Splatoon 3 - it's here!

strawdonkey

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bqam7bipajaztmqi9h7v

Splatoon 3 releases today! Anyone who ordered from the Currys link earlier in the thread should receive theirs via DPD today.

As per request I put together a sheet for anyone looking for people to play Splatoon 3 with; I'm not sure how important the Splat Tags are at this point but have left a space for them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ef51fPvmpglEvPKqjeCXnAlDWWzxJ8g5m-rtlSZaYjQ/edit?usp=sharing

[edit] The Nintendo Online app has been updated with a Splatoon 3 section; it looks like you'll be able to view a Friend List through this too, along with returning functionality from Spaltoon 2 like battle log and ordering gear.

There's also a section about "helping Crusty Sean on his quest" with the reward of special items, and a photo album - looking forward to seeing if this is an instance of Nintendo improving their online functionality.

56 minutes ago, strawdonkey said:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bqam7bipajaztmqi9h7v

Splatoon 3 releases today! Anyone who ordered from the Currys link earlier in the thread should receive theirs via DPD today.

As per request I put together a sheet for anyone looking for people to play Splatoon 3 with; I'm not sure how important the Splat Tags are at this point but have left a space for them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ef51fPvmpglEvPKqjeCXnAlDWWzxJ8g5m-rtlSZaYjQ/edit?usp=sharing

[edit] The Nintendo Online app has been updated with a Splatoon 3 section; it looks like you'll be able to view a Friend List through this too, along with returning functionality from Spaltoon 2 like battle log and ordering gear.

There's also a section about "helping Crusty Sean on his quest" with the reward of special items, and a photo album - looking forward to seeing if this is an instance of Nintendo improving their online functionality.

Nope, mine’s arriving Monday according to DPD. I am mildly annoyed.

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Nope, mine’s arriving Monday according to DPD. I am mildly annoyed.

The last few times I've had a DPD parcel due on a Monday they have ended up rescheduling it for the Saturday.  Each time I got the notification Sat morning and was a bit annoying one time as I had gone out for the whole day and had to quickly reschedule it back to the Monday using their app! 😂

Might be area, service or vendor specific though so dont want to get your hopes up too much

3 hours ago, dataDave said:

I was going to treat myself to a day off, with the traditional new Nintendo game day visit to McDonald’s. But my son said that wouldn’t be fair - so now I have to wait until he’s done with school before we head into town. 😕

It’s only fair ;) I had to do similar with Mario Odyssey. I even let my little boy break the Nintendo seal(one of the greatest things in life!). 

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

The game lets you import data from Splatoon 2 so if you’ve levelled up in that you shouldn’t need to grind again. Unfortunately my Splatoon data was wiped when I got my oled so I’m starting over. 

Does it start you on your Splatoon 2 rank? I’m not sure if I wouldn’t mind starting from scratch. 

Turf war till level 4. Then you can play salmon run ,buy clothing items. Not to sure about ranked. It was level 10 in 2. Not to sure in this one.

Had a quick go today. No disconnections as of yet. Played an old map from 2 in turf war. Are the maps a mixture of old and new??

3 hours ago, Dan said:

It’s only fair ;) I had to do similar with Mario Odyssey. I even let my little boy break the Nintendo seal(one of the greatest things in life!). 

Does it start you on your Splatoon 2 rank? I’m not sure if I wouldn’t mind starting from scratch. 

It asks about importing a splatoon 2 save on first boot and it said something about using it in matching you with similarly ranked players, getting access to certain modes straight away and that I'd get 3 golden sheldon tickets after my first match IIRC.  It did not specifically say my level would be imported and after getting to the Splatsville I'm level 1.  I guess that might change to my old level after I join an online match but wont have a chance to try that til after work.

1 hour ago, Yuujiin said:

Turf war till level 4. Then you can play salmon run ,buy clothing items. Not to sure about ranked. It was level 10 in 2. Not to sure in this one.

Had a quick go today. No disconnections as of yet. Played an old map from 2 in turf war. Are the maps a mixture of old and new??

Yes, a mix of old and new.  I expect there might be a few tweaks on the returning maps, there was to the splatoon maps that appeared in splatoon 2

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

It asks about importing a splatoon 2 save on first boot and it said something about using it in matching you with similarly ranked players, getting access to certain modes straight away and that I'd get 3 golden sheldon tickets after my first match IIRC.  It did not specifically say my level would be imported and after getting to the Splatsville I'm level 1.  I guess that might change to my old level after I join an online match but wont have a chance to try that til after work.

Yes, a mix of old and new.  I expect there might be a few tweaks on the returning maps, there was to the splatoon maps that appeared in splatoon 2

Cheers ☺️ Maybe it’s just using your old level for behind the scenes matchmaking then. I won’t get to play until late tonight. 

Will we be getting new maps over the two years they’ve promised to support/update the game? 

28 minutes ago, Dan said:

Cheers ☺️ Maybe it’s just using your old level for behind the scenes matchmaking then. I won’t get to play until late tonight. 

Will we be getting new maps over the two years they’ve promised to support/update the game? 

I'm not sure I want my old level, I haven't played the game properly for at least 3 years!

I imported but it only carried across my ranking.

These players are definitely my level. I’ve only won 50% of the time.

I wish the points standing was displayed a little earlier on the results screens. I don’t give a toss about having to sit through those victory poses. I need more immediacy there.

Yep - carries your ranked and gives tickets to unlock 3 weapons upto level 30, early. Almost certainly carrying over an invisible rank for Turf War because all my matches have had players knowing exactly what they are doing.

Played some multiplayer, single player and the card game - it's all so beautifully polished and fun.