Constantine - another TV reboot

Can't someone just to the "real" Constantine for once, I'm not at all familiar with his character post-Hellblazer but none of the TV or film adaptions seem to have captured that gritty, highly-flawed (how many friends does he sacrifice to demons just to save his own skin?) working class magician character very well. 

Been (slowly) re-reading the Jamie Delano and Garth Ennis stuff over the past few years as it's mostly available on Kindle Unlimited and it's really good storytelling. I seem to remember the Mike Carey run was great too. Those would all make a good basis for a TV show. 

Is he in the recent Swamp Thing series I've noticed on Prime?

Is that series any good? (For a big fan of the classic Alan Moore run, as well as Hellblazer). 

Never really heard anyone talk about it so assume not, but thought I would ask. 

12 hours ago, Hexx said:

Screenshot_2021_02_08_at_10.36.20_AM.png

I've no idea if it's "accurate" to the character, but I'm liking the current comic 

Spurrier's cancelled run. Yes it's amazing and I have tpb no 2 pre ordered to arrive next month. 

6 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Spurrier's cancelled run. Yes it's amazing and I have tpb no 2 pre ordered to arrive next month. 

What? That’s from issue 3 of it? Like last week?

it’s the little foot lift :wub:

10 minutes ago, Hexx said:

What? That’s from issue 3 of it? Like last week?

it’s the little foot lift :wub:

Issue 3 of Si Spurrier's run came out last year? 

What's the issue you are referring too? You know it's Spurrier's run cos it has amazing Campbell artwork and the first arc is all about a gang in a tower block in London collected in this 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/1779502893/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_0KEHCHDD9NFHHM23K5GG

As I alluded above - first I’ve read after seeing character pop up lots of places so no idea if it’s ‘true to character’ or what not but I’ve enjoyed it

The best version of Constantine for me has always been the original Delano run with Ennis a close second. The TV version of Constantine, in my head at least, was a mixture of those.  A BBC show in the vein of Sherlock or Luther with the unwashed atmosphere of Fincher's Seven set in the seedy Soho underbelly of the late 80s with Thatcher still in power, demon-worshipping politicians and  freemasons and all the satire Delano gave it with John being the absolute cunt that he is whilst trying to save mankind from possessed serial killers and various voodoo shit. 

Obviously that's never gonna happen and it's all superheroes and DC related stuff to keep the franchises churning.