Jump to content

Splatoon 3 - it's here!


strawdonkey
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm sure there is a formula used to determine it but the one and so far only time I beat the king my reward wasn't great (9 bronze, 1 silver) and I thought I'd dealt a decent amount of damage in that run including hitting him with a few golden eggs.  I've had better payouts, including 1 gold, from losses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dataDave said:

I think that means it's not possible for you to get boosted by higher level players. So we can play together, you get rewards, but no promotion.

 

The higher your rank, the more points multiplier you end up with.

 

Right. With the wording of it, I didn't know if it would boost me so fast I'd skip over promotions, or if it'd pull you back and you'd lose stuff you already have. Nintendo + online = nothing can be taken for granted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the secret extra level last night. I say last night, it actually took me two nights and multiple times walking away in frustration.

 

I was extremely close to just giving up. By far the most difficult thing in the game.

 

Got some kit and a badge for my efforts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Did the secret extra level last night. I say last night, it actually took me two nights and multiple times walking away in frustration.

 

I was extremely close to just giving up. By far the most difficult thing in the game.

 

Got some kit and a badge for my efforts. 


I’ve got onto the second stage of it and figured that, as it said ‘saving’, I’d be able to go back and pick up from where I left off. Nope, back to square one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Strafe said:


I’ve got onto the second stage of it and figured that, as it said ‘saving’, I’d be able to go back and pick up from where I left off. Nope, back to square one.

 

I had a hunch that it wouldn't save so left it in suspend mode. The thought of redoing it all probably spurred me on to complete it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed that Anarchy Open matches are quite a bit better matched, so I’ve spent all week grinding 8pt wins to bring myself from -900 to -300. I feel like my play has improved immeasurably, although there are still match ups I struggle with (such as sloshers which go right over my Splash Walls). It’s also pretty stressful when we secure splat zones and I end up being the only person invading their base in order to apply pressure to choke/vantage points while everyone else camps within the splat zone itself all grouped up waiting for the inevitable stacked specials counter.

 

I took a gamble on a Series last night after stuffing myself into all that debt, but it felt just slightly above my skill level still. Although I came out with a 28pts gain for only two wins. I can live with that, but it’s a big risk potentially coming away with fewer wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried out ranked for the first time today. What a difference! Only played the clam and rainmaker modes but immediatedly it became a better game where teamwork, timing, positioning and weapon traits all came into play. I was getting sick of turf war because ultimately it all comes down to the last minute or even seconds assuming one team isn't getting stomped. This was a great remedy. I was using the charger and although I'm not that good with it, in ranks you can use the long ink trail to forge lines of attack, cut off enemies and support team mates at range. Really enjoyed it.

 

I also cleared the 3rd campaign island and its getting more interesting, its been a bit of a bore until now. And I'm glad I did because it taught me you can keep charger charge whilst submerged which is a tip they don't teach you except maybe the intro in the shop. Maybe I'm missing it but I don't understand why they don't have weapon tips and mechanics listed anywhere except when they're introduced in the shop, and in campaign missions. The shop intros are useless because you unlock things so fast and you never remember what was said when you first bought it. Good job the campaign teaches you those things!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game can be quite vindictive. On top of voiding four wins but still deducting your entry fee for an Anarchy Series if someone disconnects during the final match, it just decided to not give me my Salmon Run rewards because the round finished after the rotation ended

 

Apart from the contstant robbery, I’m having a great time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Losing four wins and your entry fee is complete bullshit, especially when you’re playing your ass off for those wins. Double especially when you’re on course for winning the final match.

 

I’m skipping Series unless it’s a mode and map combo I’m super confident about. I’d rather just grind Opens without the stress and to gain experience with maps I’m not suited at yet. 8pts for a win and -3pts for a loss isn’t too bad as long as your win rate is over 50%. I’m now 1300pts away from ranking up, so a very long way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do like the single rank now, but conversely I am keeping away from clam blitz. It definitely isn't my strongest game type - but it's the amount of games I've gone into when the team has no clue on tactics!

 

Two weeks in and I think Tri-Stringer is my favourite weapon. The way it move and handles is great and it feels super versatile - excellent map control from mid-range, tricky close range but not uncomfortable. In teams of randoms without defined roles this flexibility has helped me be really effective. I had an absolutely excellent few games of Tower Control in which I could keep midrange at the start and go onto the tower if needed - and Killer Wail is a great quick getaway tool.

 

Also arching charged shots over walls and ledges will never not be a ton of fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

This game can be quite vindictive. On top of voiding four wins but still deducting your entry fee for an Anarchy Series if someone disconnects during the final match, it just decided to not give me my Salmon Run rewards because the round finished after the rotation ended

 

Apart from the contstant robbery, I’m having a great time.

I was similarly robbed in salmon run too. Completed all 3 waves with what would have been enough to get the super bonus at 1200p only to finish the match just after the change in rotation and have my points go to zero instead, they didn't even count towards the new set of bonuses, just evaporated! 😢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The great thing about splatoon is that the various modes are all pretty damn good. There really isn't one I can think of as being poor and avoiding. I like turf war, clam blitz, tower control, rain maker, salmon run etc. All good. All lots of fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I go through phases with them, but that’ll iron out over time. It’s the same with the maps.

 

I tried some Rapid Blaster Pro on Tower Control last night. It made a nice change to be able to hang back a bit and mindlessly keep the tower peppered with mist while continually blasting it with shots. My kills/death ratio was the best it’s been in a while.

 

It’s also hilarious once you get everyone on the tower for an utterly impenetrable Train of Death (also great for baiting and evading specials). That chirpy little tune it plays is the cherry on top. I like the vacuum special for completely negating incoming damage as we approach the final 20pts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dataDave said:

I go through phases with them, but that’ll iron out over time. It’s the same with the maps.

 

I tried some Rapid Blaster Pro on Tower Control last night. It made a nice change to be able to hang back a bit and mindlessly keep the tower peppered with mist while continually blasting it with shots. My kills/death ratio was the best it’s been in a while.

 

It’s also hilarious once you get everyone on the tower for an utterly impenetrable Train of Death (also great for baiting and evading specials). That chirpy little tune it plays is the cherry on top. I like the vacuum special for completely negating incoming damage as we approach the final 20pts.

For me it's the little tune that plays when the barrier is down on clam blitz. It makes me want to bop along with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any night is good for me, but Thursdays are best.

 

I’m a bit bored of this Splatfest already. I can only really use Turf War for trying out new weapons because using my mains is degrading my zoneness when it comes back to ranked (up to 68pts, btw!). Also, I’ve not seen a single Team Fun out of about 40 games. WTF?

 

Oh, I put Ninja Squid onto my Splatfest tee and got the six chunks of Quick Respawn back. It seems you can switch around without losing chunks.

 

Time for some single player I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Urgh, team grub already ahead going into the weekend. Hope gear or fun takes it. Can't stand the look of that yellow goblin. It's like they puked on the page and called it a character design. Yuck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So reached level 10 and unlocked anarchy (20 minutes before they disappeared for Splatfest)

 

Under my xp bar on hub screen now there’s a box that says ‘dry’ next to a picture of a weapon? What’s that about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hexx said:

So reached level 10 and unlocked anarchy (20 minutes before they disappeared for Splatfest)

 

Under my xp bar on hub screen now there’s a box that says ‘dry’ next to a picture of a weapon? What’s that about?

 

You've not used it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.