The E3 2021 Predictions Thread

I do enjoy putting on my Micheal Pachter pants in the gaming predictions thread and then seeing how utterly terrible I am at calling anything so here's a second opportunity to show how on the pulse your finger is and have your hopes dashed as people suggest things you hadn't considered in your wildest dreams not come to pass!

These are my main predictions:

SONY 

Horizon gameplay demo 

God of War 2 teaser 

Last of us part 2 ps5 upgrade 

Capcoms Dragons Dogma 2

Konami's Silent Hill or MGS remake

MICROSOFT

Halo Infinite gameplay demo 

Avowed trailer 

Starfield trailer (Bethesda conference for detailed reveal)

Froms Elden Ring 

NINTENDO 

Switch Pro / Switch 2 / Super Switch!

Breath of the Wild 2

Metroid 4

Mario Galaxy 2 remaster 

UBISOFT 

...Give two fucks?

Plenty on there to make me excited at the prospect so that tells me I am way off the mark already! :lol:

From @Sarlaccfood's E3 thread:

I said there'd be nothing on Elden Ring but I'm prepared to be super-wrong about that

Definitely no news on Babylon's Fall, because Platinum like tormenting me.

Fire Emblem character reveal for Smash Ultimate

Neo TWEWY extended preview from Square

My OG "2021" predictions at the start of the year:

No Switch "Pro" hardware refresh

Update on Enhance Games' Humanity (but no release this year)

Nier: Reincarnation (I seriously doubt this will show up at E3 in any form.)

Something something Uncharted 5

No games. Everything is disappointing.

Sony announce they’re just giving up on making enough PS5 consoles to satisfy demand. Also they’re cancelling PS4 production. Uncharted 5 is going to be a PS3 game and it’s the only game they announce. 

Microsoft announce that Kinect is back, it’s £200 and series consoles won’t work without one going forward. They’re adding adverts to the Series console dashboards. Obsidian are making a Gears of War game. 

Nintendo are moving all their developers to smash bros DLC. Any other games they release will be £100 and only available for three days.

EA announce that BioWare and Respawn are now working on Ultimate Team only.

31 minutes ago, Broker said:

Sony announce they’re just giving up on making enough PS5 consoles to satisfy demand. Also they’re cancelling PS4 production. Uncharted 5 is going to be a PS3 game and it’s the only game they announce. 

Microsoft announce that Kinect is back, it’s £200 and series consoles won’t work without one going forward. They’re adding adverts to the Series console dashboards. Obsidian are making a Gears of War game. 

Nintendo are moving all their developers to smash bros DLC. Any other games they release will be £100 and only available for three days.

EA announce that BioWare and Respawn are now working on Ultimate Team only.

Elden Ring turns out to be a mobile gacha game.

Xbox Series S | X

OutRun Vs Ridge Racer the two beloved franchises combine for one almighty game featuring all the tracks and courses from every game. Want to play Ridge Racer Type 4 with Magical Sound Shower you got it, want to tackle OutRun 2 in the White Angel car no problem. Mix the tracks, cars and music up however you like, including remix runs combining courses from both games. With original and super blue skies updated graphics this is the definitive version of Ridge Racer and OutRun.

Tenchu Reboot announced.

Elden Ring is out in November this year.

Microsoft start adding new titles to Xbox BC again, including Outrun 2 and Riddick.

Binary Domain Remaster and Binary Domain 2 announced.

Metroid Prime Trilogy out this summer. MP4 end of this year.

Avowed looks stunning and exactly what I'm hoping it will be.

New Shadowrun.

Legacy of Kain reboot.

Silent Hills is back! 

More info on Elden Ring, Monster Hunter 6, BotW pt. 2, Bayonetta 3, Dragon's Dogma 2, Metroid Prime 4, Splatoon 3, Pokémon Legends: Arceus are pretty much a given. Should be a corker this year.

EDIT: Apparently part of Nintendo's presentation has already been leaked, and supposedly there will be no new info on BotW pt. 2  this E3. Meh.

I think rockstar might finally announce their next thing, alongside the gtav online only release for the new gen.

Psvr 2 shown off maybe?

Ms show a not comedy halo trailer.

Naughty Dog unveil Last of Us 2 Multiplayer standalone game for PS5 with special branding. They throw in an updated version of single player game too. There's an Uncharted movie tie in purely for the $$$. God of War 2 and Horizon 2 look like shinier versions of the last gen games.
Microsoft show a non-playable version of Halo Infinite running on a PC and it's pretty obviously gone back to some earlier non-Bone inclusive build that needs another year at least.
GTA 6 gets a logo reveal and no one talks about anything else.
Nintendo release 3 new smash characters and build a five hour treehouse festival around them. At the end we get a rushed reveal of the new zelda BOW sequel.

My only confident prediction is that Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis will appear somewhere in the Microsoft Conference as an 'available now' announcement, despite the release window being announced a week or so by Sega as the same time period.

As for other things for Microsoft:

- Definitely something Bethesda related in playable form - probably Starfield.

- A next-gen Forza.

- As mentioned, probably the next GTA and Elden Ring are formally revealed on a Microsoft stage, but obviously multiplat.

- They'll probably acquisition another company to get the internet dweebs mad.

- Some big Game pass thing. Maybe BC games via cloud if it's not a thing already, or a sizable game like Hitman 3 or Cyberpunk

More FFXVI footage from Sony, along with the GoW sequel. Will also announce the next Sony-based PC port, probably Bloodborne.

