IGNORED

Nintendo Direct Wed 17th January (February)

Calashnikov

The best thing about the Skyward Sword remaster is that it can extend the debate on its greatness for another decade. 

People either love it or hate it, no in between. 

However, now ai think on it, it looks worse than Twilight Princess HD too. 

I’ll buy Mario Golf and Splatoon 3, also Skyward Sword reluctantly, and give that Triangle thingee a go. There were some ports of decent games that are available on other formats, but why would I play them on Switch? Everything else was either very disappointing or totally not my thing. I thought the point behind consolidating handheld and home consoles into one was that Nintendo would be able to develop double the usual number of games for one system. Not at the moment! What are they up to?!

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

They’ll save that until nearer Christmas, I mean their schedule is looking threadbare this year from that presentation.

It's not threadbare, it's heavily focused on the Japanese market. Monster Hunter is a massive title in that regard as is a load of Square stuff.

Just now, rgraves said:

Zelda is clearly their 'Holiday 2021' title. Splatoon 3 we now know is after that, so BOTW is on for November I reckon. Crosses fingers.

hopefully! The fact they had nothing to show from it today was slightly concerning to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if it slipped into 2022 at this point to be honest.

It’s weird, in terms of things I’m really looking forward to over the next few months, I’m sorted with Monster Hunter, Ninja Gaiden and Skyward Sword.

But yeah...they really over egged the pudding talking about how it was going to be 50 minutes and acknowledging it’s their first Direct for such a long time. I absolutely came away disappointed.

But I’m not really the target market for a lot of this stuff. If I was 15 years old I’m sure I would be buzzing right now.

2 minutes ago, kensei said:

It's not threadbare, it's heavily focused on the Japanese market. Monster Hunter is a massive title in that regard as is a load of Square stuff.

Well yes but that’s not out this year (Triangle). I dunno - it’s ok I guess, but anyone looking for a new game from Nintendo has golf to look forward to all year, at the moment. 

Providing an alternative to waggle in Skyward Sword won't really fix the deeper problems of constant handholding and overly simple dungeon design. There's still a lot to love about the game but I doubt Nintendo will be addressing those issues.

Just now, Stanley said:

Which Zelda? No way are we getting BoTW 2 this year, it ain’t happening.

I think today makes it more likely - if it was 2022, they'd have given it a Splatoon 3 treatment. Instead, they are launching another port to keep people in the Zelda mood and it'll be their big E3 title with a November launch to follow. I'd bet somebody else's bollock on it now.