God bless Annapurna Interactive

Outer Wilds is one of theirs, yes. :)

They're awesome, and possibly the only publisher where I'll want to give a game a chance purely based on their name. The only comparable one I can think of is Devolver, who have a similarly strong brand but not everything they publish appeals in the same way.

Yup, pretty sure I've enjoyed everything of theirs to some extent. I wasn't as taken with Edith Finch as some, but Outer Wilds and Kentucky Route Zero are actual masterpieces and I won't hear otherwise.

The Pathless seemed to have mixed reviews but I loved that one too.  Certainly a more worthwhile example of a Breath of the Wild-inspired open world than that dogshit Ubisoft game.

Yeah, can't add much except agreement. Not that all their games appeal, but they're guaranteed to be trying something different.

Oh and, surely Maquette needs a mention at this point, given that it's out in a couple of weeks:

Curve Digital used to be a seal of quality for cheap, little indie games for me (Stealth Inc, The Swapper, The Swindle, 10 Second Ninja, Velocity, OlliOlli, Thomas Was Alone). Not sure of anything they’ve released recently though.

Strongly agree. Now whenever I see their logo I know its going to be something quite original, with high production values and a distinct art style. If you look at their games there's a high amount of 8/10 - 9/10 scoring titles in there and they're all unique - they've set a really good bar for quality you can trust, and plenty of polish. I hail them for championing smaller studios and you can almost guarantee every year there will be something special coming out from those doors. Currently I've got my eye on 12 Minutes, that top down time loop mystery that's in development.

Also I read in a developer interview that they are great to work with, they listen to their developers and give them the time and support they need to make something good. I also want to point out that they do a good job of getting their games out on consoles when often it takes years for console ports to appear for the most popular PC indie games.

Roll on Annapurna! 

The only two games I've played of theirs are Sayonara and Outer Wilds. I absolutely loved Sayonara and still listen to the soundtrack fairly regularly and Outer Wilds is in my top 10 best games ever made. 

Good lads and ladies, basically. i'll be making an effort to check out all their other stuff as a result of this thread so cheers!

17 hours ago, Made of Ghosts said:

They are killing it lately. I've enjoyed everything I've played from them (except Florence, that was crap).

Florence really rubbed me up the wrong way on Android. I found it irritating and dull.

Oh dear. :lol:

Either way, it's 89p on the Play Store at the moment if you're not married to playing it on Switch and have an Android device. The Switch sale price is about the same as the normal price of the mobile versions.