Persona 5 Royal will show up as a port somewhere - either snatched up by Microsoft or Epic for their relative stores. People get mad that it's not on Steam.

The Nintendo show is essentially half an hour of the new Zelda and announces an early 2022 date like Feb. Internet goes apeshit over how soon that is, despite the BotW engine already existing.

5 minutes ago, Siri said:

The Nintendo show is essentially half an hour of the new Zelda and announces an early 2022 date like Feb. Internet goes apeshit over how soon that is, despite the BotW engine already existing.

Acc. to a recent leak there will be a massive focus on the 35th anniversary of TLoZ, but more info on BotW pt. 2 will be held back for a later presentation. Pinch of salt obviously.

23 hours ago, Broker said:

Honestly despite this being a miserabiliast take, I think there's be a grain of truth there, I think the knock-on effects will be longer than we expect, and a lot of stuff that's announced will be for 2022 or pushed back.

People expecting a big mega blowout might be disappointed, it'll be more in the vein of that lame Direct and Sony show.

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

Honestly despite this being a miserabiliast take, I think there's be a grain of truth there, I think the knock-on effects will be longer than we expect, and a lot of stuff that's announced will be for 2022 or pushed back.

Oh there will be tonnes of games, Microsoft must have shown 30+ during their last showcase, but who knows when we’ll actually get to play any of them. 

55 minutes ago, Siri said:

Persona 5 Royal will show up as a port somewhere - either snatched up by Microsoft or Epic for their relative stores. People get mad that it's not on Steam Switch

29 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Sony aren’t part of E3 this year are they?

Point being that when it’s announced, it won’t be on a Microsoft stage.

45 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Sony aren’t part of E3 this year are they?

They'll have a show around that time usually, so it doesn't matter. "Around E3 time"

20 minutes ago, footle said:

Point being that when it’s announced, it won’t be on a Microsoft stage.

Considering they are still reworking GTA V for the 2nd generation in a row, would seem stupid to reveal GTA VI too close to that one.

I'd expect them to be showing GTA V this year, finally running at 60fps on a console, TWIMTBP and maybe they can finally fix the godawful long loading times and the rest of the legacy limitations from being a 2 gen old console game that prevent it from being a truly scalable dense open-world.

2 hours ago, Siri said:

Persona 5 Royal will show up as a port somewhere - either snatched up by Microsoft or Epic for their relative stores. People get mad that it's not on Steam.

Should be on Switch really. What with Persona Strikers already available.

I think this will be a quiet one. Lots of updates on announced games, maybe a little GoW or Halo Infinite info, but mostly Sony and MS will be making great hay out of their huge sales, and third parties will have the big surprises. We won’t even get any info on new OS features or services I bet - those will get their own online events much closer to their launches.

BotW 2 seems plausible but I wouldn’t be surprised if Nintendo did that at their own pace. If it’s announced it will probably land game of the show by default.

I'm just going to do Microsoft predictions for now because thats what I've been seeing and hearing more about on podcasts and such. 

-Ubisoft and EA announce support for the Windows Store

-EA Play Pro and Ubisoft+ are offered as subscriptions that work across Xcloud as well as the Windows and Xbox Stores

-Starfield reveal including release date (Early 2022)

-Halo Infinite demo and release date (2021)

-STALKER release date (2022)

-Forza Horizon 5 demo and release date (2021)

-Psychonauts 2 release date (2021)

-Console Flight Sim release date (2021)

-Age of Empires 4 release date (2021)

-The Gunk release date (2021)

-Dying Light 2 day one on Gamepass

-Solid details about a full xCloud launch

-Persona 5 on Gamepass

-Wolfenstein 3 trailer

I think the EA and Ubisoft predictions are the most outlandish things on the list but they are still dull enough. 

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

I think this will be a quiet one. Lots of updates on announced games,

You just have to remember back to that EA conference one year after the last set of consoles launched, then add covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jun/10/e3-2014-electronic-arts-press-conference-five-key-points

that’s a criterion game that never released, anathem (with no info other than they were doing something), mass effect 4 (that went well. And there was no info) etc.

(comment 2, from 2014: when’s the mass effect remaster coming out? Comment 3, “spring 2015”)

We'll finally get a Bayonetta 3 trailer. I was originally going to predict that it'll just be a teaser trailer without any gameplay footage... but then I checked, and the first announcement trailer was December 2017 :o - they must have more to show by now, right?

Microsoft will pay Geoff Keighley to commentate on their announcements / run an excruciating pre show event. Geoff will hire hip YouTubers who will all say, one after another, that they're most interested in The Last Of Us and that they "uh, only really play PlayStation."

Sony

PS Plus and PS Now to Merge

Microsoft

Dishonoured 3

Game Pass Ultimate App for Smart TVs 

FH5

Nintendo

Mario Strikers

Game Boy Collection (or GB Mini)

Wario Ware Switch

Persona 5

GTA 5 / China Wars 2 

Sony will announce a range of coloured face plates for the PS5, along with some new controller colour options.

No gameplay footage of Horizon or GOW, maybe a pre-rendered cut scene though.

Everybody is waiting for Naughty Dog to show something but Sucker Punch will have the most interesting PS5 announcement at the show, even though it's years away from completion.

Hideo Kojima shows something odd that features a famous actor.

As always, no Ridge Racer :(