Marvel's Loki - 9 June

JohnC

2 hours ago, Broker said:

So WandaVision ends with Wanda in the same place but with a new friend or two, slightly different powers and a new costume. FATWS ends with Sam in roughly the same place but with a new friend or two and a new costume. So I’m guessing the ending of this show will end with Loki roughly the same as he was at the start, with Mobius and Sylvia out there or with him as new friends, slightly improved powers and maybe he’ll get a new costume. 

Tbf, we also end up with new Marvel characters as well. These are origin stories more than anything. 

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

After Wandavision I'm surprised people are still doing the whole oh the real mastermind will be Kang/Mephisto/Doctor Doom/Kiteman/The Nintendo Switch Pro thing. Generally they're not going to suddenly introduce a completely unrelated character who the majority of the audience will never have heard of and try and to cram enough of their background into a the 40 odd minutes they have left, on top of tying up the whole TVA/Mobius/Sylvie/Loki plot threads that are still left. That's usually not how satisfying storytelling works. Besides, Disney are not going to expect people to have had to watch Loki to have a clue who the bad guy in Ant Man 3 is.

No one said they had to cram the whole backstory in but remember when the BIG bad for Phase 3 was introduced with a turn and a smirk in a mid credits scene at the end of Phase 1 leaving many people (including myself) going "who the fuck is that?"

There's nothing stopping them starting something here at all to kick start things.

Most likely it's another Loki though.

3 was weak, 4 was decent - the rest have been amazing IMO. Really enjoyed this week, very fun and I look forward to seeing where this all goes!

Also: Sylvie has stole my heart. It's rare I get a crush on a fictional character so the show must be doing something right!

What I really hate about all the Marvel shit now: you can't just watch one show that sounds interesting that is doing its own little thing without people obsessing how they're all going to tie together with everything else. There's even spoilers for an unrelated show in the thread.

16 minutes ago, Benny said:

What I really hate about all the Marvel shit now: you can't just watch one show that sounds interesting that is doing its own little thing without people obsessing how they're all going to tie together with everything else. There's even spoilers for an unrelated show in the thread.

Welcome to comics.

Comics do actually do self contained stories though.

But either way, the speculation on how the story is going to "fit" into everything else is usually at the expense of enjoying, well, an actual story.

18 minutes ago, Benny said:

Comics do actually do self contained stories though.

The equivalent would of the MCU would be major events, mini series in comics, where you have several tie ins. Even in the old days DC and Marvel would pull the old editor bubble box saying this was referring to x issue for context.  I don't think you're wrong in you're assessment, but for the majority its just fun to speculate and getting rewarded for following so long.

8 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Ooooh, that was great! How do you make the music any better?? You add in Ride of The Valkyries!!

You could really notice the nod to Renslayer’s Marvel look with her yellow shirt in this one, I don’t know why.
And after playing through the Lego game, I think it’s totally gonna be 

Hide contents

Kang. They’re setting her up to be a villain and it’s time she got some super powers. 

Why not? This is Phase 4, and we’ve got a shit ton of characters who needs stories. I don’t see why they shouldn’t be knitted together against combined protagonists.

Loki isn’t going to be stand alone. It’s going to go into the next part.

Which is what? Is there a movie before Ms Marvel?

Shang Chi and Eternals are definitely before Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and Spider-Man 3 are around the same time.

7 hours ago, Stigweard said:

No one said they had to cram the whole backstory in but remember when the BIG bad for Phase 3 was introduced with a turn and a smirk in a mid credits scene at the end of Phase 1 leaving many people (including myself) going "who the fuck is that?"

He wasn’t the bad guy of that movie though. Loki was the villain of Avengers and then Thanos was a credit stinger. I think given the buildup they could introduce a cool new character or one from the comics as the big villain who’s been running the TVA, but I’m not sure they will. Thanos was revealed at the end of their biggest movie so far, I’m not sure you want to shove your next big villain into a TV show. 

They spelt it out with the shape of the black smoke monster.

Stig, called it with his earlier prediction. 

I mean I would love to see everyone's second guess become reality, but I just can't see Disney having the balls. 

