take home ;)

@mikebeaver, love poring through your photos. Thanks for sharing these.

I've always wanted to play the Mother series if you were happy to let the GBA ones go? There's a few Mother III hacks on ebay for around £13 but can't find 1&2 on there... And I'd be up for an unboxed SNES weirdy game to motivate me to finally have a go at @Ninja Doctor's JPN SNES! Shall I drop you a PM?

18 hours ago, Fireproofradiator said:

@mikebeaver, love poring through your photos. Thanks for sharing these.

I've always wanted to play the Mother series if you were happy to let the GBA ones go? There's a few Mother III hacks on ebay for around £13 but can't find 1&2 on there... And I'd be up for an unboxed SNES weirdy game to motivate me to finally have a go at @Ninja Doctor's JPN SNES! Shall I drop you a PM?

There's some JPN region SFC games, the Mother titles are yours mate, I can't be selling those, some people might sell bootlegs, but not me :)

On 16/03/2021 at 13:17, MikeBeaver said:

NTSC, no manual but the box is quite nice, I've never played it myself, any good?

Only played the Amiga version which is average - but I quite like picking up Psygnosis stuff when I see it popping up here and there - I asked about NTSC or PAL because I've never seen a PAL copy in the wild and I guess I still haven't! 

13 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Only played the Amiga version which is average - but I quite like picking up Psygnosis stuff when I see it popping up here and there - I asked about NTSC or PAL because I've never seen a PAL copy in the wild and I guess I still haven't! 

Did it come out in PAL regions? I'd never seen it before, not even the US version!

52 minutes ago, theredstar said:

I’d be interested in some of those Dreamcast games. Probably the same ones as Marlowe, knowing my luck.

I've dumped them all on eBay :( I'll ping you the link, and of course will be knocking some off for a forum discount :)

23 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I forget exactly what was there but I might be interested in any cheap super common NES stuff just because I only own 2 NES carts.

Is your NES region modded? There are quite a few USA and a couple of PAL B region ones ( Ducktales 2.. PAL B :doh:  ffs ), there are of course several UK ones, I'm resigned to doing the unboxed stuff last, so you're in luck :p

33 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

hark at like £1500 worth of vita memory cards there :lol: 

what type of gameboy flashcart is that with a triple A battery in it?

Probably a rumble motor or motion control.

45 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

hark at like £1500 worth of vita memory cards there :lol: 

what type of gameboy flashcart is that with a triple A battery in it?

11 minutes ago, Mr Tony said:

Probably a rumble motor or motion control.

I'm pretty sure it's Perfect Dark ;)

I've got to go back AGAIN!! Hopefully this time I'll be able to get everything that is going.

Will be parking somewhere other than a loading bay this time, so that the constant worry of getting a ticket isn't nagging at me... will be holding my first PS5 Saturday as that's one of the things in there ;)  It's going straight to the other halfs, daughters boyfriend though, as I feel like being nice :)

Is this a full time job for you Mike? I just wondered if there is enough treasure knocking about for you to make a living from, taking into account the time spent shopping/unpacking/testing/fixing/listing/packing/posting. Must be hard work! Do you have a bricks and mortar shop as well or just an ebay store? 

1 hour ago, acidbearboy said:

Is this a full time job for you Mike? I just wondered if there is enough treasure knocking about for you to make a living from, taking into account the time spent shopping/unpacking/testing/fixing/listing/packing/posting. Must be hard work! Do you have a bricks and mortar shop as well or just an ebay store? 

Yeah, it's definitely full time, there is ALWAYS somethign to do, although somehow I seem to find myself on here half the day... guess it's better than Facebook or the other Vampirical Social Networks though.

I have a double office for storage / shipping / sorting etc, but no customer facing shop, I don't think I could deal with actual retail customers these days, I've done my time in retail and people can, in general, just fuck off :lol: Plus, I'd have to keep the place tidy then and have actual opening hours I need to stick to, as it is, I can rock up any time I feel like it, get the post that needs to go out for the day done, ring the courier to pick up his bits, and then do wha I fancy.
Oh, and also, having a shop means people know what's there, and leads to more chance of break-ins and shennanigans.

On 17/03/2021 at 20:51, Jazz Glands said:

Looking to pick up a complete Psycho Fox, if you’re selling? 

When the pubs reopen have a night out in Blackpool. You'll have your pick of Complete Psycho Foxes.

On 19/03/2021 at 11:38, MikeBeaver said:

Yeah, it's definitely full time, there is ALWAYS somethign to do, although somehow I seem to find myself on here half the day... guess it's better than Facebook or the other Vampirical Social Networks though.

I have a double office for storage / shipping / sorting etc, but no customer facing shop, I don't think I could deal with actual retail customers these days, I've done my time in retail and people can, in general, just fuck off :lol: Plus, I'd have to keep the place tidy then and have actual opening hours I need to stick to, as it is, I can rock up any time I feel like it, get the post that needs to go out for the day done, ring the courier to pick up his bits, and then do wha I fancy.
Oh, and also, having a shop means people know what's there, and leads to more chance of break-ins and shennanigans.

Sounds like a total dream job!

I would actually like to run a retro shop when I retire. Just a little cosy place that will seem as, um, antiquated to kids in 30 years time as an antique shop does to us now. Other old codgers will hobble in and we will chitchat about hacking 80s CRPGs or softmodding OG XBoxes. If you're still in business then maybe you can supply the stock and I'll do the customer-facing.

Just now, Down by Law said:

This still the original £1000 haul or a different one? Loads of good shit there! 

It’s the fourth, as I went to collect the second and ended up buying more while there for a third lot.

so far, I’ve given him £3,800!!

oh, and there’s ANOTHER Analogue NT First Edition :omg: