Modern Retro Handheld Game Players thread

NEG

I am still waiting to hear about my order from Dealsprime, PP went through fine enough, but so far have not had an order confirmation, have been on to their CS and they are looking in to it, but so far am quite annoyed, if they come back and say it has not been dispatched, I'll cancel and just get one from Amazon as it will be here within a few days :)

Got mine today, and it seems like a nice little piece of kit. I've read that the power supply you get with these is rubbish and shouldn't be used, what are you guys using instead? Was thinking of picking up a USB to power cable and using that with my USB wall charger. Also, is there a best firmware to use with these other than stock?

jonbd read back a few pages there's a link to the firmware. Stocks pretty much okay though so I wouldn't worry too much.

Good advice there, I should have listened to it! I flashed mine with a custom firmware and now the sleep button instantly powers off the unit. Looks like i'm not the only one either, as i've seen reports of this happening to other people who have bought units in the last couple of weeks, They must have revised the hardware or something and the old firmwares cause this to happen, The version of firmware that mine came with doesn't seem to be available to download anywhere (KitKat I believe) so looks like i'm stuffed for now!

Guys, guys! Why are you spending all that money when you could be spending £19 on one of these bad boys:

What a quality item!

.... okay as you were.

Wow!! Must get one :P Your vid or one you found?

Good advice there, I should have listened to it! I flashed mine with a custom firmware and now the sleep button instantly powers off the unit. Looks like i'm not the only one either, as i've seen reports of this happening to other people who have bought units in the last couple of weeks, They must have revised the hardware or something and the old firmwares cause this to happen, The version of firmware that mine came with doesn't seem to be available to download anywhere (KitKat I believe) so looks like i'm stuffed for now!

I'll be keeping mine at stock then once it "finally" arrives, after opening a PP dispute Dealsprime eventually got back to me and decided to ship the bloody thing, I wont be closing it until it arrives though.

Wow!! Must get one :P Your vid or one you found?

I'll be keeping mine at stock then once it "finally" arrives, after opening a PP dispute Dealsprime eventually got back to me and decided to ship the bloody thing, I wont be closing it until it arrives though.

multiple colours on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Video-Handheld-Console-bundle100/dp/B00EV5C3ZU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1405085432&sr=8-6&keywords=pxp2 PXP2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slimstation-Handheld-Computer-Console-Games/dp/B00FRGKO7G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405085565&sr=8-3&keywords=pxp3 PXP3

I've been looking at getting one.

Yep - this has happened to me, too. Annoying. I've downloaded a "no sleep" application to stop the rebooting when charging issue, but it's frustrating not being able to suspend a game. Will have to hope someone sorts it out soon - there are quite a few people with the same issue, it seems.

Other than that, though, it is wonderful.

Ah, just wondered as I sold a chipped PS1( no games of course) to a lady on Hot UK Deals and she said it was for her husband, who was the video uploader, was checking to see if it was you, lol :)

If I was married to the sort of woman who bought me chipped PS1s.... mmm.

Yep - this has happened to me, too. Annoying. I've downloaded a "no sleep" application to stop the rebooting when charging issue, but it's frustrating not being able to suspend a game. Will have to hope someone sorts it out soon - there are quite a few people with the same issue, it seems.

Other than that, though, it is wonderful.

Got hold of another brand new unit and dumped the firmware, flashed it to my one and the sleep problem is fixed! Only problem is the image file is 8gb so i'd need to find somewhere I could upload a file that big for anyone else having the problem!

So, I am running stock firmware, have managed to get Killer Instinct to load on Mame4Droid Reloaded, but it is unplayably slow, has anyone got it running on stock clock speed and if so, what settings?

If not , do you think flashing a new firmware and clocking it would help, or is it just not worth the hassle?