NANANANANANANANANANANA!  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the 90s I'm sure there was an actual size* batmobile behind glass in Manchester Arndale. It was very exciting. 

*what i remember. It was very big but i was very small. 

I can't find a photo of it, just googling it.. was part of the warner bros store it seems, at the back. 

This looks so much better than i remember, like; wow it looks so glamorous and expensive 

149281721_3741141732662552_961045427236304829_o.thumb.jpg.1acfe310928697790f89729325a7bcc2.jpg

Don't think i ever went inside. One article said there was a batcave too. Someone else must have seen it too. And took a photo. And that photo just lieing somewhere in the attic waiting to be uploaded to rllmuk? 

Batman knocked them out and fished around in their top until he found the photo then they woke up confused in their apartment the next day after the bat-roofies wore off.

The 66 Batmobile. All the rest shown "at night" lighting in your pics, whilst the 60's beast still looks cool as fuck in the middle of the day in a random car park.

48 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

In the 90s I'm sure there was an actual size* batmobile behind glass in Manchester Arndale. It was very exciting. 

*what i remember. It was very big but i was very small. 

I can't find a photo of it, just googling it.. was part of the warner bros store it seems, at the back. 

This looks so much better than i remember, like; wow it looks so glamorous and expensive 

149281721_3741141732662552_961045427236304829_o.thumb.jpg.1acfe310928697790f89729325a7bcc2.jpg

Don't think i ever went inside. One article said there was a batcave too. Someone else must have seen it too. And took a photo. And that photo just lieing somewhere in the attic waiting to be uploaded to rllmuk? 

It was a life size prop of the “batmissile” from Batman Returns. 

(cant find a pic from the film- below is a model kit...)

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, RFT said:

It was a life size prop of the “batmissile” from Batman Returns. 

(cant find a pic from the film- below is a model kit...)

image.jpeg

I thought it looked better than that! You have ruined one of my most treasured childhood memories, i hope you're happy. 

1989 by far.

It’s the only other properly defined bat mobile apart from the 60s one.

The tumbler doesn’t count as it’s just a random vehicle painted black and the Snyder one is just too bland

It’s a toss up between the ‘66 and ‘89 cars for me. The ‘66 for nostalgia value, but ‘the ‘89 was cool as fuck. There was a road legal jet engine-powered ‘89 for sale a couple of years ago, but I couldn’t scrape together the $700k.

1989 - just goosebumps even watching that reveal again...

and then "shields"... :wub:

I also have vivid memories of enjoying this moment far too much in Returns... From 3:20-ish onwards, when that music climax hits and that bit happens :wub:

I've always wondered if that little interior spotlight Keaton has above his side window means he was regularly dragging woman back to the Batcave.

22 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I've always wondered if that little interior spotlight Keaton has above his side window means he was regularly dragging woman back to the Batcave.

or he realised that the knock-out gas he used on bad guys being taken to GCPD HQ was a carcinogen...

He gave that penguin with a rocket launcher a “WTF” look before the term was really coined. It’ll be interesting to see his take on the character when he returns, again.

I haven’t seen Batman Returns in a while, I forgot how how funny Keaton’s understated panicing at the prospect of being smushed into a wall is.

Batman Returns was so cool with all the Penguins' on-theme weapons and goons and rocket penguins and that fucking train full of kidnapped children. Modern superhero movies don't do that, all the baddies just have generic armies of CG mooks or monsters.

Everyime somone complains about Nolan Batman doing stupid rules lawyering to kill Liam Neeson Al Ghul, people always trot out Burton Batman in response.

See it didn't bother me in those films. They establish that this version of Batman in an unhinged lunatic with an impressive colletion of black turtlenecks who sleeps upside down. They make it clear from the off he's they type of guy who has no problem blowing up a factory full of hired goons or kersploding a clown if they fuck with him.  I have no issue with this, I don't really care how it relates to comic canon. The point is, unlike Bale, Keaton doesn't spend half the film a-bloo-blooing about how he has ONE RULE that he nver breaks (unless he can find a loophole in sub section 4, clause 13) to start with.

It's been a while. I've watched that interview where he confidently understands he's The Batman, but they need to use that clip in future trailers to remind us all and fill the kids in.

Have we reached the point in history yet where everyone realises the Nolan Batman films were just dreadful edgelord emo-Batman bollocks and that the Burton Batman films were just fun and far superior - having touches of the camp 60s batman as well as the darker gothic touch?

No? not yet? not everyone?

Ok I'll give it another 5 years :D

EDIT - I mean Michael Caine as Alfred? really? (flips a table) :D

He has studio backing. They let him build the biggest set in history for the time. They let him cast, not to shame, but they let him cast his buddy as Batman. Unforgivable. I Was roughly 3 years old when the first movie came out and loved it for years, now I’m just jaded and cranky.

1 hour ago, makkuwata said:

He has studio backing. They let him build the biggest set in history for the time. They let him cast, not to shame, but they let him cast his buddy as Batman. Unforgivable. I Was roughly 3 years old when the first movie came out and loved it for years, now I’m just jaded and cranky.

That bit I can agree with :D

@makkuwata If Michael Keaton is great in the role who cares if he is Burton's mate? I think Burton's Batmans are great, i love almost everything about them. There are numerous iconic scenes, or memorable shots, he understands visual iconography and how important that is for a comic book character in a way so many comic book films now don't understand (or care to) how necessary it is.

So when he finds ways to visualise Batman, the Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, the batcave, the bat signal etc it's near perfect, impossible to improve on it and it endures. He's not an action director so his Batman was never going to have a lot of propulsion and dynamic fight scenes, but then I don't think Nolan could shoot fight scenes well either. Burton's action has so much personality to it, it's so different to anything else we might watch now. 

If we could transport ourselves to 1993 and there's news Burton is making a third Batman film...yeah that excites me more than a lot of film news i could ever read I've got to say. 

I'm not going along with this tired thinking that just because a filmmaker descends into irrelevance it means everything they did at their peak wasn't as good as we thought it was. They stop caring, the industry moves away from their strengths (practical effects), and they no longer have anything to prove.

There are people about a decade younger who genuinely rate the Star Wars prequels. I get it. Love what you love and live and let live.

One day in a few years those kids are going to wake up bolt upright in a cold sweat and “wait a minute...”