F1 2021 - not Bitcoin - Pitcoin

englishbob

8 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I haven't played one of these since the sport introduced the cockpit halo.

I saw a video (might have been a PC hack?) using full cockpit mode but with the middle T piece as transparent. Is this an option on consoles? Thanks

Yep.

This is just far too hard for me when using a wheel. 

Very unforgiving. Having to shift through 8 gears in a fraction of a second is tough too.

Going to stick to automatic with a pad. Which sucks tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

This is just far too hard for me when using a wheel. 

Very unforgiving. Having to shift through 8 gears in a fraction of a second is tough too.

Going to stick to automatic with a pad. Which sucks tbh. 

Why not use gears with the pad? A bit of practice with your wheel and I’m sure you’ll get used to it too. Also, in settings you can enable a beep that’ll tell you when to shift.

Just now, scoobysi said:

Why not use gears with the pad? A bit of practice with your wheel and I’m sure you’ll get used to it too. Also, in settings you can enable a beep that’ll tell you when to shift.

A beep? I have it set to "manual with suggested gear" don't notice a sound. 

On another note, the game has hard crashed my console twice in the hour I have played it. When playing ranked and a game finishes you get a weird screen at end saying "to do" and it crashes. 

I hardly use my PS5 and every single PS5 game I have played has hard crashes. The console is a piece of shit. 

28 minutes ago, Ry said:

I hardly use my PS5 and every single PS5 game I have played has hard crashes. The console is a piece of shit. 

Get it repaired? I've had maybe 1 or 2 hard crashes on my console. Best geting it fixed while under warranty even if it's a hassle.

Think I'll be holding off for bargain basement price for F1 2021, not long finished 2020 and I'm not seeing any reason to upgrade and play through again.   

30 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Get it repaired? I've had maybe 1 or 2 hard crashes on my console. Best geting it fixed while under warranty even if it's a hassle.

Think I'll be holding off for bargain basement price for F1 2021, not long finished 2020 and I'm not seeing any reason to upgrade and play through again.   

It's not broken. 

Could be the game, it's a strange screen that appears that in game. But I have read countless stories of what are seemingly fine consoles hard crashing. 

Having such a bad today that I have put it up for sale. 

So I've not played loads but this is a lot of fun with my T300. It feels a lot better than 2020 so far. 

Finished the first race of Braking Point and... crash.

2 hours ago, mexos said:

So I've not played loads but this is a lot of fun with my T300. It feels a lot better than 2020 so far. 

Finished the first race of Braking Point and... crash.

Haven’t played an F1 game since the days of the Xbox 360. What’s the online like ? Can we do lobby races and such? 

14 hours ago, Junker said:

Haven’t played an F1 game since the days of the Xbox 360. What’s the online like ? Can we do lobby races and such? 

I've not tried it but would be up for doing so!

I’ve put this on Quality graphics mode on PS5, rather than performance and it looks good so far. Does anyone know what these modes are supposed to be like in terms of fps? I’ve only done a couple of short races so far.

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I’ve put this on Quality graphics mode on PS5, rather than performance and it looks good so far. Does anyone know what these modes are supposed to be like in terms of fps? I’ve only done a couple of short races so far.

Performance is 120fps, quality 60. No point in performance if you don't have a 120hz display. 

Edit: replays and cutscenes at least in quality mode are 30fps and have ray tracing

Well I’ve ordered it off TheGameCollection on PS5 disc so I can flog it when I realised my middle aged reactions aren’t good enough. No FIA races in GT Sport this week so I’d be up for a lobby race

Really enjoying this now. Handling feels really satisfying on a wheel, meaty. You can feel the grip build up. 

The new camera positions is a revelation. I can be nice and precise. going into the corners and be consistent with it in a way I could not with T cam or in car.

Braking point is good fun. It's rough around the edges for sure but it is a very nice addition. It gives a nice structure and reason to play. I'm playing it on the hardest level so it's just about doable each round on a track I know like Silverstone but takes a second go on somewhere like Mexico where I don't have lots of experience driving that track.

So far so impressed. 

Been enjoying Braking point too. Given more time I could see this being a really excellent mode in the future games. Inject more of the drive to survive style drama and a structure that sees the story branch off in different paths depending on results and it could be one of the best modes in the game. 

Anyone else had the sound bug? Oh my. The sound suddenly cuts from your engine to something that sounds like a static mic trackside, but which huge reverb, echo effects added. And it's really loud. Kept happening then I closed and restarted the game and it went away.

3 hours ago, mexos said:

The new camera positions is a revelation. I can be nice and precise. going into the corners and be consistent with it in a way I could not with T cam or in car.

Which camera are you using?

16 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Which camera are you using?

It’s the nose cam where you can’t see the cockpit and the wheels are pretty damn big at the side of the screen. It’s great.

17 minutes ago, mexos said:

It’s the nose cam where you can’t see the cockpit and the wheels are pretty damn big at the side of the screen. It’s great.

Interesting, I just defaulted to cockpit but will give it a try.

7 hours ago, kiroquai said:

:sherlock: hey @Meers are you getting an itchy spreadsheet trigger finger yet?

Unfortunately I'm not planning on getting the new F1 game and join you guys (I barely have time for the ACC league these days), but I could make a nifty sheet for a potential league if need be.😁👍

There is a zen like flow I can get into driving fast high downforce cars that I just don't get from the lower speed cars. Probably why I hate the N class cars in GT Sport. :lol:

It's addictive when you are in the zone driving something that fast.

Another good thing to say about this game (on PS5) - the loading times. My goodness that is night and day. The waiting and waiting on PS4 just to load that motorhome scene with your team mate staring back at you, so you can get to the option to start the race. It was a killer and a huge reason why I quit the last 3 games early. Unsatisfying driving and ridiculous waiting times = ta ra game.

I'll be interested to see if My Team holds my interest when I've completed Braking Point. I didn't really bother with it last time, as I'd done 5 or 6 races and lost interest by the time I had it set up. Glad to see that awful upgrade tree is gone too. That was a huge turn off. 

I’ve had the aforementioned ‘to do’ and sound bugs. It’s pretty annoying (not sure I’d sell my PS5 because of it but I’ve had similar frustrations).