IGNORED

Spider-Man No Way Home - Xmas 2021

teddymeow

22 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Hide contents

I got the sense towards the end that they were writing Spidey out of the Avengers, but the epilogue scenes seemed to disprove that. We’ll see.

Does it mean that in any future Avengers film Peter will be sat there

Spoiler

really awkwardly with his mask on, while the rest of the team are just chilling.

I belatedly realised that there's something that unites the endings of the Spider-Man MCU trilogy:

Spoiler

Spider-Man: Homecoming:

"Oh no! Vulture and Aunt May know Spider-Man's secret identity!"

Spider-Man: Far From Home:

"Oh no! Everyone knows Spider-Man's secret identity!"

Spider-Man: No Way Home:

"Oh no! NO-ONE knows Spider-Man's secret identity!"

So much for Homecoming's mid-credits scene (the Vulture in prison, knowing who Peter is and the threat of him revealing it at any time) ever leading to anything! :sherlock:

4 hours ago, Nick R said:

I belatedly realised that there's something that unites the endings of the Spider-Man MCU trilogy:

Hide contents

So much for Homecoming's mid-credits scene (the Vulture in prison, knowing who Peter is and the threat of him revealing it at any time) ever leading to anything! :sherlock:

Spoiler

I took that scene as a respect thing, he knows he could have got revenge by revealing Spider Man’s identity but he respects him now so he doesn’t.

30 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Hide contents

I took that scene as a respect thing, he knows he could have got revenge by revealing Spider Man’s identity but he respects him now so he doesn’t.

Spoiler

Yeah. He saved his life by dragging him out of the exploding Vulture suit so felt like he owed him.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to see this again yesterday as kids have been keen to see it on the big screen for a second tie after watching it on opening night.

For a film that has been out nearly 2 months, there were about 30 people in the cinema for a Monday 4pm showing which is pretty mad.  Some clearly hadn't see it before as they were reacting to 'those' scenes.

It was the first film I'd seen 3 times at the cinema during its initial run since something like Flight of the Navigator or Transformers: The Movie.

So, impressions on a 3rd watch is.........its still amazing. Really, really enjoyed watching it again - first half is really good and that second half is something else even when you know what is coming.

No doubt its top two MCU for me with Infinity War.

I actually want to go and watch it again.

Just now, Darhkwing said:

rumours are digital download later this month/early march. Look forward to seeing it again!

Nice. I still have not seen it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2022 at 18:04, Vespa Alex said:

And the high seas by lunchtime 

It appears you got this the wrong way around. Digital release has been brought forward to the 15th, after a Blu-ray rip appeared online. 

Watched it last night. 

Spoiler

Andrew Garfield shoplifted the entire thing, IMO. 

I loved that it brought closure to two long dead Spider-Man series and it was genuinely touching, seeing those guys suit up again. 

However, it's weakest of the solo MCU Spidey movies, IMO and not something I'll be rushing to watch again. 

Just watched this. Absolutely amazing in so many levels. I went all giddy seeing the you know what. Awesome way to tie everything in. The casting was AAAA+, and it's reinvigorated the Spider-Man franchises in one go. It's crazy how much this one film did.

6 hours ago, Steve McQueef said:

Watched it last night. 

Hide contents

Andrew Garfield shoplifted the entire thing, IMO. 

I loved that it brought closure to two long dead Spider-Man series and it was genuinely touching, seeing those guys suit up again. 

However, it's weakest of the solo MCU Spidey movies, IMO and not something I'll be rushing to watch again. 

I thought it had absolutely no visual style. It was shot in a very blah manner and looked like it was for tv.

Hopefully having Raimi for Dr. Strange MoM will bring a bit of visual brio back to a Marvel film.

17 hours ago, Festoon said:

I thought it had absolutely no visual style. It was shot in a very blah manner and looked like it was for tv.

Hopefully having Raimi for Dr. Strange MoM will bring a bit of visual brio back to a Marvel film.

I rewatched Spider-Man 2 last night for the first time in over a decade. I remembered all the major plot beats and never felt a need to revisit it before, but Rami was on screen in a way few directors are. Looking forward to Dr Strange all the more now.

So, having managed to avoid definitive spoilers for Spider-Man No Way Home,  I went to the iTunes Store this morning to buy it and was presented with a big spoilerific banner graphic. Great work Apple!

Never bought a digital movie before but this isn't out on Blu-ray for weeks still and we're all really keen to see it, having missed it in the cinema. So might take the plunge this weekend.

We use Amazon Prime regularly, is there any reason not to buy it on there? Assume it's just a case of hitting Buy then you get to watch it like you would anything else.

2 hours ago, Parappa said:

Do you need to see any previous Spidermans to watch this? I fancy giving it a go (after finishing the recent games) but not seen a Spiderman film in years! 

I'd recommend starting the with first one in the new trilogy.  They're all good fun.  Going straight for this one would be weird.