IGNORED

The magnificent trufflepigs

noob

Just finished it, it's short (as it says up front) but lovely and relaxing.
Enjoyed the conversations immensely and the atmosphere was bang on.
Money well spent, play with a sandwich, Jaffa Cakes and a flask on hand to enrich that experience :)

Bought it! How can I resist? Absolutely loved Everyone's Gone To The Rapture! :)

Probably end up playing before winter too...  at that point I'll be deep into studying for my masters anyway....

I just wanted to say that this is an exceptionally lovely game, and that people should pick it up. I thought that Rapture was okay, but the atmosphere in this one is pretty much a cut above that.

Double plus good. Obviously short, but sensibly priced for what it is.

26 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I just wanted to say that this is an exceptionally lovely game, and that people should pick it up. I thought that Rapture was okay, but the atmosphere in this one is pretty much a cut above that.

Double plus good. Obviously short, but sensibly priced for what it is.

Very much looking forward to trying this!

How does it run? What setup are you running it on? (or you playing on Switch?). Actually scrub that if it works on a Switch it'll be fine on my PC! :D 

Just now, MattyP said:

Very much looking forward to trying this!

How does it run? What setup are you running it on? (or you playing on Switch?). Actually scrub that if it works on a Switch it'll be fine on my PC! :D 

Switch version isn't out till later in the month I think

Just now, moosegrinder said:

Switch version isn't out till later in the month I think

Ah OK!

However I guess it won't be that demanding though on the PC.

As well as being a lovely game (and making me hanker after my 20's again...), I discovered that the 01632 area code is set aside by ofcom for entirely fictional use! 

20 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

That graphic card minimum requirement has surprised me.

I wouldn't be surprised if they picked at as a minimum to support, but it works on less. They're only small and won't want to be testing every card ever. 

I don't really fancy spending a tenner to test this theory on my crappy 770 though. I'll wait for switch version.

Magnificent indeed! This is lovely. Something quite captivating wandering around a field with a metal detector in a wonderfully rendered sunny English countryside being told a story and interacting with the world. Birds singing and other ambient sounds. Nice to hear the familiarity of British accents too after seemingly hearing American ones for years. Awesome stuff.

Such a refreshing change from shooting things! It's 10% off on Steam at the moment too. 

Also it runs fine on my GTX 980Ti. Not sure why the spec requirements are so high while it looks great it doesn't look like it will stress out a moderate GPU that much.

Surprised this is locked to a PC & Switch and hasn't had a Xbox/PS release. Guess its probably a small budget and limited number of peeps in the dev team. It deserves a wider release. Surprised after Rapture Sony didn't snap this up.

On 05/06/2021 at 04:44, MattyP said:

Surprised after Rapture Sony didn't snap this up.

I suspect that’s why. Despite how good it was, and how everyone raved about it, I don’t think it reached a lot of people especially those outside the UK.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So in exciting news... The magnificent trufflepigs launches on Switch next week!

Thursday 26th you can have it in your hands...

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did working on it. 

• 3 weeks later...