Jump to content

Splatoon 3 - it's here!


strawdonkey
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Have been playing quite a lot of Salmon Run and they seem to have added loads of little improvements to it.  Only 2 maps so far but can't wait to try the rest.

BUT

BUT

BUT

What have they done to the Grizzco music?!?! 😭

It's the same tune but remixed and massively "turned down", just not the same 😭😭😭

Yep, instantly makes it worse than Splatoon 2. They've changed the music at the start and the end of a Turf War battle as well. After so many hours on its predecessor, my brain just can't get used to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I don’t remember seeing anything offensive on the previous games. I’ll be reporting any I see. I’ve got lots of “I like/kiss men”, it’s not offensive as such, but I don’t know why they feel the need to tell us. There was a load of stuff going on on Reddit about one of the announcers being non-binary then an uproar when Nintendo mentioned she identifies as a girl, so I think maybe Splatoon has a big following of certain groups. I’d just rather it be child friendly than a place to air views on society etc. 

“As such” 

 

Anyway this plays an absolutely belting game of Splatoon and the music is fucking incredible. I absolutely get the “very similar to Splatoon 2” comments but Splatoon is awesome and you can skip the hourly announcements now so it’s a 5/5 from me thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BitterToad said:

“As such” 

 

Anyway this plays an absolutely belting game of Splatoon and the music is fucking incredible. I absolutely get the “very similar to Splatoon 2” comments but Splatoon is awesome and you can skip the hourly announcements now so it’s a 5/5 from me thanks. 

Sorry, I meant as such, as inappropriate for kids. ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • strawdonkey changed the title to Splatoon 3 - it's here!

I am hating how sweaty this is... I am just absolute pants in comparison to everyone else it would seem. I would usually class myself as above average at shooters, and not so terrible at platformers either, but I just get stomped by everyone... 

 

I put a fair bit of time in Splatoon 2 too with some success. How is everyone's accuracy so damn good? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperCapes said:

I am hating how sweaty this is... I am just absolute pants in comparison to everyone else it would seem. I would usually class myself as above average at shooters, and not so terrible at platformers either, but I just get stomped by everyone... 

 

I put a fair bit of time in Splatoon 2 too with some success. How is everyone's accuracy so damn good? 

 

This is the best practice you can get, being thrown in with all the returning players. Try to stick with it and ignore all the ranking/labels.

 

Besides, who wants to play Turf War for all eternity? That's what Splatfests are for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Can you really not invite friends individually, and instead have to wait for them to join your room? Surely not!

 

Please understand. Those couple of rounds I dropped into with you are the only friends matches I've played, and it's not for lack of trying. 😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stevo said:

If you have one of the food exp boosters active for a round, and you get booted because people disconnect... does the exp booster carry over...? 🥺


No. It’s spent.

 

Back down to B. Sundays are hard!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dataDave said:

Are we going to get some forum matches organised or what?

 

Dizzyl, LEE, redael, Peanut… Are these the names of anyone here?


Kind of. I approach this forum like Splatoon these days. Stick a Ninja Squid tee on and be seen as little as possible. It’s the only way to succeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dataDave said:

No. It’s spent.

 

Oh, c'maaannn! Every little counts in these early stages of getting to know the game. :( The five grand for a capsule was hard come by and because someone rage quit it gets wiped out?? 

image.png.b4b73067219cdcaf1eda1eb5224d2bc0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stevo said:

 

Oh, c'maaannn! Every little counts in these early stages of getting to know the game. :( The five grand for a capsule was hard come by and because someone rage quit it gets wiped out?? 

image.png.b4b73067219cdcaf1eda1eb5224d2bc0.png

 


You can farm them in Salmon Run. But then hitting the 1200pts for a decent payout of random goodies takes around 90mins if you’re not grouped with numpties.

 

I’m trying to get back into A Rank and it’s hard as fuck. It feels like 4v8 most of the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played two games on turf war  handheld tonight, no issues during the game, but both times I got a communication error just after the map that shows the percentage. It counted as a disconnect :( two wins too. I’d played a little Salmon Run before this with no issues. Had to hog the TV via a wired dock after this and had no problems for the hour or so I played. Seems a little odd it happened at the same point twice after flawless games. 
 

