Just now, Ninja Doctor said:

Too easy. It’s like kicking an Atari Jaguar owner. 

I was going to say "it's a shame you're not very good", but was worried you'd cancel your subscription ;)

1 minute ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Too easy. It’s like kicking an Atari Jaguar owner. 

I feel a great disturbance in the force. As if millions of Nathan Winds cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

1 hour ago, strider said:

I was going to say "it's a shame you're not very good", but was worried you'd cancel your subscription ;)

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever played any strider. It must have missed me by being a SNES person. Is it on the Megadrive mini?

3 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever played any strider. It must have missed me by being a SNES person.

It was renamed Run Saber during localisation for the SNES, and some of the graphics were recoloured a bit.

:wub: @ Bionic Commando cover.

Also full marks for the Forgotten Worlds one, such a great game. I still need to work out how to easily play that on my picade. I reckon a lot of people miss out on playing that due to the spinner required. Same for Midnight Resistance.

39 minutes ago, Rex Grossman said:

S tier games 

SFII

A tier games

Final Fight

Bionic Commando

B tier games 

Captain Commando

Forgotten Worlds

C tier games

Strider

D tier games 

Ghosts n Goblins

Outrageous!

20 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

B tier games 

Captain Commando

Forgotten Worlds

IMO, Forgotten Worlds/Lost Worlds would be waaay more widely remembered and regarded if it hadn't had that weird control system. (Or rather, the arcade system had been more easily replicable on home systems.)

Loved the Wizkid piece by Lewis Packwood, and Zombies Ate My Neighbours remains a real favourite of mine.

Enjoyed the little game choice boxes in the Capcom article too, an interesting little inside perspective.

I have to admit I prefer the retail covers, particularly the Strider and GnG one. Much better than Final Fight! (sorry mmmonkey). I'd track it down in normal circumstances, but the WH Smiths near me has been closed for months.

Really enjoyed this issue. But it's making me close to buying the Capcom Switch bundle thing - so it's looking like a costly mag.

Second the article about the Master System too. My first console, and will always have a place in my heart (best version of Sonic, FACT.)