Christopher Plummer - RIP

Fantastic chartacter actor who reached a good age

will always remember him in Star Trek 6 for the scenery chewing

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"

And he made Knives Out! actually watchable with a fantastic performance that helped to lift it out of the doldrums.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK! He was amazing in everything he was in.

Star Trek

Dragnet

FUCKING SKYRIM

National Treasure

Knives Out

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

THERE ARE LOADS MORE! 

RIP. :(

Yeah you always think oh well 91 is a good run but then - No dammit he was still a brilliant actor and still putting in the performances and getting oscars into his late 80s and early 90s.

So it was a good run but we wanted more from him. Taken before his time I think.

42 minutes ago, Clipper said:

will always remember him in Star Trek 6 for the scenery chewing

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"

Bummer, RIP. I know he had a lot of great roles, but I think my favourite was as Chang in Star Trek VI (which I love to re-watch). Somehow, him barking out Shakespeare was just brilliant. 

To be, or not to be...

*ship explodes*

Balls. A true great.

Listen to his amazing recital of the famous Agincourt speech in Henry V in the Walton Version. He starts at 1:22 for the impatient.

When he gets loud it is spinetingling.

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

Bummer, RIP. I know he had a lot of great roles, but I think my favourite was as Chang in Star Trek VI (which I love to re-watch). Somehow, him barking out Shakespeare was just brilliant. 

To be, or not to be...

*ship explodes*

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon."

Damn. Hate losing these legends. But at 91 he deserved the rest. 

I knew him first from The Sound of Music. Watching it as a kid and I always fought back tears at the end. He was just perfect in it.  

I know The Wrath of Khan is brilliant, but this is still to my mind the finest battle the original crew ever fought.  Bones line (4:03) of ‘I would pay real money for him to shut up’ is just brilliant, as is the face on the Klingon standing behind Chang (3:21) when he spins round in his chair screaming ‘Cry havoc and let slip the Dog’s of War’

Qapla General Chang and RIP.

10 minutes ago, Waggo said:

I know The Wrath of Khan is brilliant, but this is still to my mind the finest battle the original crew ever fought.  Bones line (4:03) of ‘I would pay real money for him to shut up’ is just brilliant, as is the face on the Klingon standing behind Chang (3:21) when he spins round in his chair screaming ‘Cry havoc and let slip the Dog’s of War’

Qapla General Chang and RIP.

I am so watching that shit again  this weekend. It’s brilliant.

For me when I think of him I think of the Rev. Jonathan Whirley.

image.thumb.jpeg.3b0b85a19065074e3ec1d24254bed189.jpeg

Without him Dragnet wouldn’t have worked. He’s so deliciously ridiculous. Made me laugh a lot as a kid. 

RIP.

Dragnet, Knives Out and Star Trek VI for me too, and also Murder By Decree, the Sherlock Holmes/Jack The Ripper mashup.

As @Sabremansaid, it didn’t matter whether the film was great, Plummer always was.

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye, Baron Von Trapp :(

I had The Man Who Would Be King (1975) lined up because of Connery passing away recently, but Plummer’s death was a second unfortunate reason to watch it this afternoon.

Great adventure flick with a good dramatic arc, slightly reminiscent of Lawrence of Arabia (also scored by Maurice Jarre) and the scope of its ilk in the 50s and 60s. Somehow a bit under seen despite the big names involved. Highly recommended. Should be on sale on iTunes now too.