IGNORED

Aliens Fireteam - They mostly come out online, mostly

Harsin

Really enjoyed 1-3. The last room was tense at the end with all the Warriors. :omg: And i've still not been downed. All those years playing Gears of War has clearly paid off. :eyebrows:

I tried replaying 1-1 on Casual to see if the XP drop off was significant because this game is clearly grindy as hell! It still took 20 mins because of the bottleneck 'locked door' scenarios you have to go through in order to progress.

Loving the Flamethrower. I tried the Burst Rifle because they're normally my preference over full-auto in any game, but i felt like i was reloading way too often, so i ditched it. 

I might stick some real hours in tomorrow daytime. I'm too tired to play online this evening.

36 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Really enjoyed 1-3. The last room was tense at the end with all the Warriors. :omg: And i've still not been downed. All those years playing Gears of War has clearly paid off. :eyebrows:

I tried replaying 1-1 on Casual to see if the XP drop off was significant because this game is clearly grindy as hell! It still took 20 mins because of the bottleneck 'locked door' scenarios you have to go through in order to progress.

Loving the Flamethrower. I tried the Burst Rifle because they're normally my preference over full-auto in any game, but i felt like i was reloading way too often, so i ditched it. 

I might stick some real hours in tomorrow daytime. I'm too tired to play online this evening.

I'll play tomorrow afternoon, still on 1-3 and keep failing at the final room with the warriors

2 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

Just went to play it on Xbox, and it's currently downloading a 4 gig update. That's got to be more than just a door patch, right?

Based on my last game it seems to have given an intelligence upgrade to the bots and sped up load times, which were pretty long (especially considering it was PS5)

Lovely evening with chum (And Alpha or Beta) blasting through from beginning to 3-2

Much less issues without matchmaking.

Season 1 begins on 8th with new Phalanx class - free to all. Cosmetics will be a paid pack.

13 hours ago, Strafe said:

Based on my last game it seems to have given an intelligence upgrade to the bots and sped up load times, which were pretty long (especially considering it was PS5)

I feel that it has also increased the random factor, or at the very least tweaked whatever it uses as the AI Director. I'm pretty sure it sent me through a different door than in other rounds at one point, and it definitely moved the bot I had to download the door code from.

I mean, all I've played is Priority One, so my experience is mostly limited to replays of 1-1 and 1-2, but this means I'm very familiar with them and so spot the small differences. It's also allowed me to collect a decent stack of consumables, because I've been able to complete the levels without using any. The game could possibly be a bit more generous with them, but their rarity increases their value, so I can understand that decision.

As someone who has gotten burned out on dark and gruff space marine shooters, I'm very pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying this. I'd have made it so that any successful mission got you to level 2 with that character for perk unlocks in the first instance, because it is a touch grindy, but otherwise I think they've nailed it. I'm looking forward to what else comes along, and hope it gets the longevity that, sadly, I suspect it won't get but does deserve.

27 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

Did anyone pick this up on Xbox? 

I'm replaying the first three missions currently getting mods and powering up weapons as I'm stuck on the first mission on Chapter 2 as once I cross that bridge of doom I get proper fucked by my team mates. 

I'm playing this on Xbox, happy to play some co-op later tonight. GT - DJ Mann.

It took me a couple of attempts to finish that mission using the Technician. I concentrated on keeping close to my deployable turret as it lowers the damage taken from enemies and placing the stasis grenades to slow down their advances.

The Scout Rifle is an absolute godsend for 2-2 and 2-3. The final fight of 2-3 is a right bastard despite the size of the arena which is massive, but there are enemies everywhere.

I managed the do the second part of it with 10% health not knowing there was a second medkit behind me. 🙈

Yeah, 2-3’s end battle is very tough, definitely requires complimenting player classes. I can’t imagine how insane it gets above standard difficulty. 

The flamethrower is certainly a lot of fun, especially its heavy weapon version, but with friendly fire enabled in higher difficulties I can image flambéing my team-mates in a matter of minutes. 

17 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I've been playing with bots. :lol:

2-3 was tough with human players! I played with bots a few times and they’re good for just laying down fire and taking care of themselves, but forget any strategy more involved than that. 

