Knives Out 2 and 3 going ahead

Good stuff, I really enjoyed the first one. That's quite a pretty penny to pay for them though, how much did the first film make at the box office? 

1 minute ago, DeciderVT said:

Always ready for more of Benoit Blanc.

$40m, according to that article in the OP.

Really? Hmm, Netflix overpaying a bit then, imo.

We can all wipe our arses with money can't we? How many notes do you need? 

I really liked Knives Out and am genuinely looking forward to more mysteries. I was suspicious at first that Johnson dared to steal the title of a great Radiohead song but he did well, he didn't ruin the song by association. 

3 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

We can all wipe our arses with money can't we? How many notes do you need? 

I really liked Knives Out and am genuinely looking forward to more mysteries. I was suspicious at first that Johnson dared to steal the title of a great Radiohead song but he did well, he didn't ruin the song by association. 

Knives Out 2: Fitter Happier

16 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

We can all wipe our arses with money can't we?

Not now the notes are plastic. Still more effective than those sheets you used to get at school though.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, SeanR said:

Even Spectre? Exception that proves the rule, really.

Even there the rule holds: he was one of the best things in SPECTRE, so the film was better with him than it would have been without him!

10 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I've heard that Daniel Craig plays 2 characters, the other being an evil twin brother type character. Normally that's a bad sign but I think that idea fits this series very well.

That was just a joke. That they were going to introduce his other weirdly accented character from Soderberg's Logan Lucky as Benoit's brother. 

With a 3rd Knives Out introducing yet another Southern Daniel Craig triplet.

13 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I've heard that Daniel Craig plays 2 characters, the other being an evil twin brother type character. Normally that's a bad sign but I think that idea fits this series very well.

Oh come on, it worked in Nativity 2.

8 minutes ago, Glasgowchivas said:

That was just a joke. That they were going to introduce his other weirdly accented character from Soderberg's Logan Lucky as Benoit's brother. 

With a 3rd Knives Out introducing yet another Southern Daniel Craig triplet.

Oh really? I must have just read a headline and got excited :lol:

47 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Such a shame as Knives Out was a lovely example of a proper old fashioned stand-alone film, in an era of endless franchise movies.  It did so well it's had to become another bloody franchise.

I dunno - surely a detective setup like this lends itself to multiple instalments? It's not like they're taking something manifestly unsuitable for a sequel where they have to set up any number of narrative contrivances to justify a sequel. Benoit Blanc investigating a new case feels like a natural progression.

Sure the setup can handle it, but Beniot Blanc investigating a new case is an entirely different proposition to something brand new with all the surprises that brings.  That balance seems to be weighted a bit too heavily in favour of films that are more of the same with familiar characters, so it was nice to get a big, successful film that was back to what I think films do best - stand alone stories.  I'd much rather have another new idea from the creators of Knives Out.