The E3 2021 Predictions Thread

Ran

Sony announce a revision of the ps5 that's inexplicably even bigger for no good reason at all. 

Actually no, it's bigger because it has a floppy disk drive included and makes them even more money because hipsters. 

Then they decide all games must cost 100 Sony dollars which they introduce, alongside an inscrutable conversion rate into any normal currency. 

Sorry, I'm bored. 

Sony announces a new, fully backwards compatible PS5. Basically, they've stuck all previous PS consoles inside the casing of a PS5. Even that is smaller than the current PS5. 

Microsoft, having realised the error of their ways after their terrible "TV, TV, TV" E3, go all out with their new incentive: "Radio, Radio, Radio." Basically, you can now listen to Radio 4 while playing Gears of War. 

Nintendo, hot off the back of the Switch's success, announce the 3DSwitch U. This incredible new hardware allows you to play your Switch on the TV while using the console as a tablet as you wear a pair of 3D goggles. Can only be used within a distance of 2 metres from the TV. They expect to sell 30 million units within the first year. 

GTAVI is a permanent Stadia exclusive. 

No next gen AAA games until 2022.

Sony have awesome first party offerings (but see above). 

Microsoft offer loads of frame rate boosts, series s/x upgrades for old games, game pass day 1 releases for cool indie stuff etc. Everything you could want except for big tent pole releases.

Halo: infinite gets new trailer and looks much improved. Everyone still says it looks like shit though.

Everything Nintendo show is an infuriating Monkey's Paw-esque bait and switch where it looks like your wildest expectations are going to be met before being immediately bashed to death on a rock.

Imagine a poor first year of console E3, that's been further decimated by COVID into one of the worst ever. 

COVID and remote working means everything is buggy, unfinished messes. Some are being released like that, others are getting delays.

Oh and Nintendo have some more DLC for Smash. It's a sword wielding Anime character.

20 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

But that's before E3. 

I thought he meant new next-gen games in general. But there's definitely gonna be more this year. If we're talking games that will be revealed for the first time at E3, then maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

I thought he meant new next-gen games in general. But there's definitely gonna be more this year. If we're talking games that will be revealed for the first time at E3, then maybe. 

Yeah, I just remembered RE8 too. So yeah, my revised prediction is no new AAA stuff announced at E3 will be out this year. 

2 hours ago, matt0 said:

Yeah, I just remembered RE8 too. So yeah, my revised prediction is no new AAA stuff announced at E3 will be out this year. 

Halo Infinite?

I thought my Microsoft predictions were possibly a touch pessimistic but sadly it seems like they were more optimistic than half the predictions in here. 

Funnier than the other half, which is borderline tragic. 

Sega announce they've relicensed a shitload of their old stuff starting with  a new 4k60 Outrun 2 C2C remaster, Crazy Taxi 1-3 mega set complete with original licensed music and locations and a remastered Jet Set Radio Future. Then sequels to all 3 due between Christmas 2021 and Christmas 2022.

Okay, actual E3 prediction: Silksong will shadow drop in the E3 Nintendo Direct. There's been a lot of rumblings of 'new information soon' and Hollow Knight dropped during the E3 Nintendo Direct 2018 and was a huge success for Team Cherry so I could see them doing the same again. 

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the interesting games will be pushed back until next year....

PSVR2 target release are and price announced

GT7 demoed and target release date announced

Next Naughty Dog game unveiled

Next Forza game(s) announced with release date

A new Mario game announced

A new Zelda game

New Switch hardware

A random announcement from Nintendo

Some announcement from Netflix regards a new game service

1 hour ago, MansizeRooster said:

Sony announce that PSNow is to become the Spotify of PlayStation.

95% of PS1, 2 and 3's libraries will be streamable at 720p, with PS4 and 5 additions being added on an ongoing and gradual basis. These can be downloaded or streamed at 1080p.

I expect Sony will release something to rival GPU on the Xbox. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

Going to go for some moderately sensible suggestions in the hope I actually get some of them right. 

- Cuphead Delicious Last Course is AVAILABLE NOOOOOOW! 

- Phoenix Wright as next Smash character to coincide with that Great Attorney game (this was also predicted on The Back Page but I think it's a very good shout) 

- No Breath of the Wild 2 in 2021. Nintendo try to placate us with a Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD double pack. It doesn't work. 

- Long rumoured Metal Gear Solid Remake makes an appearance. As does a Resident Evil 4 Remake. 

- PSVR2 to launch with a new Astro Bot. Widely considered to be Game of the Show. 

We will see:

All those Nintendo games we’re excited about, but they won’t come out until 2022.

A Zelda port/remake for the launch day of the updated Switch.

Halo Infinite multiplayer.

A quirky downloadable experiment for the Ring-con, like that skipping game or the Labo add-on for Mario Kart.

All those Sony games we already knew about.

PS5 updates for Sony games we’ve already played.

An intriguing but confusing trailer for a new Kojima game on some platform, not necessarily PlayStation.

Hades for everybody!

We won’t see:

PSVR2.

The updated Switch hardware. The logo will appear in a lot of game trailers but that’s all.

Halo Infinite’s campaign gameplay.

FF7 Remake part 2.

PS5 SSD info.

Anything interesting from Sony on streaming or backwards compatibility.

A remake of that game you like. You know the one.

Upgraded Joy-cons.

Surprise announcement random guess

30 uninformative seconds of the new Ueda game running at 26 frames per second.