Marvel's Loki - 9 June

JohnC

29 minutes ago, SonOfSoAngry said:

Lots of fun Easter Eggs this week

Hide contents

Frog-Thor! Thanos-Copter! The Philadelphia Experiment!

I saw those and one main other

Spoiler

the head (or statue of) The Living Tribunal. I was hoping to see a Sentinel or something else from the Fox acquisition 

Spoiler

So after how old Loki told him how he evaded thanos killing him - do we think our Loki will do the same thus allowing him to come back at some stage or go off with sylvi while keeping the time line in  order?

Hadnt thought about that, I just wrote it off as 

Spoiler

an amusing reference to the fan theory of how loki would come back after being 'killed' by thanos back when the movie came out.

Also, I enjoyed how often they kept cutting away to croc-loki as if he had actual dialogue.

I like to imagine that if I had the subtitles on they would all read  ' ... '

This is really dragging its heels if we are down to just the last episode. 

Richard E Grant and Flowers Loki are really stealing this show!

A few nice Easter Eggs, but I would love them to show some balls to introduce a decent new character via the show. This is the best of the Marvel shows so far, but that's not really saying an awful lot. 

It's not likely going to be going anywhere decent with one left. 

You can drag and develop characters all you want but with so little time left it's going to have to be something big for people to keep talking about it or follow it into another season if we get one. 

Just look how wrong they got it with both Vision & Falcon. 

I mean, come on, seriously?, we all know what the big reveal is, don't we?

If anyone is watching and hasn't worked it out already, I'm genuinely shocked!

I mean, they could pull out something decent and worth talking about for days to come, but we've all seen how they treat endings with the previous shows.

13 minutes ago, SonOfSoAngry said:

Why do you bother watching it then?

Cause there's always that hope it's going to become decent and it fills a lunch break once a week.

Rllmuk needs to understand it's ok to watch something and not enjoy it. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Am I allowed to say that I think that the Sylvie actress is terrible, almost on the level of poor acting as the Flagsmasher leader from the Captain Falcon series? :unsure:

You didn't like Tracy Beaker?

That's fair enough, but to me I think Flowers Loki been tons better than Tom.

Hell Richard Grant was the best out of the lot imo.

I really do hope we see more of that character next episode.

Edited by Arn X Treme

2 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

You can drag and develop characters all you want but with so little time left it's going to have to be something big for people to keep talking about it or follow it into another season if we get one. 

I mean, they could pull out something decent and worth talking about for days to come, but we've all seen how they treat endings with the previous shows.

I have ideas (which if you know comic lore seems to be leaning towards it) but I'd be interested to know what you think if its obvious.

Also, of course its OK to watch stuff and not like it but I don't get spending hours and hours watching TV you're not liking and by the sounds of it you didn't get on with Wandavision or FATWS either. Your time I guess 🤷‍♂️

Honestly, I really enjoyed that. I think mainly because Richard E Grant.

Spoiler

And obviously Aligatoloki.

I think my favourite part was the music when Withnailoki was doing the big epic illusion sounded a lot like Ride of the Valkyries. Which I'm assuming was very intentional.

Kind of tired of Marvel power creep at this point though:

"Maybe we have more power than we realise". Thor got his manifest lighting, Scarlet Witch gets godlike, even bloody Black Window was killing Thanos minions... I mean come on, just give Hulk a break, he's been jobbing now for years.

How are you thinking it's going to go @Stigweard? Dude whose name sounds like a heavy metal magazine or something else?

I don't think they'll go that route as the shows don't really seem to be dropping any major bombshells (however much we want them too) rather scene setting and ever so slightly bridging the gap between movie phases so all I can really think of is Loki being behind it all, which would be a bit of a cop out and undo the character growth they've been striving for.

9 minutes ago, Scruff said:

How are you thinking it's going to go @Stigweard? Dude whose name sounds like a heavy metal magazine or something else?

Spoiler

I thought it might have been a Loki variant but with everything else its seriously pointing towards Kang.

I'm leaning more into the Kang territory now.

Yeah I don’t think this is going anywhere interesting. It feels like it’s dragged on and also at the same time like it’s not really gotten started yet. I’m not really excited about the last one, I want to know how it’s going to end but I also kind of feel like I’d just like it to be over so I can be done with it. 

It’s not bad, it’s just ok. Although I think with worse actors it would probably be bad. Overall I don’t feel like the shows have done much to dispel my feeling that I might just be a bit bored of the MCU now. 

