Meanwhile, in a field in Northern Ireland ...

I only played on an R360 a couple of times because it was so expensive, seem to remember it was £2 a go at Sega World at a time when 20p a go was standard for a normal cabinet. 

Also there was always a huge queue. I remember thinking that it was more like a fairground ride than an arcade cab from the arcade operator's view. It needed a big bit of dedicated floorspace, cordoned off to stop people being near the machine when it was moving, and a full-time staff member to steward it. 

Spotted one of these in an arcade around 95 in Jersey. I'd imagine it's still out there somewhere.

Plus there was a toy shop there at the time literally rammed full of sealed Nintendo Game and Watches on sale for a tenner each.

I was amazed by that.  I've played on 4% of all the machines that were ever made.  

Weirdly I recently learned that the Super Locomotive machine I played on Morecambe promenade in the 80s was one of only 35 made worldwide.  Freaks me out a little bit.  

I just read the wikipedia entry for Super Locomotive - unreal how few they made, and that they were never shipped to EU or the US!

I remember going on a family holiday to Morecambe when I was a lad, I dare say I went into that arcade though I didn't see or play the game as I would have remembered it. I do remember going into some Aladdin's cave of an arcade when on a family holiday, where I played Robocop and Road Blasters. I think they had 4 player X-Men etc. too.

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

I just read the wikipedia entry for Super Locomotive - unreal how few they made, and that they were never shipped to EU or the US!

I remember going on a family holiday to Morecambe when I was a lad, I dare say I went into that arcade though I didn't see or play the game as I would have remembered it. I do remember going into some Aladdin's cave of an arcade when on a family holiday, where I played Robocop and Road Blasters. I think they had 4 player X-Men etc. too.

Wonder if it was widely bootlegged?  There were a number of unofficial home versions on 8 bit computers. You'd think no-one would have heard of it.