Clap Hanz Golf / Easy Come Easy Golf (spiritual successor to Everybody’s Golf) - Now on Nintendo Switch!

Paulando

I’m getting properly addicted to this, I think the new Mario golf game will have it’s work cutout as a £60 title to take my attention away from this. I may however be totally bored of this by the time Mario Golf comes out, in which case disregard this. 

Great game this, the structure in particular is well suited to mobile.

Only mis-step is the odd choice to never tell you you've done backspin, I've never seen the shot say anything other than 'mid' despite the ball now spinning back on the green with some of the players I've ranked up.

Just unlocked tour level 4 and it's a nice game to just pick up whenever you've got a few mins to kill.

Been playing this over the weekend and I'm in love with it. Surprisingly functional touch controls and it looks really lovely, especially on my iPad Pro. 

I haven't dipped into online multiplayer yet, is it possible to set up custom leagues? It'd be awesome to do a forum one if enough people are interested. 

I’ve “finished” it (level 9, last course and characters unlocked, no characters maxed or anything) inside my Arcade trial period. Lovely game and maybe when they add more I’ll come back to it. Wish I could just buy it once, ideally on Switch!

Up to Rank 6 and it’s yet to get particularly challenging, but I’m fine with that. It’s such a delight to play, aside from the odd bizarre interpretation of gestures. Would love a full Everybody’s Golf type game with this control scheme. 

I installed this on my Mac and it runs like absolute shit, looks like it's running in GBA resolution at around 10 frames per second. I've got a beast of a MacBook, but it runs so much better on my iPad/iPhone it's genuinely embarrassing. :ph34r: 

This is rather relaxed on the difficulty front, which is fine for what it is actually.

I was wondering how being on Arcade could have altered the choices of the devs on the difficulty front, not hard to see how this would be a far more irritating proposition if there were loot boxes and timers to block your progress unless your wallet was opened.

• 5 weeks later...

Looks like the first content update gone up today with tour mode expanded and new characters - I'm still plugging away playing a few holes a day and its just the perfect game to have on your phone for years.

I'm only up to tour level 6 and just chipping away at the progression.

There’s a new(?) world tournament mode too now, which is some online thing with rankings which sounds like a decent addition. Still waiting for a 1-on-1 asynchronous mode, but the fact they’re adding stuff like this in is promising.

C03E5F5A-566D-4A8D-B1C2-9CFF28736DCB.thumb.png.19e2f4254b3fae4e0db72261e9a12d29.png

• 1 month later...

Hi, all.

I play this game on three different device under one game center account.

It doesn't seem to sync the progess. I log in to one device, finish the mission or win a character, etc. I see it being saved. 

Then later, l log on to other device and progress is not saved at all. Sometimes it gets fixed when I turn icloud off and on again.

Is there some setting this can be fixed that I am not aware of?

• 4 months later...

Still love playing this and have it with all my 'in play' game icons

Just realised today the game seems to default to 30fps, but there is a 60fps mode which makes it look so much better.

Bit of an idiot question but can you control the height of the shot you play, by that I mean play a long wood but sacrifice some distance for a higher arc on the shot ? I get the controls for power, swerve, spin etc but never sure if that was an option like it is on other games ?

• 4 months later...

Apparently this has online multiplayer now! Anyone know more about it? Is it asynchronous (the dream) or just some standard online room thing? Not subbing to Arcade at the moment as I’m busy with a couple of other games.

51 minutes ago, smithstock said:

Any word on this being on Android? Is there an Apple exclusivity thing going on?

From looking at the updates - adding a new feature or mode every month or two - it seems to me it’s on Arcade as an ‘early access’ title of sorts - getting some guaranteed cash as a timed exclusive while it’s still being developed. It wouldn’t surprise me if it hits Android and other formats once the exclusivity has ended.

• 4 months later...