F1 2021 - not Bitcoin - Pitcoin

englishbob

13 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I wonder if this one will actually reflect the season or just be a list of the tracks they wished were raced on.

The announcement that Portimao, Imola and Jeddah will be added as a post release free update means that’s all we’ll get. 

£60 standard digital or £75 deluxe digital, or fuck off into the sea, EA

ps. Devon Butler is a cunt, but Lukas Weber such a massive cunt he's been dropped?

image.thumb.png.db5f138db3d561b8c5cd48a1cdfe38fe.png

5a0d7bbd399ece2a70ade234abb11e96.jpg

That's got to be the worst trailer for a game I've ever seen.

"You want respect, you get respect. That's how it works."

Er ... no. Also, WTF?!?!? :lol:

Pre-ordering a GPU I can agree with.

Pre-ordering an Analogue piece of kit I can agree with.

Pre-ordering a batch of small production run miniature paints I can agree with.

Pre-ordering a digital video game from a huge corporation that doesn't give a fuck once they have your cash, and can likely spin that £60/£75 for a 3x come 16th July?  Fuck right off.

It fucking offends me so much. Especially when pre-orders for things which desperately need pre-ordering isn't an option much these days.

I remember my first ever pre-order. Ocarina of Time. That meant something.

Yep. Even today it's been revealed that the Canadian GP might be cancelled (and then possibly replaced with the Turkish GP) -  Link

Still, I'm big fan of F1 2020 and still play it daily. I'm looking forward to this regardless of whether the tracks match up with the actual calendar. 

I like the sound of this feature.

"F1® 2021’s 'Real-Season Start' feature lets you jump into this season's action, reflecting the live standings, and then you can take over and drive the remaining races. Great for players who want to jump into the season to align with the real-world season."

But I really hope you can switch off that ridiculous story mode. Just give me 'My Team Mode' and an updated game and graphics engine and I'll be happy as larry. 

5 hours ago, ryodi said:

The announcement that Portimao, Imola and Jeddah will be added as a post release free update means that’s all we’ll get. 

That's a start at least. Although given the game is 3 months away, not having a track that has been the same for 13 years and even had an F1 event last season they never bothered putting in the game feels stupendously lazy.

2 hours ago, LowCostMonkey said:

I like the sound of this feature.

"F1® 2021’s 'Real-Season Start' feature lets you jump into this season's action, reflecting the live standings, and then you can take over and drive the remaining races. Great for players who want to jump into the season to align with the real-world season."

Gonna be tricky to leap in with regard to live standings when the game as launched will be missing round 2 of the season.

I see they’re still doing the special edition where you get to experience being a Codemasters’ tester for 3 days. With many people working from home at the moment it’ll be the most realistic version yet.

People on twitter bravely defending them releasing a game missing 4 tracks from the 2021 season with no apparent plans to add one of them.  Apparently they've not "had time" to implement 2 tracks that were used last season, one of which hasn't changed since 2008.

Maybe don't release it in July then.

Will it drive the same? Yup

Will it still have the same terrible FFB? Almost certainly.

How about endless reused assets like team and podium celebrations they've had for years? I think you know.

Will I buy it and not even complete half a season again?.... Sigh. :doh:

F1 2021 doesn’t include the Vietnam circuit which automatically makes it a better game than last year. But I am going to wait until the first time it’s on sale to buy and not get suckered into the hype and buy it at launch again. Although now Codemasters are owned by EA it might not drop it price quite as rapidly as it has done in recent years.

5 minutes ago, ryodi said:

F1 2021 doesn’t include the Vietnam circuit which automatically makes it a better game than last year. But I am going to wait until the first time it’s on sale to buy and not get suckered into the hype and buy it at launch again. Although now Codemasters are owned by EA it might not drop it price quite as rapidly as it has done in recent years.

EA are as trigger happy with discounts if not more so than Codemasters were. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was in a sale with 40% off within 10 days of release.

Officially none but there is a rumour that Canada is about to be swapped out for Turkey. It's quite probable that something similar may happen to one or two other tracks as the season progresses. But I mean, what are you gonna do? There's a global pandemic.