Title Sequences You Never Skip

11 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Has it? Weird. Sapphire and Steel's wonderfully oblique intro.

Guest starring David Collings, who also played the terrifying Charn in the aforementioned Through the Dragon's Eye!

On 13/03/2021 at 14:03, Capwn said:

Any intro that is more than 20 seconds is just self indulgent pointless twaddle. This is by far the best ever TV title sequence 

I see your Breaking Bad and I raise you...

Spoiler

On 13/03/2021 at 13:20, Benny said:

Dare you to like and share

Reveal hidden contents

You can't skip the Daredevil intro, otherwise how would you sing along to the lyrics: "Jam, Jam, Jam-jam-jam!"

The main ones that spring to mind that haven't been mentioned:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I feel like we should do another topic of opening titles that are great but that you always skip:

They (didn't) have a plan

Spoiler

Ended up having to skip the otherwise great intro every episode just so didn't literally spoil it for yourself.

1 hour ago, sandman said:

2 from my youth that I never skip even though I have dvds of them

Thunderbirds.

Star Fleet

I was going to say pretty much all the Gerry Anderson/C21 intros - Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90, UFO.

This topic should be in the 'Stories of that era' thread in OT; because when we watched this stuff we couldn't skip the intros! Amazon even has a 'skip recap' option for some of its shows - now that is wizardry to a kid who grew up on three channels in black and white...

4 hours ago, LaveDisco said:

Am I on ignore? That's even the same link! - Brilliant taste though. Just so good!

I read the first page and when I saw no one had posted rushed to get it posted without checking the other pages. To be fair, it’s so good it deserves to be linked twice. Such a great show. 

8 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

I read the first page and when I saw no one had posted rushed to get it posted without checking the other pages. To be fair, it’s so good it deserves to be linked twice. Such a great show. 

Ha - to be fair, I did exactly the same.

If it was shown on HBO, it would be massive. People would be raving about it. How smart it was to be a prequel to treasure island, whilst tackling race, prejudice and wealth.  And it ends brilliantly - unlike some shows....