What's the best use of a tie-in or license?

I know this is weak but I'm having a ball playing '24 - The Game" on PS2.  It's not the best game I've ever played but it's good fun.  However it becomes something way better than it should be because they nailed the feel of it.  The music, the iconic tick, tick, tick, Keifer Sutherland and various other cast members providing the voices, the split screen.... 

I used to love 24, and the game captures the atmosphere and spirit of the TV show perfectly. Like I said, it's not the best game in the world but for a fan of the series it's really great.

So what's the best use of a licence you've seen over the years?  Is it just 24 and Goldeneye? Surely there's more....

I really enjoyed Buffy the Vampire Slayer on the original Xbox. Used the license really well and played well too. Alias also on the OG Xbox was very true to the TV show but wasn’t that great a game unfortunately.

More recently Spider-man on PS4 is probably the best licensed game I’ve played.

24 minutes ago, Openrob said:

Disney Mega Drive games probably, but that's going back a fair bit now!

Of course there is the Batman Arkham games for something more modern

Ooof, I forgot about Batman. Straight to the top you go, bats.

I feel like I’ve finally got back into Batman Arkham Knight today (after struggling with its complexity for a while, forgetting how to play it after so much Spider-Man... it having been sat in the pile ‘o shame for a few years (!) before that... and there having been a good long gap between it and Arkham City before it), and goodness! I forgot just how well these games are at making you feel like you are the Batman.

Mechanically, it’s an excellent game, but it wouldn’t be quite the same without the license and all the trappings that come with it - the rogue’s gallery of villains, the “wonderful toys”; but most of all, the awesome power-trip of being the Dark Knight, who strikes fear into the heart of criminals everywhere when he strikes from the shadows. 

Having played through them all recently I am going to give a shout out to TellTales ‘The Walking Dead’ series.  At it’s best superb storytelling that pisses all over the later seasons of the TV show.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Cyberpunk is a great (and apparently very faithful) use of the licence. But right now it's only good on PC.

cyberpunk is a licensed game? based on what?

Just now, Oz said:

6631B338-2F2A-4935-8D70-162A5D656837.jpeg

I never got around to playing that. I have friends who tell me it's a blast (if you take your brain off the hook, which I am more than happy to do). Must get around to it some day.