Xbox Series X/S Stock Alerts ONLY

Gotters

This does seem like a very odd deal. GAME, going out of their way to sell you a console that they can’t sell you discs for. 

Maybe they have the same deal as GameStop in the US, where they get a percentage of every game you buy on the thing?

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

This does seem like a very odd deal. GAME, going out of their way to sell you a console that they can’t sell you discs for. 

Maybe they have the same deal as GameStop in the US, where they get a percentage of every game you buy on the thing?

They are taking in other consoles as PX, which they'll sell on, while reducing their overstock of XSS consoles. Unless Microsoft are doing sale or return (unlikely), GAME have some money tied up in inventory which isn't moving of its own accord. I assume the margins on reselling the old consoles is actually better than what they'd get from new too.

23 minutes ago, mushashi said:

They are taking in other consoles as PX, which they'll sell on, while reducing their overstock of XSS consoles. Unless Microsoft are doing sale or return (unlikely), GAME have some money tied up in inventory which isn't moving of its own accord. I assume the margins on reselling the old consoles is actually better than what they'd get from new too.

Probably is about pushing that margin up as much as anything.  They need to sell my old One S for over £160 to pocket more money than just selling a Series S outright.  They are then also bagging a load of disc stock to resell at the same time, since people can't use those anymore.*

* Although they didn't from me. I haven't bought disc for well over a decade.  

Fell asleep downstairs last night and woke up at 3am. For some reason had a quick look on the Game website and was able to get an All Access Series X, which is the first time I’ve ever been able to get that far so they must have some, or some coming in.

EDIT - it’s on the way. Annoyingly not at home Friday or Saturday so had to reschedule delivery for Monday. Ironically my first day back at work after 9 months of bloody furlough !

On 02/06/2021 at 07:54, Jammy said:

Fell asleep downstairs last night and woke up at 3am. For some reason had a quick look on the Game website and was able to get an All Access Series X, which is the first time I’ve ever been able to get that far so they must have some, or some coming in.

EDIT - it’s on the way. Annoyingly not at home Friday or Saturday so had to reschedule delivery for Monday. Ironically my first day back at work after 9 months of bloody furlough !

Name checks out. ;)

IT’S EFFING HERE!!! 
This is the first time, for me, that a MS console has been sexy to unpack and install. Everything feels quality and the slight upgrade to the joypad is glorious!

Had a quick co-op session in State of Decay 2 with a friend and I was amazed by how smooth it was. Sadly I was let down by the sound quality in the Turtle Beach headset I used so hopefully the Hyper X will sound better when I give that a go tomorrow.

Bought Ass Creed Valhalla on disc when I picked it up, put the disc in and was told it needed to download a 75gb update, so I guess physical games are basically redundant now.

Can’t wait to play with this over the weekend!

Anyone have any idea if Game need the box for the console when you trade in a One X for their £49 deal? I left mine at my parents place because storage and my Dad threw it out because "it was getting in the way" in the loft he never goes in.

The HotUKDeals page says you don't but their website says nothing and apparently they've shut down all their phone lines so you can't call and ask. Cheers Game!

Just out of interest, if you do buy a console on All-Access, can you pay the outstanding amount back any time you choose? It's the thing that's pissing me off somewhat as you can still order the thing on Game, but I have absolutely no interest in paying monthly. Would much rather get the thing all paid for whilst I have the cash in the bank!

34 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Just out of interest, if you do buy a console on All-Access, can you pay the outstanding amount back any time you choose? It's the thing that's pissing me off somewhat as you can still order the thing on Game, but I have absolutely no interest in paying monthly. Would much rather get the thing all paid for whilst I have the cash in the bank!

I'm pretty sure you can yeah:

There are no application fees, no annual fees, nor early repayment fees for your Klarna financing agreement for Xbox All Access. However, missing payments can have serious consequences for you.

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Anyone have any idea if Game need the box for the console when you trade in a One X for their £49 deal? I left mine at my parents place because storage and my Dad threw it out because "it was getting in the way" in the loft he never goes in.

The HotUKDeals page says you don't but their website says nothing and apparently they've shut down all their phone lines so you can't call and ask. Cheers Game!

I traded my One X in on Saturday with no box and got the £49 deal. All good.

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Try find the store Twitter page. I DMed a question to Leeds one and they got back promptly

3 hours ago, BitterToad said:

I didn't need the box. Got the full £89 offer on my S.   You do need a controller, HDMI cable and power cable.

I think I'm going to try my hand at this GAME trade in deal tomorrow. I'll check the branch actually has Series S in stock before traipsing down but, do you think this would be a problem at trade in?

I've a got one of those Xbox One Elite 1TB (box etc) jobbies but no Elite pad, just a regular pad. Do you think that'll be an issue considering the box advertises the Elite pad?

Edit: Another thing, I do intend to get an X at some point in the future and I've a good few physical games. I can't 'install' them to the current xbox so they register on my profile, then appear as playable on the Series S once signed back into my profile can I?
Or do I have to suck it up until I get the X which'll obviously play the physical disc.

On 04/06/2021 at 10:48, JoeK said:

Yeah that’s what I did, obviously a bit of a pricier way of paying for Gamepass Ultimate for two years but it was the only option I had at the time as standalone X’s weren’t available, and it’s still incredible value for money. 

• 2 weeks later...