IGNORED

The E3 2021 Predictions Thread

Ran

28 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Wasn't that already revealed like a month ago as a VR exclusive?

If there's one thing that Capcom like, it's rinsing as much money as they can out of old Resident Evil games. Surely they wouldn't be leaving money on the table by limiting their audience like that? Unless it's some sort of paid exclusivity, which would be something I'd be surprised by.

2 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

If there's one thing that Capcom like, it's rinsing as much money as they can out of old Resident Evil games.

In terms of porting the old games onto new systems for cheap, or making incredible from-the-ground-up remakes? You make it sound lazy and cynical, but basically what they’re doing is essential, necessary and god’s work :quote:

Yeah the Resident Evil Switch game is apparently the one known as "outrage" which will have at least 6 month exclusivity to my knowledge. Due this year.

RE4 is coming to Quest 2 and as a full remake.

All rumours of course.

On 03/05/2021 at 16:47, LaveDisco said:

COVID and remote working means everything is buggy, unfinished messes. Some are being released like that, others are getting delays.

Why is it when it comes to our own lives we're all "oh remote working for office workers work, but for game devs, it's oh noes the poor things are going to release buggy software"  Those fuckers have been doing it for a year. Should be adjusted to it by now.

Hoping that PSVR2 gets a release date. I'm getting a pre-order in as soon as I can put my details down on a list. Given how tech is at the moment with COVID!

Gran Turismo with this will be game changing. Hope they also give a release date for GT7 too... Fingers crossed it will be something like March next year! :)

Microsoft to announce a partnership with Oculus, with Quest 2 being Series X/S compatible and revealing a VR update to Forza Horizon 4 is available now. All first party titles to be updated. 

That will definitely happen, my uncle who works at Nintendo said that his friend who works at Facebook heard it off a bloke he knows who works down the chip shop near to Microsofts HQ. 

On 04/06/2021 at 09:56, Wahwah* said:

If there's one thing that Capcom like, it's rinsing as much money as they can out of old Resident Evil games. Surely they wouldn't be leaving money on the table by limiting their audience like that? Unless it's some sort of paid exclusivity, which would be something I'd be surprised by.

There is a real RE4 full effort remake from the same people who worked on RE2make.

The Facebook mobile VR port of the original version is being done primarily by Armature Studio.

16 hours ago, Junker said:

Do people remember the StarFox racer and Ridge Racer rumours from a couple of years ago? What was all that about?

The usual fan hopes and dreams, or a clever way to flush out the people leaking information they shouldn't be. Star Fox Grand Prix was certainly being taken seriously as multiple people kept that one alive for quite a long time.

These predictions are so spot on, I've included spoilers. Read at your own risk.

MS

• Spoiler

• Theme: We've got games coming, honest!
    • Shadow drops for Microsoft flight simulator, a (tiny) Halo Beta, and a Bethesda game (maybe early access) or something on Gamepass.
    • Some (likely embarrassing) attempts to widen participation in Gamepass and make it appear more Netflixy (ideally a 1 vs 100 reboot - which is widely seen as a Tetris 99 rip off).
    • Widely declared as the winners (but in reality, just catching up).
    • LONGSHOT: Buy Fromsoft

PS5

• Spoiler

• Theme: Boy, we are cool. It's all about the games.
    • Nothing coming soon, but a bunch of good looking first party games trailed. Not that much though. 
    • 20% more colours used than the MS announcement.
    • Widely declared the losers (because the big hitters are already out)
    • LONGSHOT: Announce partnership with Fromsoft

Nintendo

• Spoiler

• Theme: COVID, please understand.
    • Switch Pro announced, some very sensible cost cutting decisions, so they keep making a profit, makes the general population furious that it can't outperform a Xbox Series S despite being a fraction of it's size and powered by a battery. Nothing ever really needs it, but it's still ace (like the New 3DS). They tack on some retro aspect, to drive middle age men to double dip. It works.
    • Zelda and Xenogears announced to make use of new power. Thats it. Neither coming this year.
    • 100% more colours used than the MS announcement.
    • Something bonkers because Nintendo are the best kind of stupid. 
    • Widely ignored.
    • LONGSHOT: Building on Mario Kart Live, they've a game that uses a drone. It's a Starfox game.

11 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

I had a 3DS XL. Despite my bad eyes, I bought the smaller, New 3DS, because I wanted the snes buttons (and wooden retro case).

I bought a tiny 8bitdo Bluetooth controller because it looked like a NES controller. It was unusable for me, the tiny size meant it hurt my arthritic hands like hell. Then they released an equally tiny Bluetooth controller that looked like a SNES controller and I immediately bought that one too.