2 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

I mean I would love to see everyone's second guess become reality, but I just can't see Disney having the balls. 

Problem is a TV audience is tiny in comparison to a movies so a complete waste to stick it on a streaming platform like this. Better to wait until the movies role around.

19 minutes ago, makkuwata said:

What year did you type that from?

G2021gle.

While Disney+ hasn't reported figures on the first episode of Marvel's Loki, which dropped last Wednesday, Samba TV updated its stats to reflect that the five-day viewership of the show is the best the streaming service has ever seen with 2.5 million U.S. households views.16 Jun 2021

Compared to:

How many people worldwide saw Avengers endgame?

100 million. (A rare feat indeed.) Never have so many paying attendees showed up for a first weekend. That's about 30-35 million moviegoers in North America, with likely over 100 million worldwide.

3 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

This is some cryptic shit. You know you can use spoiler tags to just say the names of the things/characters you’re talking about and then your posts will make sense? I’ve got literally no idea what you think is going to happen and I’ve read two posts from you on that exact topic.

2 hours ago, NexivRed said:

@Broker I thought Eternals was late November? 

We get “What if?” next it looks like! 

Last time I checked Eternals, Shang Chi and Spidey all had dates in the last two months of the year, whereas Ms Marvel and Hawkeye were just listed as “late 2021”.

What If is definitely next, but I don’t think it will factor into these conversations about the crazy interlinking. If it’s anything like the comics it will be the most variable in quality and the most subject to personal taste but I’m still hyped, probably more so than for anything else in production this year except Ms Marvel.

14 minutes ago, Broker said:

Last time I checked Eternals, Shang Chi and Spidey all had dates in the last two months of the year, whereas Ms Marvel and Hawkeye were just listed as “late 2021”.

What If is definitely next, but I don’t think it will factor into these conversations about the crazy interlinking. If it’s anything like the comics it will be the most variable in quality and the most subject to personal taste but I’m still hyped, probably more so than for anything else in production this year except Ms Marvel.

Shang Chi is released the first week of September. What If? starts next month and has 10 episodes, so they’ll be showing concurrently for at least part of the TV show run.

I’m not expecting What If? to tie into anything else, but I’m not a comic reader so might be wild of the mark. I suppose there could be ties to variant timelines and multiverse stuff in other movies / shows though given the whole premise.

5 hours ago, Arn X Treme said:

What did he predict?

Also how do you do spoiler tags again?

1 hour ago, FishyFish said:

Shang Chi is released the first week of September. What If? starts next month and has 10 episodes, so they’ll be showing concurrently for at least part of the TV show run.

I’m not expecting What If? to tie into anything else, but I’m not a comic reader so might be wild of the mark. I suppose there could be ties to variant timelines and multiverse stuff in other movies / shows though given the whole premise.

In the comics What If stories are 99% self contained, but they do occasionally give the worlds they took place on a numerical designation that makes them part of the multiverse, and Spider-Girl’s issue was popular enough that she got her own series.

I saw it in the smoke. It's the Emperor who is behind it all. He survived. Again. Just transferred his living essence to the MCU. Finally Disney's franchise purchases will start to make sense.

Star Wars is given the kick up the arse it so desperately needs and Marvel gets the toxic community it's so far lacked.

Interesting thing I just heard

Spoiler

The two other people we've seen the TVA bring in during this show are men with long dark hair.

Could it be that they were Lokis too? This all leads me to just think the person behind it all is another Loki and has been systamatically been taking out Lokis across time and space so he or she can become the one true Loki.

I would make sense, because really, what did any of these Lokis do? Our Loki escaped via the teseract, but he was told that The Avengers were meant to do that, which means so was he. Cap would later go back and fix that (how we don't know)

Sylvie was doing nothing, she was just playing. If there was an issue with her from the get go because she's female and not male, why did they wait till she was around 10.

Old Classic Loki said all he did was move off his planet and then they swept him up.

So I just think the TVA was set up by a Loki, to take out Lokis so they'd be the top Loki.

So who do you think the final is?

I suspect 

Spoiler

King Loki as its the only Loki we haven't seen from the trailer, and it does sound Lokish to be the superior Loki of them all.