I assume you think the person behind the bad CGI cloud is going to be:

Spoiler

Loki?

I can’t think of anyone else it could plausibly be? It’s not going to be some crazy cosmic comic book stuff. It’s not going to be some crazy character we’ve never seen in the MCU before like Kang or whoever. There’s nobody in the current MCU who I feel like it would make sense if they made them the ruler of time, except Wanda maybe, but I don’t think they’ve done the groundwork for that. 

WandaVision really made me feel like it’s not worth speculating because the answers will probably just be boring or stupid. Really disappointed.

Cause there's always that hope it's going to become decent and it fills a lunch break once a week.

Rllmuk needs to understand it's ok to watch something and not enjoy it. 

259E6385-00F3-4AE9-98AC-8ADF07B22227.jpeg

Am I right in thinking WandaVision was originally planned to be the last one before the Cinematic universe got going again? They started with the show stopper. Not the worst consequence of 2020.

What that nonsense about seeing an invisible Doctor Strange with a Predator style cloak if you squint, that loads of people have explained was just a glitch on the updated image that appears to have been done to better match with how the scenery looks for whatever they're filming there for Multiverse of Madness?

Look I'll happily eat a jumbo size serving of crow if it is Kang, but I'll be very surprised if it just to the narrative logistical hoops they,d have to jump through. If I had to guess I'd say another Loki is most likely, thematically a large part of this series has been Loki trying to figure out who he is and what he actually wants, the ultimate antagonist being a version of him that got everything he thought he wanted back in Avengers (ultimate power and control of everything) would be pretty fitting.

God of mischief and all that. If there was ever a plan, it’s out the window. They’re able to adapt.

The next real movie is almost guaranteed to feature Cap and Iron man because it just makes sense. So the Easter egg hunts hardly seem to matter.

42 minutes ago, Harsin said:

After Wandavision I'm surprised people are still doing the whole oh the real mastermind will be Kang/Mephisto/Doctor Doom/Kiteman/The Nintendo Switch Pro thing. Generally they're not going to suddenly introduce a completely unrelated character who the majority of the audience will never have heard of and try and to cram enough of their background into a the 40 odd minutes they have left, on top of tying up the whole TVA/Mobius/Sylvie/Loki plot threads that are still left. That's usually not how satisfying storytelling works. Besides, Disney are not going to expect people to have had to watch Loki to have a clue who the bad guy in Ant Man 3 is.

Yeah I think this is totally true. They’ve clearly decided that nothing too major can happen in the shows, so that there’s no chance that people who haven’t seen them will be confused. As such we’re left with stories that can’t change too much. Everything needs to line up to roughly where it was before with minor changes.

So WandaVision ends with Wanda in the same place but with a new friend or two, slightly different powers and a new costume. FATWS ends with Sam in roughly the same place but with a new friend or two and a new costume. So I’m guessing the ending of this show will end with Loki roughly the same as he was at the start, with Mobius and Sylvia out there or with him as new friends, slightly improved powers and maybe he’ll get a new costume. 

30 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

Except that wandavision has recently been “patched” (yes, really, google it) to more strongly imply what they were originally going for with the ending sting.

I googled that and it’s the most ridiculous non story I’ve ever seen. They’ve mildly changed it and it’s exactly the same as it was in terms of story and what it means for the MCU.

Ooooh, that was great! How do you make the music any better?? You add in Ride of The Valkyries!!

You could really notice the nod to Renslayer’s Marvel look with her yellow shirt in this one, I don’t know why.
And after playing through the Lego game, I think it’s totally gonna be 

Spoiler

Kang. They’re setting her up to be a villain and it’s time she got some super powers. 

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

After Wandavision I'm surprised people are still doing the whole oh the real mastermind will be Kang/Mephisto/Doctor Doom/Kiteman/The Nintendo Switch Pro thing. Generally they're not going to suddenly introduce a completely unrelated character who the majority of the audience will never have heard of and try and to cram enough of their background into a the 40 odd minutes they have left, on top of tying up the whole TVA/Mobius/Sylvie/Loki plot threads that are still left. That's usually not how satisfying storytelling works. Besides, Disney are not going to expect people to have had to watch Loki to have a clue who the bad guy in Ant Man 3 is.

Why not? This is Phase 4, and we’ve got a shit ton of characters who needs stories. I don’t see why they shouldn’t be knitted together against combined protagonists.

Loki isn’t going to be stand alone. It’s going to go into the next part.

Which is what? Is there a movie before Ms Marvel?