Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!

Well nothing there that makes me want to buy a PS5. Which is cool... no FOMO here.... :D 

Will they have anything for E3? The video mentioned games to look forward to in '21.... Suppose they might have something else for E3 time who knows. Expectations set low. :) 

Crash looked nice.

Returnal is going to be bonkers awesome.

Deathloop has had me since the first shot was fired!

Solar Ash looks gorgeous and the movement reminded me of The Pathless which is no bad thing

Kena just looks :wub:

FFVII getting a PST boost probably means no PS+ version for a while

Too much Oddworld

Being Housemarque, Returnal should at least be something that plays well. The movement really did make me think of Vanquish, which is a very good thing. But everything being so fucking dark is kind of a turn off. I like to actually see visuals, and these cataracts aren't going away.

• gospvg changed the title to Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!
  • gospvg unpinned this topic

Sifu aside, that was fucking shite. FFVII looks worth a revisit, and Deathloop looks decent but we've already seen that. I actually think Returnal looks shit - that gameplay is giving me serious Anthem vibes, and then it strolled into PT's hallway ... er ...

Kena looks gorgeous, but 60fps or I'm out. Everything else just isn't even worth talking about. 

COVID related shortages and delays combined with relatively more powerful consoles at launch will see to it that this generation lasts a decade. Assuming things continue to improve from here, it’s going to be 2023 before the knock-on effect of the last year (and beyond) fully dissipates.

Solar Ash looked great, I'll wait for the reviews on Returnal but it looked like my sort of thing, Kameo 2 looked stunning if a little derivative and they've added more stuff to the best game of 2020. A solid showing for me, Clive. 

Tough crowd indeed. Returnal, Solar Ash, Sifu, Kena and Deathloop all look great to me and all are pretty different from each other as well. People sometimes complain that Sony makes too many cinematic games but here they showed a roguelite shooter, platformers, a martial arts game, an immersive sim shooter, an action adventure and a JRPG and, well people complain some more I guess.