Genesis Noir. Stop the Big Bang.

Out on gamepass now and I believe for sale tomorrow. You are time. Your friend Miss Mass gets killed by Golden Boy causing the big bang. You have to travel through time and space to figure out how to stop it. A very, very weird game full of Jazz

http://www.genesisnoirgame.com/

I'm only a little way in on XBox but it's really good. Headphones recommended. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5078578

I'm a couple of hours into this and I love it. I'm playing on XBox via Gamepass but plan to buy the OST on Steam tomorrow when the game officially goes on sale. It's basically an experience with some very light puzzling.

Top tip. If you're struggling in SEEDING drag and drop the seeds rather than click. It doesn't explain that bit.

I don't know if I'm enjoying this or not. 

I don't know if it's clever or not. 

it looks and sounds great whatever the fuck it's doing. 

(although, fuck the mechanic that involves rotating a stick, that's the only thing I'm 100% sure on)

25 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

I don't know if I'm enjoying this or not. 

I don't know if it's clever or not. 

it looks and sounds great whatever the fuck it's doing. 

(although, fuck the mechanic that involves rotating a stick, that's the only thing I'm 100% sure on)

Growing the plant? Yup. That was awful and went on 8 times longer than it needed to.

On 25/03/2021 at 20:57, Flub said:

Top tip. If you're struggling in SEEDING drag and drop the seeds rather than click. It doesn't explain that bit.

Thanks for this. Thought the game was broken!

5 minutes ago, Majora said:

This feels a bit unsatisfying to play with a controller. Imagine it would be much better with touch controls.

I imagine most people here are playing on console, but if you're on PC, M&K is definitely the way to go.

Well. Hmm. I don't know if I'm enjoying this, but it's definitely an experience. A very pretty - and bizarre - experience. And yet I'm still playing, so it must be doing something right. 

This has been buggy as fuck for me. Had three occasions where something g hasn’t triggered and I’ve had to quit and restart, which is a pain as the only checkpoints are the very start of each section..

Okay, so this seems completely broken on switch. The constellations puzzle will not complete. Cannot connect what should and cannot remove connections at all.

For a short game this broken that's really soured it for me. Shame, love to see someone try something different.

Yeah to a point yesterday where my character just seemingly got stuck and couldn’t move. Nothing I could do but quit out. As with others I think it’s a interesting idea but it’s not very much fun to actually play.

Well not to jinx it but I'm playing through a chapter a day and on the 5th one now and not encountered a single issue so far. 

I quite like how different it is and appreciate the way it's telling it's story. 

I wondered around planting seeds for ages unable to progress. I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong. I Googled and found out that you can drag seeds to a specific spot as opposed to letting the game place them for you once you have selected the seed you wish to plant, which is how it had been working for me. 

I was pretty bored of the game by this point,  it turns out I knew what to do but because the game let me progress up to a point without explaining the interface I felt like I was missing something,  there was a pattern or puzzle to spot that I couldn't find. 

Anyway, finally able to progress, I played on, I wasn't enjoying it by this point and wanted to get to the end of the section and turn it off. Then something glitched with planting a seed and I couldn't plant it or cancel out of holding the seed. 

I really liked the aesthetic* but didn't actually have much fun with the game. 

*actually I didn't like it, but I liked they were doing something different to other games.

I hate this thing. I don't want to call it a game. It just had me fetching stuff around a map, and one of them was off hidden in the void where all the game up to this point said I couldn't go. Then I had to mash a bunch of objects that didn't really do anything when clicking. I think. Then keep having to press A to get through a boring cutscene. 

But that's today's achievement done for my MS rewards :/ 

This must be one of the buggiest console games I've ever played. Just a series of softlocks and and control issues.

It was clearly made with touch controls in mind, but if they didn't want to check it actually plays properly with a pad they shouldn't have put it on the fucking Xbox. 

I was really looking forward to this, but have bounced off it pretty quick. Looks and sounds lovely, but it's just not any fun to actually play.

My character got stuck on the scenery on the first screen of the seeding chapter, so I quit out and selected the chapter to start it again. Once I finished the chapter I found out that playing from the chapter selection screen doesn't unlock the next part, so I lost all my progress. I probably would have persevered to see if it got any better, but I have no appetite at all to go through that empty experience again, so I guess I'm done.