My docked and wired connection is type A now after messing around with the DMZ setting on my router, wireless ia B. I don’t think the NAT would cause the disconnect though? Anyone else have communication errors at the same time?
 

Turf war is now a massive challenge, like dataDave has said the usual tactics of minding your own business is less effective right now. Many games are very close. It’s made me play a bit of Salmon Run which I barely touched on S2(only played TW) and I’m loving it, great fun. Dipped into single player too tonight and had a great time. :) 
 

Oh and does anyone else have the music stuck in their head whilst they aren’t playing? I think I’m totally addicted to this right now, I’ve gone a few months without much urge to play all the games I have on my Xbox(and I’ve got some fantastic stuff installed via game pass), but Nintendo comes along and I’m back into it. It’s making me want to replace my launch day console with a pretty Splatoon OLED 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dan said:

My docked and wired connection is type A now after messing around with the DMZ setting on my router, wireless ia B. I don’t think the NAT would cause the disconnect though? Anyone else have communication errors at the same time?

I think this might be a type B thing, I had it several times at that exact point before putting the Switch in the DMZ. First couple it said others had disconnected, the last time it told me off for disconnecting. I guess if you just lose connection for some unspecified reason it might get a bit arbitrary who it 'blames' for it.

 

It'd be nice if this could get sorted as it means I can't really play undocked (which I do rarely with Splatoon, but obviously it's nice to have the option.) Also I guess it'd be kinda better not to have anything in the DMZ, as unlikely as an issue on a games console might be. The recommended ports to forward for the Switch's online include every fucking UDP port, which my router understandably isn't happy about me doing. The maximum range I can add to a rule is 255 so I'd be there all day and still might end up on type B at the end of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, El Pibe said:

Best to just jump in with number 3 or to try previous games?

 

Jump in with 3 first, then buy Splatoon 2 later. It's worthwhile to hop between the games seeing as the dynamics seem to be very different now. Plus, 2 has exclusive maps, music, subs/specials, and single-player. It's fully fleshed out with content at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd go in with 3 - likely to be more newbies around for a while.

 

11 hours ago, Dan said:

play a bit of Salmon Run which I barely touched on S2(only played TW

 

I recommend playing to the 1200 pt level as many days as you can, farm up some tickets, and always play with XP or Gold boost, at least in the early days to get up to L10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rsdio said:

I think this might be a type B thing, I had it several times at that exact point before putting the Switch in the DMZ. First couple it said others had disconnected, the last time it told me off for disconnecting. I guess if you just lose connection for some unspecified reason it might get a bit arbitrary who it 'blames' for it.

 

It'd be nice if this could get sorted as it means I can't really play undocked (which I do rarely with Splatoon, but obviously it's nice to have the option.) Also I guess it'd be kinda better not to have anything in the DMZ, as unlikely as an issue on a games console might be. The recommended ports to forward for the Switch's online include every fucking UDP port, which my router understandably isn't happy about me doing. The maximum range I can add to a rule is 255 so I'd be there all day and still might end up on type B at the end of it.

My Switch seems to have a different IP addresses for docked/wired and handheld. Should I make these the same? Then I can have the Switch in the DMZ if I’m wired or handheld? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dataDave said:

You can farm them in Salmon Run. But then hitting the 1200pts for a decent payout of random goodies takes around 90mins if you’re not grouped with numpties.

 

I’m trying to get back into A Rank and it’s hard as fuck. It feels like 4v8 most of the time.

 

I'll have to get into that mode a bit more then. 90 mins sounds massive to me at the moment--building my Splatoon stamina still. Went through the Grizzco tutorial and it seemed fairly cool so jumped in for a few rounds and thought I took to it like a duck to water... then a new boss appeared (I didn't go through all the bosses in practise mode) and we fell at the first hurdle on that set. So yeah, I could be one of those numpties. 🤪 Is there an indicator for what direction the enemy threat is coming from? At times I was doing laps just to find the blighters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.