Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge Season 5 Rollcall and Voting

davejm

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 5 Rollcall and Voting  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a roll-call and voting thread for Season 5 of the Assetto Corsa Competizione rllmuk GT World Challenge.

This season will NOT feature the British GT DLC tracks so hopefully a couple of the guys that sat out the last league will re-join.

For this season the track list will be determined by competitors.  Those that indicate participation will be placed into a hat, and the order in which they're drawn will determine who gets to choose the first track (for round one), then the second (for round two) etc.

The polls include sections for whether we utilise GT4 cars and whether we go with a change to the sprint race format.  It might mix things up slightly if the sprint races feature a shorter qualifying session; because if drivers are only able to get in one or two hot laps the grid order might feature some added variation.

I have also included a poll for weather settings.  Whilst the dynamic whether settings is fun, I don't feel that it's altogether realistic due to the lack of weather forecasting that the game offers.  I feel like there's some value in having set conditions for some races (i.e. for a specific race have light rain) because it enables people to have fun changing car setup for specific conditions which isn't really possible if the weather is dynamic. 

I've gone GT4 only for variety and I'd be up for some fixed weather races, even though I really like the unpredictability of the variable weather.

Don't mind what gets decided though, I'll be racing whatever.

I've put in my preferences, but really I'm happy to go with the flow...  stay the same or total changes - all good with me.

The only response I feel strongly about is the one to Question 1 :hug:

All done.

Cheers Dave for continually sorting this oasis of grown up online gaming . Unless I'm mistaken no one has yet offered to do unspeakable things to me or thrown out a random "your mum" . Maybe I missed that week.

9 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

All done.

Cheers Dave for continually sorting this oasis of grown up online gaming . Unless I'm mistaken no one has yet offered to do unspeakable things to me or thrown out a random "your mum" . Maybe I missed that week.

Car based teabagging on Thursday I reckon.

I put unsure for the first question as I am probably still not fit enough to do the endurance races. However by the time I got to the bottom question I realised I'd love to have my name put in the hat for track/weather selection so I can inflict some Kyalami in the pissing rain.

6 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Bathurst is an amazing track, not sure why there's such a dislike. Lots of nice fast sections with a technical part that feels like skiing in a car.

It's incredible but bloody hard, so I can see why people are wary of racing there.  The mountain section is like the most insane street circuit ever, so easy to get it a little bit wrong and total your car.