Hot Wheels Unleashed

MDY

3 minutes ago, Giddas said:

I don't really care about extra cars tbh, just another skin. Tracks is a different matter.

Well there is a trackbuilder in this and you can share tracks with the community...so there is that aspect I guess.

Did they patch the difficulty as I'm finding it fairly easy now compared to when I last played a few weeks back. Either way it's a great arcade style racer and looks fantastic.

• 5 weeks later...

They have started a racing season: DC Super Villains. Lots and lots of Gold and Gears for everyone, six DC-themed cars and tonnes of decorations for the paying lot. At £4.99 it seems quite reasonable.

Still no Private Lobbies on Switch though :( ... I wish this was account-based progression like Fortnite. As it stands I might have to double-dip on Series X.

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

28 on Xbox too but I think I'd rather pay the convenience tax and not have to deal with a disk. Saying that that's what I thought about Cruis'n Blast and I'm regretting that now.

Shame there is no demo of this. Personally didn't think it was worth the asking price of £39. Seems to be lots of DLC planned etc. Its OK... for me it's a £15 game tops. 

Just now, moosegrinder said:

I'm surprised it's not had a price drop already tbh.

Its not a bad game - and on Switch probably one of the better racers. However on other platforms there are more racers to choose from. It also has a course designer which will add more value to things if you have time to use it.

For me its the type of game that will eventually end up on PSN+ or GamePass. Suppose it depends what type of racer you are looking for. 

I absolutely love this and don't regret jumping in Day One at £49.99 with Season Pass 1 included (and the Street Fighter cars!). I think I'm enjoying it because it blends toy/Micro Machines aesthetic, OutRun/Ridge Racer drifting, Burnout boosting and some off-the-wall fantasy video game elements really well. I like it so much I bought it for my nephew on Xbox and it looks utterly phenomenal on Series X.

I do think £40 for the basic version was a bit of a mis-step as they should have just rolled the first pass in with it for that price or £45, especially with a bit of a poor car selection at the start. My biggest gripe was that earning currency for new cars was a bit of a grind at launch, but the DC racing pass is dishing out coins and upgrade gears to all free players which eliminates a big chunk of that if you're jumping on board now.

If/when this comes to GP/PS+, I'd still likely buy the passes and cars, so would probably just end up buying it to own again anyway.

Fingers crossed for a Cyber Monday price drop and then we can all buy it for Xbox after the weekend and race toy cars through volcanoes, past fire-breathing dragons and giant spiders ;) 

This was 28 quid, I had a gift card from my birthday and Cruis'n Blast is a massive let down so I didn't want to risk digital on this.

It's alright. Ive not got the nuance of the handling down, and my starting cars aren't great. Also I don't remember anyone mentioning upgrading cars with currency? I'm presuming that's why you often can't get first on early tracks?

13 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

This was 28 quid, I had a gift card from my birthday and Cruis'n Blast is a massive let down so I didn't want to risk digital on this.

It's alright. Ive not got the nuance of the handling down, and my starting cars aren't great. Also I don't remember anyone mentioning upgrading cars with currency? I'm presuming that's why you often can't get first on early tracks?

Upgrade cars with gears. If you complete some of the challenges for the Racing Season, you’ll get a few thousand coins and gears :) 

13 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

So the 'trick' is, as has been said, drifting the correct line. It also helps I have some random Purple quality Gucci Cadillac that destroys everything. No idea where that came from.

Is the in game money used solely for Blind Boxes?

Don’t piss your resources on blind boxes.

keep browsing the timed deals and also upgrade any of the cars you have that you race well with.

6 minutes ago, bumgut said:

Don’t piss your resources on blind boxes.

keep browsing the timed deals and also upgrade any of the cars you have that you race well with.

Wicked, cheers. I only bought one so I'll wait for the timed deals. Does it say how often it updates? I could look but I'm grinding Destiny and I'm lazy.

46 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Seems like it's weekly. Got K.I.T.T. and Street Creeper as they seemed strong. Gould go for the Koeniseggeggeggeggegg too...

It was every 4 hours ‘real play time’ but that seems to have been changed to 2 hours and also possibly a daily change. 

There have also been noticeable tweaks to difficulty balancing and track design since launch which is nice to see.