IGNORED

Knights of the Old Republic - Remake Windu

Harsin

1 hour ago, Thor said:

It'll be akin to the FFVII remake, I expect. The same overarching plot point, but told differently and with a whole new gameplay style. Plus I think KOTOR is a much shorter, tighter, game than FFVII, so there'll be no need to split the remake into parts. 

I'm very interested in how they handle Kashyyyk, and the Wookies.

I tried to put the wookies put of my mind. Wookies and gaming never work well. 

2 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

I'm ashamed to say i never played the original, so i'm very excited for this.

For your own sake, please please please do everything you can to avoid spoilers before you play. The story is a video game great in my opinion. 

I tried replaying this on iPad a few years back and found it a bit clunky and bland despite loving it on Xbox. I’m definitely up for the remake if it is more than just an upscale and polish. 

3 hours ago, K said:

It'll be interesting to see how they do this. KOTOR was a game that utterly consumed me at the time - I remember just being sat there, boggling at how incredibly compelling it was, almost unable to believe what I was playing. It's literally a Star Wars film you can play! I'm flirting with a sexy female Jedi! This is the greatest art that has ever been created! - but, like the Mass Effect games, it's also something I've had absolutely no interest in revisiting. It feels like something that so completely satiated me that there's no point in going back.

That said, if they can recreate the rich, lush worlds of the films on modern consoles, then that's fairly tempting - I would love to see Tarsis or the unknown world at the end done to contemporary standards. At the same time though, I think I'd rather see a new KOTOR game. It's weird, in that I'm always up for re-watching a Star Wars film, and I love playing through old games again, but something about re-playing KOTOR puts me off. 

Why not tell new tales?

I suppose twenty years on they can legitimately sell to a whole new audience.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I forget who originally said it, maybe K, but it tickled me when they compared wookies in videogames to pepperamis! :lol:

The ones in Fallen Order looked like someone had scraped a fur texture in to Morph with a fork.

On 22/04/2021 at 11:07, Wiper said:

Oh boy, can't wait for a straight port of a game that still works on PC, is backward compatible on XBox and is already ported to Android and iOS!

Did they fix the Android version bug where save games literally don't save anything? That was a joy to discover. :(

edit - sigh, this is another timed exclusive I see.

3 hours ago, TehStu said:

edit - sigh, this is another timed exclusive I see.

Doh! I get sick of that sort of bullshit. I presumed Microsoft would have got this one from the start.

ok, so PS5 AND PC..im ok with that.

Edited by Sumire
im dumb

I bought an original Xbox on launch day in anticipation of this game, and it didn’t disappoint. I think I ran through it four or five times when it finally came out, handily getting released (and delivered) the day I started three weeks recuperation from a knee op, and before we had children. Played it through again on iphone when it came out too.

Will be very interested to see how they pull this off, but would love a new addition to the story more.

• 10 months later...

Sounds like it will never come out to be honest. 2025 at the earliest but that seems to be on the assumption that they continue with the work they have done so far which it seems didn't go down well.

No offence to Aspyr but remaking a game like this to modern AAA standards is probably something very few studios around nowadays would have the capability to do. I'd be amazed if they could pull it off.

This also doesn't seem to bode well for the project's future

In a series of meetings throughout July, Aspyr's two studio heads told employees that the project is on pause and that the company will look for new contracts and development opportunities, said the people, who were not authorized to speak publicly about the situation.