IGNORED

Playstation Exclusives- what have I missed out on?

therearerules

The number of exclusives I need to play on a Sony console has reached a tipping point, and so despite being a paid up until 2024 gamepass Series S owner, I will soon also have a (third hand) PS4 Pro. This'll be my first sony console since the PSP (PS2 before that), not out of Sony hatred or anything like that, but simply money and TV space.

The exclusives which eventually made this compulsory:

Shibuya Scramble 428 (not technically an exclusive, but it's not on XBox or Switch so it counts)

Bloodborne (love Dark Souls)

Final Fantasy VII Remake (love the original)

Until Dawn (respect Man of Medan, and am genuinely intrigued by how this one is better- this was the tippiing point for me).

That's probably enough to last me until lockdown ends (especially with the gp games), but what other sony exclusives am I missing out on here? Obviously there's the Uncharteds and co, but I'm a bit meh on the old action adventure games atm. So any other thoughts, especially anything that goes meta in any way, or has time travel elements, or weird branching paths. Or on the other end of the scale, is as good as Dark Souls.

Bloodborne is essential.

FFVII Remake got a bit of a mixed reception on the forum but it was my 2020 GotY, and it came 5th in our forum poll. :) 

Obviously I'd recommend Persona 5 Royal, but with the caveat that it's a Persona game, and not everyone's into stylish dungeon-crawling JRPGs with high-schoolers. The original Persona 5 still exists and will be cheaper, but Royal is basically P5 with a ton of extra content so it's a better starting point.

Uncharted 4 is a great game. All the other uncharted games can suck it, I didn’t like them at all.

My first PlayStation was PS4 so I had a lot of catching up to do and wow it was worth it.

The list is really obvious though with Last of Us part 1 & 2, last guardian, shadow of the colossus, God of war (plus 3 remastered), Spider-Man ,Detroit, The Order? , 

S Tier

Bloodborne

Persona 5 Royal

FF7R

The Last Of Us Remastered & TLOU2

M2 ShotTriggers releases

The Last Guardian 

GT Sport

Journey

Rez Infinite 

A Tier

Uncharted 4

Uncharted Lost Legacy

Miles Morales

Horizon Zero Dawn

Wipeout Omega Collection

Flower

DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours

B Tier

Gravity Rush Remastered

Nex Machina 

Ghost of Tsushima

Street Fighter V

The Uncharted Collection

Sound Shapes

C Tier

Until Dawn

Death Stranding 

God of War

Days Gone

Ratchet and Clank

Gravity Rush 2

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

1 minute ago, Harrisown said:

I feel quite vindicated that no ones mentioned Horizon.

I did, but I also put GR2 below GR:R. The 30fps makes me feel sick in the sequel, very 'lurchy' compared to the smooth and snappy 60 of the original. Also, the original has a better soundtrack for me. 

TLOU2, TLOU Remastered, God of War, Bloodborne and The Last Guardian are my favourites.

Shadow of the Colossus, Journey and Uncharted 4 (and the Lost Legacy) are nearly as good.

Horizon Zero Dawn is very playable but a bit forgettable.

Spider-Man I liked well enough but thought was probably more impressive for Spidey fans.

Days Gone bored me.

FF7: R I actively disliked.

Ghost of Tsushima I've yet to play.

24 minutes ago, therearerules said:

Or on the other end of the scale, is as good as Dark Souls

Sounds like you want to play NIOH to me.

Personally I think everything Housemarque (Super Stardust, Resogun, Alienation, Nex Machina) is essential.

Its all crazy interlocking storylines, I enjoyed it but it does have a lot of teen high school garbage and the pacing is poor to begin with. It gets cool later on though with tons of mysteries and twists, the story is the most complicated of any VN I've played, even Zero Escape. I wouldn't rate it as high as Zero Escape but still definitely worth checking out.

2 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Sounds like you want to play NIOH to me.

Personally I think everything Housemarque (Super Stardust, Resogun, Alienation, Nex Machina) is essential.

Just have to second a couple of these. Resogun and Nex Machina are completely outstanding; two exceptionally well executed modern takes on the classic arcade game.