Clap Hanz Golf / Easy Come Easy Golf (spiritual successor to Everybody’s Golf) - Now on Nintendo Switch!

Paulando

• Paulando changed the title to Clap Hanz Golf/Easy Come Easy Golf - Now on Nintendo Switch!
  • Paulando changed the title to Clap Hanz Golf / Easy Come Easy Golf - Now on Nintendo Switch!

Oh shit what!!!!???  Why was this not on the Direct?! 

Be good if they built in some golf course management bits. Maybe mow the greens, plant some fruit n’ veg in the bunkers. Don’t think any other games have those elements so it’d be a good usp. 

Just now, geldra said:

Be good if they built in some golf course management bits. Maybe mow the greens, plant some fruit n’ veg in the bunkers. Don’t think any other games have those elements so it’d be a good usp. 

:lol:

It was exclusive to the Japanese Direct for some reason.

Was playing this on Switch last night and it’s so great. Love the triple tap mechanic (vertical bar, and then a horizontal bar), as it better represents how you’ll end up hitting the ball. Looks and feels just like the Everybody’s Golf games.

• Paulando changed the title to Clap Hanz Golf / Easy Come Easy Golf (spiritual successor to Everybody’s Golf) - Now on Nintendo Switch!

Had to pick this up. So far so EveryC*nts Golf (copyright @joffocakes).

We gonna get some forum games on the go then or what?!

edit: the control layout is gonna take some adjusting to. Edit:2 understatement of the century here. Menu control and other bits and bobs are weirdly unintuitive. The core golf game is still on point as ever. 

Edit3: does stuff like super spin still exist?

I put so much time into Everybody's Golf on the PS4, and probably just as much on the Vita and PSP versions. Love these games.

Is this equivalent in terms of content and replay to those versions, or is it just a mobile game given a quick Switch port?

16 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I put so much time into Everybody's Golf on the PS4, and probably just as much on the Vita and PSP versions. Love these games.

Is this equivalent in terms of content and replay to those versions, or is it just a mobile game given a quick Switch port?

no idea on content (only played a couple of holes) but the core game seems as EveryBody’s Golf as it could be. Right down to how weirdly eccentric and impenetrable I found the Jpn version of the PS3 game (which I ended up loving). 

I'd be really interested to know if (and how easily) you can set up a private online multiplayer game, if anyone buys it. I currently play PS4 Everybody's Golf with my Dad most weekends, but they're turning the servers off at the end of the month, and most of the replacement options are too complex (we got PGA 2K21 as part of PS Plus) or too simple (Golf With Your Friends is just minigolf, so doesn't have the same breadth.) EG was a proper delight.

20 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'd be really interested to know if (and how easily) you can set up a private online multiplayer game, if anyone buys it. I currently play PS4 Everybody's Golf with my Dad most weekends, but they're turning the servers off at the end of the month, and most of the replacement options are too complex (we got PGA 2K21 as part of PS Plus) or too simple (Golf With Your Friends is just minigolf, so doesn't have the same breadth.) EG was a proper delight.

Private games are a thing for sure. 

image.jpg

I saved myself from buying this (for the time being at least as I have no money) by getting my Vita out of the loft and playing EG on there - I’d never finished it so it makes sense. It holds up well still, I forgot how good it is/was.

50 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I saved myself from buying this (for the time being at least as I have no money) by getting my Vita out of the loft and playing EG on there - I’d never finished it so it makes sense. It holds up well still, I forgot how good it is/was.

The PSP versions hold up incredibly well too (Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee if actually my favourite of the lot). I’m not remotely interested in golf, but these are just brilliant video games. Super easy to pick up and play.

I played this for a little while on Apple Arcade but couldn’t get on with the stick swiping mechanic for taking shots. Does the switch version have an option for using button control like the Everybody’s Golf games? 

8 minutes ago, Gigawatt said:

I played this for a little while on Apple Arcade but couldn’t get on with the stick swiping mechanic for taking shots. Does the switch version have an option for using button control like the Everybody’s Golf games? 

It certainly does - 3 click.

21 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

The Apple version has the 3 click button control too. 

I’m also finding this delightful on Switch. It’d be even better if there’s an option somewhere to always skip the tons of animations it expects me to watch before and after every shot. It really makes the match play bits drag. Is there one that I’ve missed?

Volunteering to come last in any tournaments the forum organises, while simultaneously keeping this thread near the top. It's a superb game, that I've been wanting to come to Switch since the console first existed. I may never load Mario Golf again...

Picked this up today. It's janky to the point where it feels slightly unfinished. Long loading times, music stopping abruptly and it has a tendency to leave you on a black screen after a round just long enough for you to think the game has crashed. Hopefully they can patch some of this to make it a little bit slicker.

The game itself is simplified, too. As far as I can tell, there are no power shots any more, no super backspin or super sidespin and no ability to customise the strength of your shot on hit with a different impact button. These are all key features from Everybody's Golf and their absence here makes the game feel a little basic, it shows its mobile origins a little too clearly for my liking. There's a new mechanic though which means using sidespin adds extra power to your shot - it doesn't quite compensate for the missing features but it's something new to think about at least.

It's still fun though and as with every other EG game, it's perfect for handheld. The tour mode looks substantial, I quite like the multiple characters approach to the game and it's generous with its content - I think it's got 11 courses judging by the menus which is nearly twice as many as the PS4 game had on launch. I'm undoubtedly going to sink a load of time into it, and it'll be great in local multiplayer, but it's not quite the EG sequel I was hoping for. Up for any forum tournaments though obviously.

48 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

These are all key features from Everybody's Golf and their absence here makes the game feel a little basic, it shows its mobile origins a little too clearly for my liking.

I came straight off playing EG on PS4 and initially I was a little disappointed, had similar thoughts about it feeling more like a mobile game. However, it has grown on me as I’ve played it today, I have 1 mini golfer left to get rid of and I’m onto Tour 3.