Square have decided to remake FFVII, again. For mobile!

Yeah that actually looks pretty sweet. I wonder if you carry on save games between episodes and if they have cut gameplay features for mobile? I think the graphical update looks great at first glance, although it creates a crossover with the Remake graphics which is a little odd.

2 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

It looks okay, but it'll be interesting to find out what they do in terms of payment/IAP/etc.

Oh, and the first mobile game they presented was a battle royale :lol: 

If that had some original music it would look terrible. Instead it has the boss music so instantly looks amazing :omg:

11 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Well looks like all the "true fans" that cried about Remake not being faithful enough got their remake... 

I would’ve been delighted with Remake were it not for the

Spoiler

“We’re gonna, we won’t, fooled ya! We’re definitely gonna! Hey, act surprised and delighted at this second hand twist. Oh fuck it, here’s the out of context final boss.” bit. 

They should’ve stuck with Barret. It was an actual shock.

55 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Looks alright to me. Hopefully it'll come to Switch/consoles like the weird version of FFXV they did.

Seconded. I actually like this a lot. But I don't like playing on a smartphone/tablet. So yeah, Switch version please.

It’s the FFVII remake a lot of people wanted, with cute retro graphics, faithful to the original and incorporating the stories of Advent Children, Crisis Core, Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus!

As an episodic mobile game! Psych!

3 hours ago, Broker said:

It’s the FFVII remake a lot of people wanted, with cute retro graphics, faithful to the original and incorporating the stories of Advent Children, Crisis Core, Before Crisis and Dirge of Cerberus!

As an episodic mobile game! Psych!

1 hour ago, Major Britten said:

Looks great actually but is it going to be an exact remake of the original with the overworld and turn based battles or is it going to be a hugely cut back linear version and being more of a highlights compilation of the story?

I think even if it's just highlights from FF7OG there's now something for everyone. You can play OG. You can play Remake. And now this sort of halfway house. (Switch port please though!)

6 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Chaptered structure sounds like highlights from all of those games

Which might not be a bad thing. I've been playing OG because my wife is now a huge FF7 fan after playing remake and looking past the nostalgia it does feel large and directionless at times. Plus those battles every two steps. I think she'd love playing an edited highlights game done in this style.

Will I don't think anyone was really expecting this with the 'first soldier' trademark leak.

Hard pass on the battle royale because who's got time for that, but Ever Crisis does look interesting. Wonder what the length of each chapter will be like.

FFF7 og is a pretty long game, and obviously really dated, so this might be good, and we can get Crisis Core scenes again + before crisis which I'm assuming no one in the West played.

I'm also assuming this means we're never getting Crisis Core remastered right? I think it's mostly held back by some ridiculous music licencing deal.

I wonder if they said 'for mobile' here because Sony ain't shilling for the Switch. I do hope so, I'm never going to play a mobile game before I die. Looks and sounds very appealing. 

13 hours ago, Cyhwuhx said:

I would’ve been delighted with Remake were it not for the

Hide contents

“We’re gonna, we won’t, fooled ya! We’re definitely gonna! Hey, act surprised and delighted at this second hand twist. Oh fuck it, here’s the out of context final boss.” bit. 

They should’ve stuck with Barret. It was an actual shock.

I hate when people try to paint anyone who didn't like the new stuff they added as just being grognards who can't handle change, when I thought it was just shit when the the Kingdom Hearts-esque stuff at the end was rubbish storytelling taken entirely on its own merits.

If it's a remake of the first game then why is Aeris battling the first Scorpion boss? She doesn't appear until after the second major boss.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT, SQUARE, HUH!? :quote:

#notaproperremake

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

If it's a remake of the first game then why is Aeris battling the first Scorpion boss? She doesn't appear until after the second major boss.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT, SQUARE, HUH!? :quote:

#notaproperremake

It's a mobile game so I'm imagining a certain level of gacha in there. Maybe you can get multiple Aerithi and merge them to create a higher ranking Aerith, then drop her in random chapters to get 'alternative stories'.

Yeah, this is going to be far more along the lines of something like Final Fantasy Opera Omnia or Brave Exvius than what people are probably hoping for when they hear FFVII mobile remake.

16 minutes ago, Harsin said:

Yeah, this is going to be far more along the lines of something like Final Fantasy Opera Omnia or Brave Exvius than what people are probably hoping for when they hear FFVII mobile remake.

Please tell me these aren't real game names.

It's Square-Enix what do you think.

At least they're not quite as bad as some of the Kingdom Hearts games which have sub-titles that sound like they should be on a GCSE maths paper.

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

It's a mobile game so I'm imagining a certain level of gacha in there. Maybe you can get multiple Aerithi and merge them to create a higher ranking Aerith, then drop her in random chapters to get 'alternative stories'.

+1 for the correct plural of Aerith