Real Life Lessons You've Learnt From Gaming

Treasure chests will helpfully glow to let you know where they are in a dark room.

Perhaps less helpfully once you have successfully infiltrated said dark room to steatlhily loot the glowing treasure chest, it will for no apparent reason play some sort of loud jungle drum beat, which anybody within 50 metres of you ought to be able to clearly hear.

9 minutes ago, Harsin said:

The Bioware Guide to Dating: If you just keep choosing to compliment and agree with opposite sex for long enough they'll eventually reward you with sex.

Such a witty reply. *Bats eyelashes*

24 minutes ago, Harsin said:

The Bioware Guide to Dating: If you just keep choosing to compliment and agree with opposite sex for long enough they'll eventually reward you with sex.

Also the Atlus Guide...

Prior to your death, it is paramount that you leave a note detailing your final thoughts whilst also smearing a message on the wall with your blood. You MUST NOT write on the wall with the pen you used to write the note. 

22 minutes ago, thesnwmn said:

The saddest part of this thread is that it turns out there was no point. There was nothing of worth to be learnt from playing games.

not sure the point of a game is learning life lessons. Maybe lessons in perseverance, patience, team work?

I learned how to play checkers with my dad on the intellivision. That is a great memory I have with him. Not a very useful life skill though I have to say. 

I am not sure crouching actually makes you less noisy when you walk but I always use what my wife describes as ‘the splinter cell walk’ when leaving the room after dropping our boy in bed. I always play the little sound in my head of putting the night vision goggles too. 

Crouching in bushes makes you invisible. 
Bird shit sticks to any surfaces you can climb.

Banana peels on the road are the most significant driving hazard.

Important safety addition: Falling in lava will set your buttocks on fire. Do be careful.

21 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

The saddest part of this thread is that it turns out there was no point. There was nothing of worth to be learnt from playing games.

I don't think that's true. I genuinely learnt so much history from the Europa Universalis series and it actually really ignited my interest in the subject. 

People in metalworking can take an object like a helmet and restore it to a brand-new state, regardless of arrows piercing through it, fire melting it, the elements corroding it or anything else that you'd think would render it irreparable.