Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!

19 minutes ago, Majora said:

Solar Ash looked like something you'd get if you asked an algorithm to make an artsy indie platformer. Still, it is published by Annapurna so probably worth keeping an eye on.

Its by the Hyper Light Drifter mob who somewhat helped defined the artsy indie rule book, so fair shout.

39 minutes ago, Rain Birds said:

If it’s a case of one or the other, I sort of hope it’s as you suspect; as far as first party software goes, I do prefer Microsoft’s more comprehensive approach to existing titles over Sony’s occasional frame rate unlock patch for backwards compatibility mode, so it would be a shame if that was the sum total of such a game’s update. The Last of Us 2 deserves the full works, even if it’s 2022 and a completely separate release.

Haven’t several PS4 games had pretty extensive, well received patches? God of War, Days Gone etc?

32 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Haven’t several PS4 games had pretty extensive, well received patches? God of War, Days Gone etc?

They’re very welcome, although as far as I’m aware they’ve just unlocked the frame rate. There are no other changes. 

8 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

So Ever Crisis is the game/remake everybody actually wanted. “But...”

Just looked at this... yes, yes it is, THIS is what I wanted, and now looking forward to it :D

1 hour ago, El Spatula said:

Mostly look good but nothing to get me to buy a PS4/5 yet. 

At least they showed some bloody games in comparison to Microsoft and their completely blank release schedule.

it’s ok; there’s a rumoured Microsoft video to announce their closure of the Bethesda acquisition which I expect to limbo well below both the sorry state of play and the narcolepsy direct.

7 minutes ago, footle said:

it’s ok; there’s a rumoured Microsoft video to announce their closure of the Bethesda acquisition which I expect to limbo well below both the sorry state of play and the narcolepsy direct.

They could just announce a timeline of when all the Bethesda published and developed games are coming to Game Pass and it would be better than the other two presentations.

There was nothing I'm going to buy (except maybe Kena and that Oldboy game, which will prob be multiplatform) 

I fancy Deathloop but it will be on gamepass and I can wait. 

Was hoping for a Horizon Zero Dawn 60fps upgrade. But I think Sony are holding off a bunch of things for E3 time. 

8 hours ago, Rain Birds said:

They’re very welcome, although as far as I’m aware they’ve just unlocked the frame rate. There are no other changes. 

I think they all got a resolution bump to go with it (Days Gone, God of War, Ghosts of Tsushima are all 4K/60). What have Microsoft done beyond that? 

As far as I can tell the only difference between Microsoft and Sony’s approach to BC is Microsoft advertised theirs a lot more (and obviously going back to older generations). Oh and the 60 FPS boost for games that only run at 30, but isn’t that just for the five games mentioned in the DF article? 

5 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

She always was. :P I'm having more issues with how her name is pronounced.

But now she talks which makes it so much worse.

Wish I could mute the entire cast.

1 minute ago, Radish said:

Couldn’t you just turn the dialogue audio option down to zero?

I'll try that. Or set it to German, might as well get some fun out of it.

Anything but English.

8 minutes ago, Radish said:

I think they all got a resolution bump to go with it (Days Gone, God of War, Ghosts of Tsushima are all 4K/60). What have Microsoft done beyond that? 

As far as I can tell the only difference between Microsoft and Sony’s approach to BC is Microsoft advertised theirs a lot more (and obviously going back to older generations). Oh and the 60 FPS boost for games that only run at 30, but isn’t that just for the five games mentioned in the DF article? 

They are dropping boosted games every couple of weeks. 

Sea of Thieves got a massive boost. As did Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2 and a few other exclusives. 

Microsoft are doing far more for consumers and backwards compatibility boost than Sony. Dont just dismiss them. 

Microsoft are also boosting third party games, whereas Sony are purely sticking to first parties.

Fine if a third party does the work themselves, but many just aren't going to have the time to go back and boost their old games.