(Robin) Hood : Outlaws & Legends a game by Sumo Digital

Watched more videos of this and, in the nicest possible way, I don't get it.

Everything looks excellent- graphics, sound, premise, season pass.

So why is it being sold at a cheaper price? Is this some kind of psychological experiment, a massively altruistic gesture, or am I missing a giant flaw?

It's a new IP in a niche market with a niche setting from a small developer and small publisher, neither of which are known for making or publishing games like this. It does seem crazy because unless the vids are all smoke and mirrors then the game does look incredible for what is essentially being sold as a "budget" title. I'm hoping the servers, matchmaking and game balance can stand up when we get to play next week!

In other news the second of my character videos is up, this one featuring Maid Marian aka the Huntress!

13 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

It's a new IP in a niche market with a niche setting from a small developer and small publisher, neither of which are known for making or publishing games like this. It does seem crazy because unless the vids are all smoke and mirrors then the game does look incredible for what is essentially being sold as a "budget" title. I'm hoping the servers, matchmaking and game balance can stand up when we get to play next week!

Focus take chances on games that aren't necessarily mainstream. I'm guessing the cheap price is why the game immediately has battle passes, which is fair. 

If I buy it I don't know whether to get the Xbox version or the Pc version. I'm not sure my wheezing, limping decade old proc can cope.

Has there been any mention of a single player training mode? I don't get a lot of time to play online and the need for cooperation is pretty clear here.

It would be useful if people could get to grips with the mechanics offline.

There's a tutorial that has you hopping between the characters to show you the ropes.

Here's the third of my character feature videos and this time it's Robin's right-hand man, Little John aka the Brawler

Apparently pre-orders come with 3 days early access, I've been trying to get confirmation from my pre-order place that we will indeed get the keys today but they just keep directing me to their FAQs (which doesn't mention Early Access at all) so I have no idea if I'll be getting a key today or Monday.

I was very looking forward to getting stuck in to this over the weekend, it looks really great.   I was very late to Hunt and I feel that these games are going to offer an entirely new experience being in with the influx of new players as everyone will be on that even footing going through the learning curve. :)  Very excited to play.

Do we know what time launch is? :)

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

My key finally came through this morning, despite me ordering it way earlier than my mate who got his yesterday evening.

Went to enter the key and 

image.png.0bed2e81cc39e7177a396a7f84d14cd1.png

:mellow:

The key is two seperate keys, divided by a ;

4 hours ago, Fused gamer said:

The haptics on the bow is insanely good. 

You have made my week, I designed almost everything except the AI and Onboarding tutorial!

Thanks for the kind messages folks, hope you're enjoying it. Drop me a DM for my tag if anyone fancies playing together. 

49 minutes ago, smithstock said:

You have made my week, I designed almost everything except the AI and Onboarding tutorial!

Thanks for the kind messages folks, hope you're enjoying it. Drop me a DM for my tag if anyone fancies playing together. 

Are you responsible for the enemy team winning and getting more treasure if they get the last winch point, regardless of how many they had prior? Cus that is some bullshit and I’ve lost most of my games to that. :lol:

Other than that and some issues with combat feeling a bit iffy, I love it!

48 minutes ago, smithstock said:

I'm literally counting the hours until I finish work to get stuck in. :D (57 minutes to go!)

Played a few hours of this today on ps5, really enjoyed it, I love medieval themes, team games and melee so I've had a great time.

Think it needs a tweak with the rewards as you can be lazy and just net the chest at the end of the winch, earlier objectives don't feel as rewarding (not sure on actual values to be honest so could be wildly wrong)

Anyway it's right up my alley so enjoy it immensely.

No idea how cross play works but would love to play with peoples.

THis is a great laugh with mates. Went in as a 3 man with disc comms and a random and we were doing so well! Makes all the difference. Tooke/Mystic is as awesome as I'd hoped, love it. Just unlocked the perk to make it so my own gas grenade doesn't hurt me which is aces cus that shit drains stamina super fast!

@smithstock I didn't get a chance to say this in the AMA, but I saw your lead level designer was on there (Emily?) and if you could pass on compliments at how well the levels are designed. They're so intricate and interesting and look amazing. Still learning my way around them but damn, they are really, really good. Great use of alternate routes, verticalilty and space.

You can cross play PC and console, you just can't invite people to your group. You can get randomly matched with people on other platforms, just not create one yourself.

Here is the answer from Game Director Andrew Willins from the AMA on reddit this afternoon:

Hey,

Cross Play Invitations - this is something we are looking into, usually games with this feature have additional account creation requirements which we wanted to avoid for the time being. That said, we also explored using a code generator, so this is possibly the best/quickest path we could get this working. The first step is really ensuring we have a big enough community to justify the developments costs involved.

So not 'definitely, definitely'.

Had some good fun on this last night with Fused Gamer, Polmon and Smithstock.  It is challenging learning the maps, and getting used to the control systems (which for the most part are very intuitive really - save for equiping your bomb/grenades when in the middle of hectic mellee combat), whilst at the same time trying to win again the other team.

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but near the end when it seems to eventually boil down to each team vying for the winch, the AI guards seem to stop coming and the Sherrif also seems to disappear (unless I never saw him get put down by anyone)?

The guards and sheriff definitely do turn up at the end, I’ve had a couple of games where we’ve been trying to winch, deal with the enemy team and avoid the sheriff who is standing on the winch point. Thankfully the AI is dumb as a bag of rocks so you can distract him with one person and then others can winch right behind him and he doesn’t notice.