Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!

5 minutes ago, Ry said:

What time does that start at? 

It's just finished. I can't wait for Gamepass being added next month!

Spoiler

Clue is in the title. 

• gospvg changed the title to Playstation State of Play - Ry it is Today at 10pm
  • gospvg changed the title to Playstation State of Play - @Ry it is Today at 10pm

I'd love more info on the PS5 VR solution.  one cable attached is still one cable too many but it's got to be inside out tracking by now. I think most other VR solutions are and it seems to be the way the industry is going.

1 minute ago, gospvg said:

@mdn2 we need some more leaks it's going to be a long day until 10pm just discussing what time this is on!

Only other one is Star Wars: Republic Commando has been leaked early. Apparently it's going to be in the SoP tonight. Out April 6th on PS4 and Switch. 

Is this on today?

Yes. Today.

Yesterday?

No. Today.

Oh, so it’s on today?

Yes. Today.

But you said it was on today!

Yes. Today.

Fuck, what day is it on?

Thursday.

Oh, today?

Yes. Today.

Thursday 25th February 2021

North America: 2pm PST / 3pm MST / 4pm CST / 5pm EST

UK/Ire: 10pm GMT

Europe: 11pm CET / 12am EET

Asia/Oceania: 7am JST / 6am AWST / 9am AEDT

So, next week then. 

13 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Imagine if Kena is the PSPlus games for PS5 in March?!

Ember Labs have also said no physical release and less than $60 too.

Wait, wait, how did I not know about this game? It's looks incredible!

Jesus, I'm getting that day one, and I doubt it, but if it's on PS+, then that will be the second PS5 (timed) exclusive I would have bought. 

I guess early in the release cycle of the PS5, PS+ is good value for a developer, you get paid from Sony, whilst the instal base is small, and then you can sell again to later buyers who heard about the increased discussion about it, 

Housemarque is on record (I'm fairly certain it's mentioned in their Next Machina dev doc) stating giving away a game for free really does not bring in the money. Of course, Nex Machine was given away nowhere near the release of the PS4, but something makes me think Housemarque is quite opposed to Returnal becoming part of PS+.

edit: not Nex Machine. It was about Resogun that was given away for free and barely made any money.

10 minutes ago, df0 said:

Housemarque is on record (I'm fairly certain it's mentioned in their Next Machina dev doc) stating giving away a game for free really does not bring in the money. Of course, Nex Machine was given away nowhere near the release of the PS4, but something makes me think Housemarque is quite opposed to Returnal becoming part of PS+.

edit: not Nex Machine. It was about Resogun that was given away for free and barely made any money.

Maybe they struck a bad deal?  Maybe deals weren't as good early on as they are now?    Studios on GamePass seem to say they get a decent deal out of it. 

13 minutes ago, df0 said:

That depends entirely on the deal they make tbh, and also if the game has DLC/Micro transactions.

There's stories of games going on PS+ and other similar services where development costs are basically covered from the deal so anything else from that point is profit.

• gospvg changed the title to Playstation State of Play - @Ry You missed it!
  • gospvg unpinned this topic