Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!

5 hours ago, df0 said:

I'm dead serious here. It's time for a (new) Ridge Racer.

Yep - at this stage I'd even go for a collection. No micro transaction bullshit, just all the Ridge/Rave/Rage games in one package for £50.

Not going to be Elden Ring though I reckon, its cross platform - and anyway Blamco would have leaked it a few days before anyway, spoiling the reveal. I'd love to be proved wrong though, I can't wait to see this.

Yeah I’m managing expectations hard. I think every single video game presentation during covid had been a let down in some way. Can’t really see this being any different. 

Mind you would be good to hear an update on JETT from the Sword and Sorcery guys. That looked really interesting. 

2 hours ago, englishbob said:

Yep - at this stage I'd even go for a collection. No micro transaction bullshit, just all the Ridge/Rave/Rage games in one package for £50.

Not going to be Elden Ring though I reckon, its cross platform - and anyway Blamco would have leaked it a few days before anyway, spoiling the reveal. I'd love to be proved wrong though, I can't wait to see this.

State of Play has shown loads of cross platform games in the past.

Definitely happening*: Deathloop trailer that makes it look great and really emphasises that the only console it's coming to this year is PS5.

*Based on nothing at all. 

2 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Imagine if Kena is the PSPlus games for PS5 in March?!

Ember Labs have also said no physical release and less than $60 too.

Can’t see that happening. I mean when it comes out there’s a high chance it’ll be the best looking game ever.

Its also going to be very short, a weekend game so maybe but 35- 40 quid I’ll be there.

I reckon The studio are going to be big in the future.

As they have delayed the PS+ announcement and assume they will be providing information via the State of Play for the next months games, I'm really hoping its something like Disco Elysium, there seems to be a lot of rumours bouncing about Final Fantasy 7 Remake could be one of the games for the next PS+

• gospvg pinned this topic

There's a rumour that a separate PS5 release of FFVIIR is happening called Ever Crisis with some additional content and a new chapter added. It'll be a separate release to the existing version so won't be backwards compatible. If it's true I don't think FFVIIR will be on Plus - they'll want people to buy and play the new version instead.

3 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

There's a rumour that a separate PS5 release of FFVIIR is happening called Ever Crisis with some additional content and a new chapter added. It'll be a separate release to the existing version so won't be backwards compatible. If it's true I don't think FFVIIR will be on Plus - they'll want people to buy and play the new version instead.

Oh FFS I hope that is just a rumour. Don't want to play the game again just for an extra chapter,

4 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Oh FFS I hope that is just a rumour. Don't want to play the game again just for an extra chapter,

This is the rumour - it's doing the rounds on Resetera at the minute.

A 4chan user posted the supposedly press release of the upgraded version of Final Fantasy VII REMAKE called Ever Crisis, this is the alleged press release statement:

FINAL FANTASY VII: EVER CRISIS is the definitive edition of the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. With additional features and stunning visual enhancements, the award-winning video game takes full advantage of the powerful new console. The new additions include

Performance Mode which targets 60fps with 1440p render resolution and 4K output or Graphics Mode at 30fps with ray tracing at 1440p render resolution and 4K output (PlayStation®5 exclusive)

Full DualSense support (PlayStation®5 exclusive)

Two brand new chapters: Chapter 8.5 "All Dressed Up" and a mysterious Chapter 19

A new boss battle, various new arena battles and a Boss Select Mode

Materia Quick Change

Photo Mode

New set of trophies

FINAL FANTASY VII: EVER CRISIS will launch globally on April 10, 2021 for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 and can be purchased for $59.99/€69.99/£59.99. Pre-order now to receive the exclusive in-game weapon "Butterfly Edge" for Cloud Strife.

If it isn't a rumour, you're not required to buy it. So don't buy it.

edit: So Ever Crisis is Final Fantasy VII International with the difference that International only launched in Japan as it was based on the US/EU version of the game, where Ever Crisis launches everywhere bringing minor additions and enhancements for which they charge you full price.

Could have been a patch surely?

Also, the mysterious chapter 19 can not be important. The story can not progress in any meaningful way to avoid leaving those who did not buy Ever Crisis in the dark.

4 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

This is the rumour - it's doing the rounds on Resetera at the minute.

That is a lot of info & Square Enix do like milking a product so I expect that to leak to be correct. @df0 True I don't have to buy it but I'm weak so probably will.

3 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Given how well Persona 5: Royal did as a separate purchase from the original, I won't be surprised if we see more of this sort of thing going forward. 

Is this the replacement then for the Game of the Year Editions, games that are continued to be worked on after release by the developer and then re-released two years later. Seems to be happening a lot with Japaneese developers.

• gospvg changed the title to Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!
  • gospvg unpinned this topic