Jump to content

WRC 10 - September 2021


Recommended Posts

Quote

 

NACON and development studio KT Racing will continue to build on the success of WRC 9, which sees more than 200,000 special stages played every day, by paying tribute to WRC’s 2022 50th season with the introduction of a retrospective mode, which allows players to relive 19 events that have shaped the history of the WRC.

The historic events include Acropolis Rally and Rallye Sanremo, which can be driven in the cars that have defined the WRC, from the Alpine Renault A110, through to the Audis and Lancias of the Group B era, the Subarus, Toyotas and Mitsubishis of the nineties, up to the current generation of cars from Hyundai, Toyota and Ford.

Another key feature is the addition of Croatia Rally, Rally Estonia, Ypres Rally Belgium and RallyRACC Rally de España, all of which appear on the 2021 WRC calendar.

 

These events can be competed in from a selection of 52 of the official teams of the 2021 season (WRC, WRC2, WRC3 and Junior WRC), featuring WRC stars such as Sébastien Ogier, Ott Tänak and Thierry Neuville, as well as stars of the future in Kalle Rovanperä, Adrien Fourmaux and Oliver Solberg.

KT Racing are once again putting an emphasis on the critically-acclaimed physics featured in WRC 9, adding further improvements offering players an even greater realistic experience, with a specific focus on aerodynamic forces, the turbo and braking.

For the first time ever, players can have a greater say in the design of their car, with the chance to create unique liveries in Career Mode, as well as create their own teams.

WRC 10 launches on September 2021 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Nintendo Switch will follow at a later date.

 


WRC9 is excellent and the addition of historic rallies alongside the historic cars is great news, the WRC games always have the best stages.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Co-sign for the best stages, I quite enjoyed the route designs in WRC 9 :)

 

It's just a shame these games lack the vibrant and lively presentation, as well as great physics, that make DiRT Rally (2.0) so enjoyable, IMO.

 

Most curious to see what Codemasters will do with this license after this one!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given they'll only be able to reuse the work in at best one more yearly game it's good to see them investing.

 

And remember, TDU : SC will be using a lot of this engine so that's excellent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the last year of the WRC era cars that have been around since 1997. From 2022 onwards they are hybrids so I expect the biggest challenge for Codemasters will be making the cars sound as good as the do now because engine sounds are something Dirt Rally does better than the WRC games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

It's just a shame these games lack the vibrant and lively presentation, as well as great physics, that make DiRT Rally (2.0) so enjoyable, IMO.

 

For me it's the other way around: Codemasters games like Dirt 2.0 lack the polish and focused presentation of WRC 9. I also think the physics are not as bad as you make them, on some surfaces WRC 9 is actually the better game physics wise (but I am playing on a controller, and I understand wheel support isn't as good in WRC). 

 

The fact that both F1 2020 and Dirt 2.0 where never updated for the new consoles also bothers me. And while this game gets all the new tracks of the 2021 season, I highly doubt that F1 2021 will even include half of them which would be a shame. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Most curious to see what Codemasters will do with this license after this one!

Codemasters gets the license in 2023. So WRC 11 will still be published by Nacon unless they skip a year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Interesting. Co-sign for the best stages, I quite enjoyed the route designs in WRC 9 :)

 

It's just a shame these games lack the vibrant and lively presentation, as well as great physics, that make DiRT Rally (2.0) so enjoyable, IMO.

 

Most curious to see what Codemasters will do with this license after this one!

Codies are EA now, so lootboxes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

Take out all the content and release as DLC packs? :P

:(

 

18 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

For me it's the other way around: Codemasters games like Dirt 2.0 lack the polish and focused presentation of WRC 9. I also think the physics are not as bad as you make them, on some surfaces WRC 9 is actually the better game physics wise (but I am playing on a controller, and I understand wheel support isn't as good in WRC). 

 

The fact that both F1 2020 and Dirt 2.0 where never updated for the new consoles also bothers me. And while this game gets all the new tracks of the 2021 season, I highly doubt that F1 2021 will even include half of them which would be a shame. I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

 

The physics in WRC 9 are definitely solid, but yeah, playing on a wheel I just prefer the handling in DiRT Rally 2.0.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

Codemasters gets the license in 2023. So WRC 11 will still be published by Nacon unless they skip a year. 

 

I do wonder if they'll feel it's worth doing all the work for the new cars for a single year licence (and they'd probably have to stop selling the game on Dec 31st 2022 so it wouldn't be out for long).  This does have the feel of a farewell as an announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.