The magnificent trufflepigs

noob

Looks interesting! Loved Everybody's Gone To The Rapture and this very much has a similar feel to it!

Added to my Steam wishlist. Looking forward to trying it out at some point this year.

So it's basically The Detectorists: The Game, made by (some of) the people who made Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, starring Rory from Doctor Who, with music curated by @noob?

Hook it up to my veins!

57 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

That's interesting @noob, congrats! You'll be onstage at GMC next time! What does a consultant do in this setting?

I had to read the script, understand the characters, curate playlists, tweak the playlists, and suggest possible composers for it. 

Was quite a bit of work tbh... 

45 minutes ago, skondo said:

Be interesting to hear. As an aside, the Rapture soundtrack by Jessica Curry is one of my favourite video game soundtracks. Just beautiful.

Me too. I was lucky enough to be given the soundtrack about a month before it was released. Jess is a real good friend of mine. Dr

She sent me the soundtrack of so let us melt about 6 weeks before release too. I didn't know until after, but I was the first person to hear it other than her. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/03/2021 at 18:49, noob said:

Here is the game I worked on as a music consultant

What does this involve? 

Game looks good though I have to say I’m very disappointed it’s not about cute little truffle pigs. 

3 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

What does this involve? 

Game looks good though I have to say I’m very disappointed it’s not about cute little truffle pigs. 

I read somewhere that a consultant has to read the script, understand the characters, curate playlists, tweak the playlists, and suggest possible composers for it.

(I'm actually glad it has nothing to do with trufflepigs, I loved EGTTR and thought they had pivoted into cutesy platformers or somesuch.)

No release dates for this yet other than "Early Summer". Think I'm going to actually pick this up in winter as it looks like a feel good game to play in the dark winter months. 

Might get an Xbox release as well by then. 

• 2 weeks later...

So here you go...

Kevin Penkin has finally been announced as the composer! 

Kevin is a dear friend, and unbelievably talented. 

I can't quite believe he's part of the trufflepigs family now. But there we are!