Assetto Corsa Competizione | 90 mins mixed class endurance @ Zolder | Thursday 22nd April

davejm

Who's up for some mixed class endurance racing at Zolder?  This event will be open to folk outside of rllmuk (I've posted in a couple of places now).  Check out the info in this thread then use the sign up form to register (link below).  We'll ask you to specify whether you plan to race GT3 or GT4.  Whilst this isn't locked in, choose your favoured class on the form so we can get an idea of numbers in each.

A practice server will be made available in the week leading up to the race.  Registrants will be notified via email (and in here) of any specific requirements, server details and timings etc.

Race and Server Information

image.png.770b872bfa106c104380ba47b724c280.png

Qualifying

Qualifying will run for 30 minutes with the GT4s heading out for the first 15 minutes following by the GT3s.  GT4 cars will be asked to complete their lap and escape to the pits once the timer ticks down to 16 minutes left; and the GT3s will begin qualifying during the final 15 minutes of the session.  GT4s must not be on a lap during the final 15 minutes.

Rules

This is a relaxed event with no stewarding.  Please respect other drivers, give each other space and have fun! 

We ask that some basic fundamentals are followed:-

• Please don't race during the qualifying session.  It's your responsibility to find space on track to begin your hotlap, but if you're in a train of cars just fall back and give yourself some space to the car in front rather than charging through the field to get to the front.  Although if you do invalidate your lap and there are cars closely behind, allow them to pass.
  • It's the responsibility of the GT3 cars to overtake GT4s safely.  It is not a requirement for the GT4s to dive out of the way erratically for an approaching car.   Unless a GT3 is alongside and clearly making a move for a corner, it's reasonable for a GT4 to hold the line.  The GT3 can overtake when they have the space to do so safely and cleanly.

Use the following form to register

https://forms.gle/xyQvQsftEKvkfMTr7

Server Information

The server is now live, with a looping practice session until race day.  Details are below:

• Server name:  rllmuk PowerQ Mixed Class Endurance
  • Password: zolder

NOTE:-  You must have registered and me added your details to the entry list before access to the server will work

Do we have to use our real names for this, or can we just go with forum names?  (on the form can I just stick Valver in the first name and leave it at that?)

edit:  Signed up using my own name, but kept VVR as my short name for the car.  

1 hour ago, Valver said:

Do we have to use our real names for this, or can we just go with forum names?  (on the form can I just stick Valver in the first name and leave it at that?)

edit:  Signed up using my own name, but kept VVR as my short name for the car.  

Can use any name.

I've not decided which class yet.  Might leave until closer to the time before choosing :)

I am keen, but will struggle to make qualifying and would hate to use a place up and then drop out. Will see nearer the time if I can swing a 'night off' or not!

4 minutes ago, milko said:

I am keen, but will struggle to make qualifying and would hate to use a place up and then drop out. Will see nearer the time if I can swing a 'night off' or not!

It's a 40 slot server so should be fine :) 

3 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

Has there been any interest from folk outside the forum? 

5 registrations from the PowerQ Discord so far.  I'm going to extend this to a couple of other Discord groups too depending on uptake of the slots here and there.