F1 2021 - not Bitcoin - Pitcoin

englishbob

Does anyone know WTF "My Team" is?

It's mentioned in the achievements and also the DLC packs, but I can't find anything actually in the game called "My Team" ?

Also on the MFD you can't change your fuel mix ?

13 minutes ago, englishbob said:

It's mentioned in the achievements and also the DLC packs, but I can't find anything actually in the game called "My Team" ?

It’s under Career, I think the options are My Team or Driver.

You can’t change your fuel mix in real life hence not in the game either.

38 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Towards the end of last season I think.

Oh.

Bang goes my tactic of underfueling beforehand to get a nippy start and then catching up by doing the first couple of laps on mix 1.

13 hours ago, englishbob said:

My Team is the main career mode.

Thanks - I vaguely remember My Team as a choice now during the starting choice of Career

I gave up on Career to be honest, its far too dry an experience, I just wanted to race, not worry about my fucking engineers morale or why they kept fucking up the new parts delivery (even with automated selected). The performance of the car in just about every aspect (especially grip and handling) is wank for those early races, its almost like driving around on ice.

Just went for the Grand Prix solo option just to race the calendar of events, much more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the online a mess or what? Get a lobby but seems to get stuck, when I back out I get stuck on the “communicating with online services …” and have to close the game. When I did get a game online it was pure carnage, I’d say Wreckfest is less manic. 
 Very disappointed, I’ll never moan about GT Sport again 

Spoiler

I will definitely moan about GT Sport again…

This online bullshit

the boy is 8 seconds behind first place.

first place has 11 seconds of time penalties.

race ends early, and the boy is on some weird auto drive limiter

On 29/07/2021 at 17:34, englishbob said:

Thanks - I vaguely remember My Team as a choice now during the starting choice of Career

I gave up on Career to be honest, its far too dry an experience, I just wanted to race, not worry about my fucking engineers morale or why they kept fucking up the new parts delivery (even with automated selected). The performance of the car in just about every aspect (especially grip and handling) is wank for those early races, its almost like driving around on ice.

Just went for the Grand Prix solo option just to race the calendar of events, much more enjoyable.

Yup I am going to do the same. It's just very dull. Kind of depressing seeing so many reused assets again and again. I want something that feels new.

I might do a GP season outside of myteam.

What’s the consensus on this then? It’s pretty pricey but I have a wheel so could potentially get the most out of it.  Does it look especially snazzy on Series X or would I, as more of a casual, be better off with last year’s version? Is it much of a step up?

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

They’ve probably been forced to until they have a fix due to the PS OS Beta firmware enabling 3D audio via TVs.

This would mean that all other 3D audio games would suffer the same fate though?

On 29/07/2021 at 17:34, englishbob said:

I haven't played the last 2, because neither is a sim of the year they claim to be but the problem I had with the career mode before is it wanted me to to pound around in practice sessions for 30 minutes a round when I was only doing 10 minute races.  I'm not 15 anymore, I don't have the kind of time that would result in me ever finishing a season like that. I don't need practice, there's not real "new parts" to try or clever setup, it's the same cars at the same tracks.

But if you don't do that you lose out on all the upgrades and your career will be shit.

I heard something about this maybe potentially going away but I just want to do qualifying, ideally 1 lap and a race and not be penalised for wanting to finish a championship in under the time it takes to do a real one.

The problem with that is it's not quick. You still need to faff around going between sessions and all the loading in between - including my all time favourite - the workstation + navigating into and out of it. Why is that crap still in the game?! Great I can see my team mate at his PC!

All that should be on 1 screen, select what you want, go. It's supposed to be quick!

For F1 2022 I'd like to see ALL the menus, all the animation sequences outside of the driving, the PS3 quality character models, podium crap, P1-3 test programmes etc thrown in the bin and do something new. Give it to different people. It's tired af and actually makes me not want to play because it makes it feel like I am playing a game from 5/6 years ago.

Do something new - even if it means less of the window dressing in the first release. I played through Braking Point on hard to make it last longer. And I enjoyed it, it was a bit janky but it was fresh. As soon as I started to play My Team my interest in playing the game quickly evaporated because of all of the above. 

I’ve thought for a while that a story based racing game would be great and then I saw the trailer for Grid Legends and changed my mind lol. Braking Point was refreshing though and I’d like to see that expanded in the next game.

On 09/08/2021 at 17:03, Pockets said:

No fancy next gen step up then?

Not really unless you like reflections coming off their fabric baseball caps when the drivers are being interviewed , such a weird thing. 
 it’s a weird mix of some lovely looking stuff and some bad textures to ruin it 

On 10/08/2021 at 10:33, mexos said:

The problem with that is it's not quick. You still need to faff around going between sessions and all the loading in between - including my all time favourite - the workstation + navigating into and out of it. Why is that crap still in the game?! Great I can see my team mate at his PC!

All that should be on 1 screen, select what you want, go. It's supposed to be quick!

For F1 2022 I'd like to see ALL the menus, all the animation sequences outside of the driving, the PS3 quality character models, podium crap, P1-3 test programmes etc thrown in the bin and do something new. Give it to different people. It's tired af and actually makes me not want to play because it makes it feel like I am playing a game from 5/6 years ago.

Do something new - even if it means less of the window dressing in the first release. I played through Braking Point on hard to make it last longer. And I enjoyed it, it was a bit janky but it was fresh. As soon as I started to play My Team my interest in playing the game quickly evaporated because of all of the above. 

All the menus in this are a bit of mess, needs some new perspective from some new team.

The constant back and forth of menus and loading in the career mode must be absolutely punishing on the last gen consoles

• 2 weeks later...

I returned this week to play a bit more of the career mode. This game seems to suffer from the same issues from 10 years ago that they patched in and then forgot about. 

I played an entirely wet race (real downpours with wet tyres etc.) and guess what, every single one of the AI racers finished the race. There was also no drying line appearing either, another thing they fixed years and years ago.

It's also largely uneventful unless you create the events yourself.

All sound familiar?

I did actually finish the story mode though - it was alright really

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

The DualSense triggers in this are great, the way they fight against your fingers as your tyres struggle for traction coming out a corner feels really nice.

Probably what broke the R2 button of my controller