Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!

19 minutes ago, Radish said:

I think they all got a resolution bump to go with it (Days Gone, God of War, Ghosts of Tsushima are all 4K/60). What have Microsoft done beyond that? 

Greatly improved texture filtering, auto-hdr, graphics driver level upscaling etc. even as far back as 360 or Xbox 1 games from other publishers.

1 hour ago, teddymeow said:

FFVIIR was £22 on ao.com and amazon last night.

Now out of stock on ao and £37 on Amazon.

Going to be crap for anyone who's bought it if the rumours of it being on ps plus next month turn out to be true....

2 hours ago, Radish said:

I think they all got a resolution bump to go with it (Days Gone, God of War, Ghosts of Tsushima are all 4K/60). What have Microsoft done beyond that? 

As far as I can tell the only difference between Microsoft and Sony’s approach to BC is Microsoft advertised theirs a lot more (and obviously going back to older generations). Oh and the 60 FPS boost for games that only run at 30, but isn’t that just for the five games mentioned in the DF article? 

No, the resolutions are untouched. The games in question had checkerboard 4K already. There are no changes to level of detail or effects and they are, in effect, still running as PS4 games - for example, menus and prompts etc show the old controller. Microsoft’s approach with several of its recent games has been to update them to native Series X/S, and upgrade beyond unlocking the frame rate. Ori 2, for instance, has higher visual settings, 4K 120fps or 6K supersampled at 60fps (output at 4K) while Gears 5 at launch went beyond what was available in the PC version at the time. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to see Sony getting back on track with backwards compatibility, but while I don’t think anyone expected them to enter the same stratosphere as Microsoft in terms of enhancements to third party games, it’s a bit of a shame that the approach to stuff their own teams have released over the last couple of years is so rudimentary by comparison.

A disappointing show in terms of new stuff but I'd be hard pressed to say that anything they showed looked bad. I wonder if they extended their deal with Square so FFVII stays a Playstation exclusive?

1 hour ago, Luseth said:

Going to be crap for anyone who's bought it if the rumours of it being on ps plus next month turn out to be true....

1 minute ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I've somehow missed what the ps+ games are for march. 

See post above, other titles to be announced