Outriders - Square Enix co-op shooter

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

It's all over the shant this morning. Took 3 attempts to get in then kicked me at the end of a mission. Fucking pad nearly went through the TV.

We couldn't get on to play last night, so decided to go to bed at 9pm instead of playing, and set our alarms for 4am to play whilst the servers weren't as overloaded. It worked, until 6.15am when people started to wake up :lol:

I enjoyed what i managed to play last night. Played it on Xbox One X first as apparently this isn't on PC game pass, but is on Xbox Game pass.

Anyway, it looks pretty good on Xbox One X, but the game changer is 60fps. It just plays so much better in a game like this, so I will maybe buy it for PC. I am a little concerned that one of you said they were at the last boss in 6 hours, and the fact that the servers seem pretty shitty so far.

The game just seems like what Gears of War should have done with their last game.

Even when it's up, I cant say I'm enjoying this despite the style and premise. Everything is just not quite there and the constant start stop of being in control feels so old now.

Worth a go on GP but I'm glad I didn't buy this.

It's a never ending source of irritation that the dialogue in games like this is so sweary. I love swearing, but it always feels so forced in an attempt to be edgy and 'mature' and it couldn't be further from it. The story has me intrigued so it's doing something right, but the dialogue is woeful. Except Jakub, I like Jakub.

1 minute ago, Dave White said:

just downloading on pc. You reckon you'll get a taste of if its a keeper in under 2 hours?

If you can get and stay online, yeah. Use your powers A LOT. That's where the game lies, not in the gunplay.

1 minute ago, Dave White said:

just downloading on pc. You reckon you'll get a taste of if its a keeper in under 2 hours?

The prologue is an hour. I don’t know you’ll get sufficiently in in two.

42 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

If you can get and stay online, yeah. Use your powers A LOT. That's where the game lies, not in the gunplay.

42 minutes ago, footle said:

The prologue is an hour. I don’t know you’ll get sufficiently in in two.

thanks chaps, hopefully it stabilizes asap. it seems to have the destiny/ diablo loot hook right.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

It's a never ending source of irritation that the dialogue in games like this is so sweary. I love swearing, but it always feels so forced in an attempt to be edgy and 'mature' and it couldn't be further from it. The story has me intrigued so it's doing something right, but the dialogue is woeful. Except Jakub, I like Jakub.

yep, the forced swear-iness stuck out to me in the demo. A real turn-off.

22 minutes ago, Dave White said:

seems the epic store version is fucked and won't launch,  refunded and am now trying steam.

Get it on Xbox and shoot badmans together!

20 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

World tier 6 is great solo till you get to a boss. Jesus Christ.

Ye it seems the scaling is way off. You can have a good tactical battle with mobs but once on a boss. Two shotted.

1 hour ago, Kayin Amoh said:

The swearing's great, y'buncha monocle-wearing heathens. It's so ridiculously out of place and forced that it became utterly endearing to me.

It just happens too often in games like this. Used right swearing can be hilarious and impactful but when it's every other word in hideous dialogue it kind becomes blaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Nah, as I said yesterday you just need to keep your gear and build etc commensurate with your current level. I’ve just hit WT8 playing entirely solo and haven’t had to drop it down yet. (I’m an obsessive stat-tinkerer though so YMMV). 

It’s been fucking hard in places for sure but I’ve been wanting one of these games to provide a significant challenge during its campaign for ages and the world tier system they’ve implemented enables you to tailor the difficulty just the way you like it. It’s a brilliant system which is borrowed from The Division but pulled off much more elegantly in this.

I’ve found the scaling and balancing out of the gate for a looter-shooter to be superb. It must have been playtested to death and I imagine there are some monstrous spreadsheets in the People Can Fly offices. I’m sure the endgame has been broken by the no-lifers/streamers already but I’m really looking forward to sinking my teeth into it.

Just got my first legendary too after 20-odd hours and it’s a beast. 8-)

8 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Hide contents

sniper? 

Spoiler

No it’s a double gun assault rifle. I wonder whether the first legendary drop you get is entirely RNG or based on your preferred tool of choice/class/build as I’m playing as Trickster using mostly SMGs and have the bottom tree Assault Weapon perk unlocked.

It dropped from the big boss at the start of the Forest area, if that means anything to anyone.

6 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Hide contents

No it’s a double gun assault rifle. I wonder whether the first legendary drop you get is entirely RNG or based on your preferred tool of choice/class/build as I’m playing as Trickster using mostly SMGs and have the bottom tree Assault Weapon perk unlocked.

It dropped from the big boss at the start of the Forest area, if that means anything to anyone.

Spoiler

I got Rarog's Gaze which is a legendary sniper from the same boss. I guess it's RNG.

45 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Hide contents

I got Rarog's Gaze which is a legendary sniper from the same boss. I guess it's RNG.

Spoiler

Your stay points in guns effect drop rates. I got a shotgun which is what my guy was maining