So whats everyones favourite class? I've been playing offline with bots so i've obviously not used Doc/Medic.

Demolisioner - seems like an easy, effective pick for mindless blasting, but i found it really one-dimensional and tiresome. After 20 mins of full-auto vibration on the controller i was fed up and ran straight into the options. I also think the DPS isn't that great, and the auto/smart tracking of the LMG thingy can make you lazy with your aiming when you switch back to your rifle. 

Tactician - I only chose this last night because i wanted to clear the weekly bounty (do it! the rewards are great - just replay 1-1 on Casual) but lo-and-behold it made me realise there's more to this game than waves of cannon fodder and mindless blasting. This class is clearly made for support, but i think its the strongest class for solo play. The fact you can place your turret, let it do its work (and take aggro) then pick it back up so you're never on cooldown is genius! Plus 3 of those slowdown/shock traps are amazing for easing the oncoming pressure. The only thing thats not great is the pistol main slot. The magnum types do good damage but the range is poor. Avoid the full auto pistols - they're weaksauce and the recoil is ridiculous. I think i need to unlock some more options.

Gunner - After struggling in 2-2 and failing 2-3 with Tact, i realised i needed a ranged weapon. I like Scout Rifles in any game, and this one does not disappoint! One shots Xenos and 1 tap headshots

Spoiler

Synthetics

. Amazing weapon! Coupled with the Shotgun for CQC, its an amazing loadout. But, i did miss my turret and shocks. The frag grenade is pants, and the rage buff is only good if you're prepared to face-tank the red dot badboy enemies. Don't get me wrong, its really satisying to do full auto-shotty (8 shots) reload and 8 more before it runs out.

So yeah.

I have all 3 at Class Rank II. 

My character is Level 6 (almost 7).

My Combat Rating is floating around 365-ish.

Shit i'm sorry! I forgot there's a spoiler eyeball button. :facepalm:

GG's to @MikeF. Got him past his roadblock and beyond. Beer was kicking in towards the end, so my aim was kinda off.

I've decided Tactician is my definitely my main which i'm gonna play exclusively and level up to max power. Love the crowd control abilities way more than DPS.

On mission 4-2 now. Need to get revived more often now as the proverbial kitchen sink is thrown at you. 

Yes this game is basically the same corridor, horde, corridor, horde then big horde with different scenery . But any Aliens fan as I am will lap this up.

3 months from now it might be hard to get a full human team but as of now it's all good fun.

PXL_20210828_222117472.jpg

23 minutes ago, Yuujiin said:

Yes this game is basically the same corridor, horde, corridor, horde then big horde with different scenery . But any Aliens fan as I am will lap this up.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. They’ve done such a good job with the design.

5 hours ago, Curtis said:

So whats everyones favourite class? I've been playing offline with bots so i've obviously not used Doc/Medic.

Demolisioner - seems like an easy, effective pick for mindless blasting, but i found it really one-dimensional and tiresome. After 20 mins of full-auto vibration on the controller i was fed up and ran straight into the options. I also think the DPS isn't that great, and the auto/smart tracking of the LMG thingy can make you lazy with your aiming when you switch back to your rifle. 

Tactician - I only chose this last night because i wanted to clear the weekly bounty (do it! the rewards are great - just replay 1-1 on Casual) but lo-and-behold it made me realise there's more to this game than waves of cannon fodder and mindless blasting. This class is clearly made for support, but i think its the strongest class for solo play. The fact you can place your turret, let it do its work (and take aggro) then pick it back up so you're never on cooldown is genius! Plus 3 of those slowdown/shock traps are amazing for easing the oncoming pressure. The only thing thats not great is the pistol main slot. The magnum types do good damage but the range is poor. Avoid the full auto pistols - they're weaksauce and the recoil is ridiculous. I think i need to unlock some more options.

Gunner - After struggling in 2-2 and failing 2-3 with Tact, i realised i needed a ranged weapon. I like Scout Rifles in any game, and this one does not disappoint! One shots Xenos and 1 tap headshots

Reveal hidden contents

Synthetics

. Amazing weapon! Coupled with the Shotgun for CQC, its an amazing loadout. But, i did miss my turret and shocks. The frag grenade is pants, and the rage buff is only good if you're prepared to face-tank the red dot badboy enemies. Don't get me wrong, its really satisying to do full auto-shotty (8 shots) reload and 8 more before it runs out.

