Alan Wake 2 - Tramp Gamer Status TBA

Harsin

I'm very glad that this is happening. I'm still quite surprised that Phil Spencer didn't get it signed up. I hope they do another premium special edition so I can place it on my shelf, never to be actually paid attention to. 

Did anyone read the book that came with the Ltd Edition of Alan Wake?

1 minute ago, Wahwah* said:

I'm very glad that this is happening. I'm still quite surprised that Phil Spencer didn't get it signed up. I hope they do another premium special edition so I can place it on my shelf, never to be actually paid attention to. 

Did anyone read the book that came with the Ltd Edition of Alan Wake?

Yeah, it feels like Xbox and Remedy fit well together and it's weird that Microsoft isn't all over AW2. But remember, Mattrick era Microsoft rejected Remedy's pitch for Alan Wake 2. Instead they went with Quantum Break provided there was a big emphasis on the multimedia crossover shenanigans with the live action bits - remember, this is the TV TV TV period. QB wasn't well received and Remedy subsequently went with Sony for the Control co-marketing deal. Don't know why exactly but it certainly feels like the relationship between MS and Remedy ain't what it used to be. AW2 feels like a natural fit to be a BIG DEAL(tm) on Xbox Series and yet they went with Epic. Probably more to this story.

But as long as AW2 gets made I'm happy!

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yeah, it feels like Xbox and Remedy fit well together and it's weird that Microsoft isn't all over AW2. But remember, Mattrick era Microsoft rejected Remedy's pitch for Alan Wake 2. Instead they went with Quantum Break provided there was a big emphasis on the multimedia crossover shenanigans with the live action bits - remember, this is the TV TV TV period. QB wasn't well received and Remedy subsequently went with Sony for the Control co-marketing deal. Don't know why exactly but it certainly feels like the relationship between MS and Remedy ain't what it used to be. AW2 feels like a natural fit to be a BIG DEAL(tm) on Xbox Series and yet they went with Epic. Probably more to this story.

I said at the time that Alan Wake 2 could've been Microsoft's Uncharted 2 moment but this was the period when they were all about kinect and that waggle money.  A shame 

6 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

I said at the time that Alan Wake 2 could've been Microsoft's Uncharted 2 moment but this was the period when they were all about kinect and that waggle money.  A shame 

I don't know whether it could have ever had the same mass appeal as an Uncharted, but I sure as hell would have preferred their Alan Wake 2 pitch being developed instead of what ended up being Remedy's biggest disappointment so far with QB. Even QB was itself hindered by the TV TV TV mentality, with the low budget sets dictating and limiting what could be done in terms of level design and looks. Thanks, Mattrick.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yeah, of all the sins that Mattrick committed, that might be the worst. Could have been worse, I suppose. He could have pushed for Alan Wake 2 for Kinect. 

I don't think Remedy "went with" Sony, so much as Sony were prepared to pay to market Control when either Microsoft weren't OR they were prepared to spend more, I wouldn't read much into it. Microsoft are doing something with Remedy with Crossfire, aren't they? https://www.remedygames.com/games/crossfirehd/ That's Xbox exclusive, as far as I know.

If they do go with Sony again, I hope there's no exclusive content.

3 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

I kinda meant by jump in visuals and gameplay quality of u1 - u2 as opposed to mass market appeal, but I agree with your post anyway 

Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, with that I agree but not entirely - the vanilla Bone wasn't exactly a powerhouse... It would have been a graintastic 900p-travaganza. HOWEVER Alan Wake 2 on current console powerhouse tech now THAT sounds delicious!!!

3 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

HOWEVER Alan Wake 2 on current console powerhouse tech now THAT sounds delicious!!!

Will it be, though? If Epic are funding it won't it be Epic-store exclusive?

Alan Wake. That’s a game I’ve not thought about in a long time.
That’s the one where a guy who wears 3 jackets at the same time is chased through the woods by ghost farmers isn’t it?

8 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

Alan Wake. That’s a game I’ve not thought about in a long time.
That’s the one where a guy who wears 3 jackets at the same time is chased through the woods by ghost farmers isn’t it?

Out!

That jacket thing was stupid though. Especially with the elbow pads. 

I started a second play-through earlier in the year - it’s still great! The ‘pop’ when you blow away the enemies is super satisfying. 

I’m confused though - the link in the the OP is to another forum. Is this for reals? 

The rumor is from Jeff Grubb who has a pretty good, though not flawless, track record when it comes to insider info, particularly from Microsoft 

2 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Will it be, though? If Epic are funding it won't it be Epic-store exclusive?

There's no way Epic would make this be PC only and only available on the Epic Store, it'd never make its budget back. It'll be Epic Store exclusive on PC plus consoles

1 hour ago, Moz said:

Hope so. I’m baffled that MS haven’t bought Remedy yet. 

Well, or at least that with its current policy they didn't put down the money to get AW2 made. A cult favorite that's heavily associated with Xbox and people have been clamouring for a sequel ever since. It would be a very obvious pr move. But whatever, the most important thing is that itshappening.gif.