IGNORED

Strictly Limited Games / Limited Run Games

CovisGod

Are Limited Run simply printing up more copies?

Also, I had a look at their website and a lot of their published games have received English language physical releases in at least one country/'region, so I don't really see what's so special?

They're usually the first physical releases of those games on the West but once Limited Run is done, the developer is free to pursue other publishing deals. Occasionally there's an overlap, like the SoR4 debacle.

My guess is that the copies in this sale are ones they've held in reserve for customer service issues, etc.

I didn't think any of this was a 're-release' more a warehouse clearance. Stuff that's just been left over whenever the games actually been shipped to customers and orders have either been cancelled or un-allocated.

I did get a heads up on the first drops but nothing tickled my pickle.

12 hours ago, marsh said:

I didn't think any of this was a 're-release' more a warehouse clearance. Stuff that's just been left over whenever the games actually been shipped to customers and orders have either been cancelled or un-allocated.

I did get a heads up on the first drops but nothing tickled my pickle.

it’s this, they moved warehouses and re-listed copies they had lying around

• 4 weeks later...

Disappointed with Strictly Limited’s Space Moth and Star hunter release.  No select screen, once you pop the game in separate tiles for each appear on the home menu. Very lazy, might as well have bought the digital downloads. And both games needed an update, I thought the point of these releases was that the updates were already on the cart. 

On 27/01/2022 at 23:17, Oh Danny Boy said:

Disappointed with Strictly Limited’s Space Moth and Star hunter release.  No select screen, once you pop the game in separate tiles for each appear on the home menu. Very lazy, might as well have bought the digital downloads. And both games needed an update, I thought the point of these releases was that the updates were already on the cart. 

Yeah, it’s pretty poor. The Darius collection does it as well and there are some asian psikyo packs that just pop up six separate tiles.

Had Horace turn up today. Not a fan of Super Rare Games sticking to the limited stock but it’s fantastic getting your games days after ordering it.

4 hours ago, strider said:

Yeah, it’s pretty poor. The Darius collection does it as well and there are some asian psikyo packs that just pop up six separate tiles.

Had Horace turn up today. Not a fan of Super Rare Games sticking to the limited stock but it’s fantastic getting your games days after ordering it.

I am, it means they are an actual limited edition, and there is value in that.

I've bought it for the shelf, it will stay seald, and there only being 4,000 out there means it will hold it's value, especially as it is a fucking awesome game, any one who just wants to play the game can buy it digitally for relative peanuts, think I paid less than £2 for it in a sale and it was worth buying again on cart just to throw more money at the dev's.

On 27/01/2022 at 23:17, Oh Danny Boy said:

Which console did you get this for? Still waiting for my PS4 version to arrive.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm another fan of physical releases - completely autistic but I love the boxes, the art - having an actual cart. Limited Run Games can do one though. Generally, if you're after a physical release of anything half decent* you're better off looking elsewhere - so much of their catalogue is released elsewhere. At best they seem to simply package something available elsewhere and charge a premium for it.

The only one I've picked up was in spite of being LRG - and that was Timespinner which I got from ebay - and clearly someone not a collector/scalper. Its a bit frustrating when they're the only option but I'd rather avoid them. They don't seem too great on QA, packaging (lots of reports of stuff arriving damaged unless you pay them more to pack it properly), very dodgy practices including ebay shilling their own stuff after its "sold out" to inflate prices etc. Customer service is non existent and lead times can be insane. They've also been selling some limited edition "code in a box" items (!) as well as games which are broken/unplayable without downloads.

There's plenty of information on youtube about all of this.

The "preserving games" nonsense is shot down by the sheer amount of tat including awful mobile style games - including their own. They're very good at selling games which you wouldn't pay 99p for on the e-shop for £50 as a "limited edition".

TLDR - buyer beware :)

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I'm another fan of physical releases - completely autistic but I love the boxes, the art - having an actual cart. Limited Run Games can do one though. Generally, if you're after a physical release of anything half decent* you're better off looking elsewhere - so much of their catalogue is released elsewhere. At best they seem to simply package something available elsewhere and charge a premium for it.

The only one I've picked up was in spite of being LRG - and that was Timespinner which I got from ebay - and clearly someone not a collector/scalper. Its a bit frustrating when they're the only option but I'd rather avoid them. They don't seem too great on QA, packaging (lots of reports of stuff arriving damaged unless you pay them more to pack it properly), very dodgy practices including ebay shilling their own stuff after its "sold out" to inflate prices etc. Customer service is non existent and lead times can be insane. They've also been selling some limited edition "code in a box" items (!) as well as games which are broken/unplayable without downloads.

The "preserving games" nonsense is shot down by the sheer amount of tat including awful mobile style games - including their own. They're very good at selling games which you wouldn't pay 99p for on the e-shop for £50 as a "limited edition".

“Completely autistic”?

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I’m convinced they either hold back or print up some more. 

2 hours ago, Rex Grossman said:

“Completely autistic”?

OK maybe not completely. Just very high on the scale (which I am). You only need to look at my meticulous arrangement of my collection and my ability to barely cope with social situations. :ph34r:

Ironically the way they number each release and push the idea of a complete set seems to be targeted at people like me.

2 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

I’m convinced they either hold back or print up some more. 

Given Shantae 3 - the PIrates Curse for Switch is going for over £300 I wouldn't put it past them

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Not very ecologically sound.

Sounds like the whole NFT mass-scam marking model, basically artificial scarcity.

Would the 'incomplete' version be worth far more than the replacement if you just didn't destroy it? Like vinyl albums that have incorrect labels etc. 

2 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Not very ecologically sound.

Sounds like the whole NFT mass-scam marking model, basically artificial scarcity.

Their own instructions don't make any sense. How are you supposed to take a photo of damaged Switch cart contacts and the label in the same picture? Mirrors?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone bought Radirgy/Game Paradise/ train simulator from Ready to dispatch/City connection? Their Twitter has now taken off all replies simply staying that the games are ready to be shipped. Except that was two months ago.

They’ve never got back to me the numerous times I tried contacting them about a change of address so I’ve put it down to the wankers having £50 off me as these games will never materialise. 

There aren’t that many limited run-esque releases that fit the criteria of being worthy of preservation imho. They all release any old crap knowing the collectors will bite.  I learnt my lesson when buying for the Vita and picked up Saturday Morning RPG which was horrendous. I think they made it to beyond 200 titles for the vita in the end.

They've also started rereleasing titles with some minor improvements for new formats and sticking a couple of roms on a disc, calling it a collection and charging you $35. 

My annoyance is that the production is always delayed like 6months later than stipulated and during that time they bombard you with dozens of new limited runs whilst their still a long way off fulfilling their past ones. Eventually when the bottom falls out of the thing there’s going to be a lot of unfulfilled runs. 

It started as a way to preserve modern classics that would have otherwise not got a physical release and you could usually be confident on their quality of a game that gets the treatment. Now the popularity of it means that there’s a scramble to release any old crap to sell to collectors.

I’d hold back buying anything on limited release as publishers in Europe such as ININ have been giving a lot of these games general retail releases. 

1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Anyone bought Radirgy/Game Paradise/ train simulator from Ready to dispatch/City connection?

not those specifically but yeah theyre super slow, think i got psyvariar from them and it was delayed for what seemed like a year? Or something, with minimal updates from them. Still waiting on a cat and crimzon clover from first press.

and yeah i think inin are doing the ray force collection but im not sure theyre including all the same games as the limited version, i found it a bit confusing, so ended up ordering the limited one anyway :(