So yeah.

I have all 3 at Class Rank II. 

My character is Level 6 (almost 7).

My Combat Rating is floating around 365-ish.

Pretty similar to you

Tactician with Magnum and Autoshotgun. I've kept basic turrent, but increased damage. The slow traps are a god send later (and you can increase radius)

Demolitionist with  Standard Rifle and a Flamethrower. I've not sure about this. The AoE pound ability is good, but if you need it you're in trouble and hard to get stacks with. Likewise missles turning into your buff means you use them on lots of enemies, even if you don't need to.

Recon - With Scout Rifle and CQ Flamethrower. This wrecks with a squad to help and the highlighting is helpful. Similar the bot is only a little ammo/healing, but over a match it adds up. Becoming my favourite I think.

Haven't really tried the gunner and the Doc frustrated me with how the healing station/recharging worked (not sure I've even got it right now)

How does armor (the bar over some big aliens) work on this? Is it just extra health.

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

How does armor (the bar over some big aliens) work on this? Is it just extra health.

I've watched a couple of build videos, and slotting perks that melt armour is definitely a good choice!  Also, Fire ammo for Xenos, Electric ammo for...

I made the mistake of joining the Discord, which is full of all the usual matchmaking complaints etc. People asking for buffs when the game is 1 week old. :facepalm:

Fair play to the developer(s): i've messaged Higgs twice on Twitter and he's replied pretty fast. My first idea was just a personal thing: a Lone Wolf mode (no bots). But today's suggestion was more universal: please let us toggle the flashlight on/off, or at least get rid off the awful lens flare spots all over the screen. Its so distracting and pointless!

9 hours ago, Hexx said:

Pretty similar to you

Tactician with Magnum and Autoshotgun. I've kept basic turrent, but increased damage. The slow traps are a god send later (and you can increase radius)

Demolitionist with  Standard Rifle and a Flamethrower. I've not sure about this. The AoE pound ability is good, but if you need it you're in trouble and hard to get stacks with. Likewise missles turning into your buff means you use them on lots of enemies, even if you don't need to.

Recon - With Scout Rifle and CQ Flamethrower. This wrecks with a squad to help and the highlighting is helpful. Similar the bot is only a little ammo/healing, but over a match it adds up. Becoming my favourite I think.

Haven't really tried the gunner and the Doc frustrated me with how the healing station/recharging worked (not sure I've even got it right now)

The doc station is dumb. Basically it has a set amount of healing it can do to those stood in its radius when deployed. 

To refill that healing, you need to pick up medkits. Each medkit you personally pick up refills the charge on the station slightly. 

Therefore, given that you can only carry one medkit at a time, what it seems you’re supposed to do is, upon finding a stash of medkits, use the one you have, pick up a new one, use it, pick up a new one etc until you’ve filled as much of the healing station charge as you can. This of course relies on your teammates not ever picking up any medkits themselves which, invariably, they will when you play with randoms. 

It's grown on me a bit, upping the difficulty to intense helped so there is some challenge and reduces the grind a bit. Dont be put off by the 500 recommendation 2 x 400 and a 155 and we did 1-1 no problem.  I've decided im going to stick out the campaign to unlock the next difficulty up.

The only downside of course is getting melted by your own teammates with the flamers.

I had a great time on it last night. My main complaints haven’t gone away, but upping the difficulty makes it more fun. I played through 1-1 and 1-2 on whatever the difficulty above normal is and found ourselves naturally covering angles, checking corners and moving out of each other’s lines of fire, all without voice or text chat (which needs to be added ASAP). 

16 hours ago, Curtis said:

Shit i'm sorry! I forgot there's a spoiler eyeball button. :facepalm:

GG's to @MikeF. Got him past his roadblock and beyond. Beer was kicking in towards the end, so my aim was kinda off.

I've decided Tactician is my definitely my main which i'm gonna play exclusively and level up to max power. Love the crowd control abilities way more than DPS.

Enjoyed last night, will hopefully be on tonight for some more fun.  If you see me chuck us an invite