IGNORED

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - April 8 2022

mdn2

I watched about 5 mins of the first one and just gave up. I’m just not the audience for this but I’m fascinated by its existence. Did the original have any bits in it that acknowledged the original sonic design?

See, if I were them I would milk that for all it’s worth. I would have the debut of tails in the trailer and he looks horrendous but it’s just a costume that he then removes, something like that.

7 hours ago, Capwn said:

See, if I were them I would milk that for all it’s worth. I would have the debut of tails in the trailer and he looks horrendous but it’s just a costume that he then removes, something like that.

You mean like this?

(The channel that uploaded that clip seems to be focused on a very specific interest. :blink:)

Another one genuinely delighted to see this announced. My boy is currently obsessed with Sonic and his crew. Actually dropped him at his Grans this morning with his back pack loaded with his Sonic, Tails, Shadow and Knuckles figures. When he plays he is Sonic, I am Knuckles and our dog is Tails :)

Just before lockdown hit I was able to take him for his first cinema trip and it was something I will never forget. By the time things get back to some kind of normal it will be well over a year that I have missed out on that kind of thing with him. A small thing in the grand scheme I know, but that’s all it is when they are little. A collection of small things you never want to forget.

Anyway, can’t wait for this and fingers crossed I can make it an epic cinema night out for him next year :wub:

On 11/02/2021 at 02:29, Capwn said:

I watched about 5 mins of the first one and just gave up. I’m just not the audience for this but I’m fascinated by its existence. Did the original have any bits in it that acknowledged the original sonic design?

It had several references toward the end but it’s a movie that really seems to get comfortable with itself as it progresses. It helps that Marsden is just so fucking charming at this stuff (he was great in Hop, even though the movie itself is poor) and then the finale is actually an excellent set piece and crescendo.

• 3 months later...

Plot synopsis has leaked:

Spoiler

After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is ready for more freedom, and Tom and Maddie agree to leave him home while they go on vacation. But, no sooner are they gone, when Dr. Robotnik comes back, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to both build and destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands. Being directed by Jeff Fowler, and starring Jim Carrey, James Marsden, and Ben Schwartz.

• 8 months later...
On 17/02/2021 at 11:06, MardiganX said:

Another one genuinely delighted to see this announced. My boy is currently obsessed with Sonic and his crew. Actually dropped him at his Grans this morning with his back pack loaded with his Sonic, Tails, Shadow and Knuckles figures. When he plays he is Sonic, I am Knuckles and our dog is Tails :)

Just before lockdown hit I was able to take him for his first cinema trip and it was something I will never forget. By the time things get back to some kind of normal it will be well over a year that I have missed out on that kind of thing with him. A small thing in the grand scheme I know, but that’s all it is when they are little. A collection of small things you never want to forget.

Anyway, can’t wait for this and fingers crossed I can make it an epic cinema night out for him next year :wub:

🥰 can’t wait for it!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks incredible. Not the biggest Sonic fan (bar Mania, that was legit), but loved the first movie. Was still nostalgic even though I was a Nintendo kid. 

I think my Wife enjoyed it even more than me! and she hates Video Games!