Marvel's Loki - 9 June

JohnC

Loved the latest episode. Loki E. Grant was truly fantastic. I also love the dynamic between the characters.

As for nothing of note ever happens on the TV shows, I think introducing the Multiverse is pretty much the basis of the next round of movies, just as introducing Wanda’s final form and reality bending was Wandavision’s purpose. And Falcon & Winter Soldier for…well, I got nothing. 

Love Sylvie. Hope next episode isn’t the last we see of her.

“It’s comic books”

Spoiler

We know Vision will be back. Loki will be back. All the various roles played by a ripped Chris in that universe or the next will be back; I’ll pay to see the inevitable crossover.

That was a lot of fun, both the goofy kind and as a little adventure that’s a building block of the whole thing. Really solid weekday evening adventure show stuff. 

What did Sylvie’s plan with all the reset charges actually do? I feel like they made it seem like she’d done something big but it’s not come up again.

34 minutes ago, Broker said:

What did Sylvie’s plan with all the reset charges actually do? I feel like they made it seem like she’d done something big but it’s not come up again.

I think it created a crisis that threw the TVA off balance enough for her to break in, but the specifics weren’t explained. Probably it meant their troopers had to be dispatched everywhere and security was stretched thin.

Spoiler

It is a Loki. Of course it is. And always was going to be: it’s in the god-damn title credits ffs, and the changing music at the end of each episode.

But, knowing the shape of the story is fine. That’s half the fun.

I didn’t expect to see a chicken with a floating ball for a head in a Marvel show. Or

Spoiler

A whole betrayal of Lokis double crossing one another.

Sylvie might not be the best actress in the world but she's in a different universe to Flagsmasher girl. She literally couldn't act. The only good thing about that character was confirming the existence of the West Midlands in the MCU.

That’s been a gentle unspoken truth about this series so far. She’s not someone I recognise from other work, but she hasn’t been great.

In the shadow of giants I guess, when you’re being directly compared.

26 minutes ago, deKay said:

Why did they have Doctor Doom’s castle there at the end?

Don’t get our hopes up. All we’d need then is for him to be trying to foil Reed Richards Multiverse plans via the TVA.

Cue Galactus.

44BCBE72-1B56-4C48-84BA-711405877E7A.jpeg

8 hours ago, NickC said:

I saw it in the smoke. It's the Emperor who is behind it all. He survived. Again. Just transferred his living essence to the MCU. Finally Disney's franchise purchases will start to make sense.

IT'S ALL COMING TRUE!

patoswald.jpg.e5dfd833a328d8e80ff95a2d5005d278.jpg

That last episode was great fun. I don't like commenting on stuff until it's all complete usually but I've enjoyed this.

The finale is going to be a bit longer than usual I expect. 

1 hour ago, neoELITE said:

That last episode was great fun. I don't like commenting on stuff until it's all complete usually but I've enjoyed this.

The finale is going to be a bit longer than usual I expect. 

I think the series has been woeful, and oddly am expecting the final episode to be a similar length.

I'm starting to wonder if these shows are a bit Marmite for some reason. Some people really like them, some people really hate them.

I love the MCU movies, so I'm coming from a position of being a fan, and not that of a film critic.

I’ve definitely felt that given lockdown they went through test screenings and figured out how to release them in descending order of quality. But who knows, next week Steven Strange and Mephisto could show up and high five then wink at the camera and tell us to wait for the next one. 

On 08/07/2021 at 00:02, drmick said:

This film just re-inforced how poor the Disney+ shows have been.

The end credits sequence ties into Disney+. In March 2020 that would have got me excited, but 5 episodes into Loki and my expectation is that it/they will also be shit.

23 hours ago, drmick said:

Take any random 20-40 segment of Black Widow- it will be better than any single episode of the Disney+ series so far.

28 minutes ago, drmick said:

I think the series has been woeful, and oddly am expecting the final episode to be a similar length.

I'm starting to wonder if these shows are a bit Marmite for some reason. Some people really like them, some people really hate them.

I love the MCU movies, so I'm coming from a position of being a fan, and not that of a film critic.

Are you James Gunn?  

I get some people don't like them, I didn't get along with Wandavision at all.  I just didn't watch it after two episodes as it wasn't for me. 

I'm not a massive fan of the comics, hardly read any of them besides Thor and some Xmen stuff back in the day.  I was always a 2000AD reader.  I like most of the films but wouldn't say I was hugely invested.  I actually thought the last episode was fun - it had some funny moments and the production values for a TV show are impressive.  It's not a movie, those things tend to be one off events for fans of them, perhaps that's why.  It's likely Disney+ will be releasing further series too so you probably won't see a definitive end to these.  

Nobody can make you like something but the above comments are just harsh, knee-jerk reactions for me.  

14 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Could this be the beginning of the 

(whisper it)...

Hide contents

MCU backlash?

Spoiler

Was Marvel actually better with Perlmutter at the reigns, as opposed to Feige? *GASP*

I like it, even episode 3 had it's moments. TV at the moment is an embarrassment of riches, compared to what we had in the 80s and 90s so kinda feels redundant to gripe about things when there's a thousand other things to watch. 

Anyway really looking forward to see where they take it in the final episode, lots of theories flying about.